Poll: The Official OcUK EU Referendum Exit poll (and results discussion thread)

How did you vote in the EU Referendum?

• Remain a member of the European Union

Votes: 861 53.0%
  • Leave the European Union

Votes: 763 47.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
It cannot be denied IMO that the Leave side was highly motivated by racist people.

To some extent I think so... but I also think the political failings of the past 15-20 years have a lot to do with this situation. The sad thing is people now expect the UK to become a better place and look to Westminster to deliver when most (if not all) of the problems are because of UK politics.

You do make a good point though and I see patriotism moving toward nationalism.

Soldato
FTSE 250 isn't moving - this is the one that we should be paying most attention to. It's sat at the high 6% loss today and is staying flat... not a good sign at all.

Not much point making too much of what happens today though - the next couple of weeks will be key however.

C64

C64

Soldato
Faith restored in humanity, it came down to democracy.
Took the north to do though huh shame on London but mind you there's barely any of us brits actually live in london.
The core reason I voted leave is whats the point of electing a government with a manifesto in an ever growing EU controlled superstate if the manifesto has to be passed by Brussels before the people.

Well done the northerners they know whats up, nothing much will change apart from we get to make our own choices business will carry on and already is.

Last edited:
Soldato
Lets hope it stays 5th or at least in the top 8 in next couple of year.

Well even the most pessimistic out look is a 10% loss of GDP.
At the moment we have GDP of $2.99 trillion.
if it took a 10% hit it would put us just below France.

Last edited:
Soldato
"disappointed", "bunch of idiots", "so much stupidity" "please vote sensibly", "ashamed", "i'm embarrassed"

The contempt being shown for people holding a view contrary to the reported popular belief is what's really foolish. You may not agree but what's with the condescending tone. You would think there isn't a single ounce of intelligence, experience or wisdom in the 52% from these sorts of reactions.

It's as if the 48% all have crystal balls.
The 48% dont have crystal balls, but they weren't blindfolding themselves and jumping off a moving train while crossing their fingers they hit a soft spot as they dragged everybody off the train with them.

Honestly, this all sounds so much like Republicans in the US. Deny that racist/xenophobic views exist among their numbers or that it in any way influences how people vote or what they vote for. Even though they specifically target these people with propaganda in order to influence them to get what they want. And once they do get it - again, complete denial about all of it. There are plenty of Republicans who are intelligent and have wisdom and all, but that doesn't make them honest or their pandering to be anything but morally reprehensible.

My entire Facebook is filled by my old Romford school friends from Essex spouting about Poles and eastern Europeans go home etcetera.
No man, this has nothing to do with anything!

Caporegime
FTSE 250 isn't moving - this is the one that we should be paying most attention to. It's sat at the high 6% loss today and is staying flat... not a good sign at all.

Not much point making too much of what happens today though - the next couple of weeks will be key however.

So its revicvered about 50% from the start wher eit was fown to about 12....

Caporegime

Out of interest, why should we be paying the most attention to the FTSE250? Why is it more representative of the British economy? Genuine question here btw.

Mobster
Soldato
Honestly, this all sounds so much like Republicans in the US. Deny that racist/xenophobic views exist among their numbers or that it in any way influences how people vote or what they vote for. Even though they specifically target these people with propaganda in order to influence them to get what they want. And once they do get it - again, complete denial about all of it. There are plenty of Republicans who are intelligent and have wisdom and all, but that doesn't make them honest or their pandering to be anything but morally reprehensible.

You're absolutely spot on. Take UKIP's poster for instance. Can anyone deny that was put out to appeal to (at best) prejudiced people?

Soldato
You SNP types are talking as if independence was off the table if we voted 'remain'.

Truth is, whichever way it went, the narrative about breaking up Britain & pretending the 2014 referendum never happened would have carried on regardless.

Even you must see the irony in lecturing people in the UK about Scotland's wishes being ignored when you lot pay no regard to 55% of your own countrymen who voted 'No' in 2014.

"You types", "and you lot" says quite a lot about the divisive nature of your opinion and complete lack of understanding or willingness to attempt to understand.

The Scottish Referendum like this Referendum is so close, it's almost too close to call. Surely you can appreciate that almost 50% of the population voted one way, why does it seem so unreasonable to think that half of the country still feel the way they did? If it was a 75-25% vote it might go away but without an overwhelming majority the fire is very much still lit.

It doesn't take much to understand this, maybe you could try?

Suspended
Nope. You've always appeared on the boards as being a middle aged, proud of himself, know-it-all. That observation has nothing to do with this referendum.

Middle Aged - Check
Proud of myself - Check
Know it all - Wrong

Don't say one thing and then behave another, or you just look like a bitter douche. I'm sure that face to face you're probably a nice guy and we'd get along perfectly well.

Caporegime
Indeed. Comparing 24 hours doesn't tell us much.

"Get back to normal" you say? Normal was UK in the EU. The new normal will not be as rosy, this is why the market shed £20+ billion today.

Really 30 years out of hundreds is what you consider normal?

By that reasoning what happens to you yesterday alone is normal.not what happened for the past 10 years

Soldato
Yes Putin is spot on.
I'm just waiting for the domino effect in the EU to happen

you'll be waiting a long time for that sunshine. The EC will burn the UK at likely a high price to prevent contagion. This isn't like a tin pot greece trying to rattle things up. The EC will meet and the punishments meted out to the UK will be harsh enough to see off any further rebellion in the ranks. There is no way they are going to sit around and let this spread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom