Poll: The Official OcUK EU Referendum Exit poll (and results discussion thread)

How did you vote in the EU Referendum?

• Remain a member of the European Union

Votes: 861 53.0%
  • Leave the European Union

Votes: 763 47.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
"disappointed", "bunch of idiots", "so much stupidity" "please vote sensibly", "ashamed", "i'm embarrassed"

The contempt being shown for people holding a view contrary to the reported popular belief is what's really foolish. You may not agree but what's with the condescending tone. You would think there isn't a single ounce of intelligence, experience or wisdom in the 52% from these sorts of reactions.

It's as if the 48% all have crystal balls.

The funniest one going right now are these people wanting to petition for London to become its own independent state/country and separate from England.

If they do that then we should build a 50 foot wall all around it and tell them they can keep all of the uncontrolled immigration within and soon see what song they sing.

Caporegime
Do you mean the 3 billion paid to farmers to NOT use their farms so the EU can trade without any competition from us?
Farmers will now be able to properly trade once again, without the restrictions of the EU "no wonky foods" policy.

Did you even read the article you linked? It quite clearly states that its the supermarkets rejecting wonky vegetables because they believe consumers want "prettier" vegetables.

It also then states that they sell it in times of poor harvest
Because, when it suits them, the supermarkets start selling it. In years of poor harvest, the cosmetic standards are relaxed, and the farmers are asked to bag up the ever-so-slightly bendy or blemished produce that would normally be rejected. Of course nobody even notices."

So, nothing to do with the EU, whatsoever.

Caporegime
My entire Facebook is filled by my old Romford school friends from Essex spouting about Poles and eastern Europeans go home etcetera. I'm sure a lot of exit votes were won on xenophobic grounds I don't need more proof than my own eyes. I don't think all were and I know people won't admit to it here. It doesn't matter though either way what's done is done. Edit . Some have the balls to admit it here reading back

Soldato
Why is the EU going to stop selling to the UK?

Its the 5th largest economy in the world, punishing your own people by denying them access to selling to the 5th largest economy in the world would be stupid by most peoples definition of the word.

Lets hope it stays 5th or at least in the top 8 in next couple of year.

Associate
What an ignorant thing to say:rolleyes:

I'm 100% sure that doctor patient relation is purely professional, just like a taxi driver and a client.

I bet those in financial services care more about the money than NHS staff about people.

Having said that I don't say that NHS doesn't care. But let's not portray them as some angels doing angelic work. That is insane. They do their job, go home, that's it. Sometimes they think about their job. Wow unprecedented

Associate
I don't want that but it would save England and Wales tens of billions every year.

Sorry but it's true.

Definitely, however Ireland won't want Northern Ireland in a 'United Ireland' NI only exists because of the huge amounts of money pumped into it from the rest of the UK and the RoI take advantage of the NHS due to there being no border control between the two whatsoever. RoI couldn't support NI financially in the long term.

Oh please, you voted once and the outcome was stay so you get an answer you don't like and now want it all over again. I look forward to Scotland being used as nothing more as a bargaining chip on UK exit.

Would be more than happy for the Scots to finally leave but the EU doesn't want Scotland as a single entity because it can't provide anything of use to the EU.

Soldato
To anyone with a sensible head on their shoulders it makes absolutely no sense to remain part of a Union where our democratic wish is diminished and overruled by the rest of the UK. No matter how you voted you should be able to see this.. If you really gave a toss about the future of Scotland you will.

You SNP types are talking as if independence was off the table if we voted 'remain'.

Truth is, whichever way it went, the narrative about breaking up Britain & pretending the 2014 referendum never happened would have carried on regardless.

Even you must see the irony in lecturing people in the UK about Scotland's wishes being ignored when you lot pay no regard to 55% of your own countrymen who voted 'No' in 2014.

Mobster
Soldato
The UK is going to be hurt by this, definitely in terms of trade.

The EU won't let us be part of the single market. Even if they do, we'll have no choice over immigration, no choice over regulation, no choice over anything. So what will Leave have achieved then?

If we aren't part of the single market we'll have to negotiate trade deals which will take years, I think at least 10 years. We're of little importance now, because as a small country our influence is greatly reduced.

Soldato
Why is the EU going to stop selling to the UK?

Its the 5th largest economy in the world, punishing your own people by denying them access to selling to the 5th largest economy in the world would be stupid by most peoples definition of the word.

I am not saying the EU will stop selling the UK, but where the hell are those farmers in the UK going to sell to when they can't price match what is in the EU. So logic would dictate that the government would either have to massively subsidise the farmers or the would have to swallow hard and start passing some really bad laws forcing UK stores to buy UK produce which would then force those retailers to make the consumers swallow the prices.

or those farmers simply shut up shop and do something else. That 3 billion in farming subsidies has to be covered and if the argument is that they will now be free to sell then thats a lie because their costs do not allow them to be competitive without subsidisation and that means the UK tax payer finding that money from somewhere.

people are still not thinking this through properly, people are actually going to go out of business and jobs are going to be lost by the fistfull, but somehow you all still think its going to be ok ?

Permabanned
The funniest one going right now are these people wanting to petition for London to become its own independent state/country and separate from England.

If they do that then we should build a 50 foot wall all around it and tell them they can keep all of the uncontrolled immigration within and soon see what song they sing.

and where would england get the money to build a wall..........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom