Poll: The Official OcUK EU Referendum Exit poll (and results discussion thread)

How did you vote in the EU Referendum?

• Remain a member of the European Union

Votes: 861 53.0%
  • Leave the European Union

Votes: 763 47.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
and where exactly are they going to trade once they lose access to the free single market ? Yes it likely means that they will get to sell everything or at least most of it in the UK, but that will come with a price hike for the consumers. People need to think this through properly. The cost of living is going to get a whole lot higher whilst the wages are not going to scale with it.

There is a reason a lot of stores import their goods from the EU, it's because they were cheaper and could invariably be sold to the consumer for a much more reasonable price. When that gets reversed and peoples wages are still in the basement I want to know what the plan is to stop this country going over the edge. Thus far no one has got a clue and the rubbish that the leave campaign have spouted about "of course we will retain access to the single market" comes with absolutely no proof whatsoever. Thus the UK has effectively sold its arse down the river and now doesn't have a boat to get back.

Why is the EU going to stop selling to the UK?

Its the 5th largest economy in the world, punishing your own people by denying them access to selling to the 5th largest economy in the world would be stupid by most peoples definition of the word.

"sorry really powerful german car makers lobby, you cant sell 500,000 cars a year to the UK, sucks to be you I guess"

Last edited:
Man of Honour
If both main parties get new leaders, you can guarantee they'll be a general election by the end of the year. I said it earlier and it's on the BBC now with people saying the same thing

BBC said:
John McDonnell says he believes there will be a general election before the end of the year and Labour will be preparing for it

Soldato
Interesting podcast & video from MoneyWeek on how this is not necessarily a bad thing & could actually be an ideal outcome:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdUBF9rNRI4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeFGKc2_LmQ
I dont think most Remain supporters could reasonably argue that this is inevitable doom or that it's impossible for this to turn out ok, I think the point is that it's a hugely high risk gamble throwing us into the unknown and creating the *potential* for disaster where before there was none. And for what? So we're not under Germany's thumb? Was that really costing us? Was that really the source of the UK's issues?

If anybody knows anything about American football, it'd be like throwing a hail mary in the 2nd quarter on a 1st down when you're tied 10-10 and have everything to play for still. Or maybe using soccer terms, it'd be like bringing out the goalie when tied 1-1 with 30 minutes to play. Just a total overreaction and a silly risk to take.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
We will, the only ones who believe we're better in the UK are the ones who originally voted no and voted to leave the UK. I almost forgot to add the Orange bigots too.

To anyone with a sensible head on their shoulders it makes absolutely no sense to remain part of a Union where our democratic wish is diminished and overruled by the rest of the UK. No matter how you voted you should be able to see this.. If you really gave a toss about the future of Scotland you will.

Oh please, you voted once and the outcome was stay so you get an answer you don't like and now want it all over again. I look forward to Scotland being used as nothing more as a bargaining chip on UK exit.

Associate
"disappointed", "bunch of idiots", "so much stupidity" "please vote sensibly", "ashamed", "i'm embarrassed"

The contempt being shown for people holding a view contrary to the reported popular belief is what's really foolish. You may not agree but what's with the condescending tone. You would think there isn't a single ounce of intelligence, experience or wisdom in the 52% from these sorts of reactions.

It's as if the 48% all have crystal balls.

Mobster
Soldato
You would have been happy with a win for remain based on lies though? Let's just clarify your position.

(just responding in the drab way you usually do)

Let's have a look at the lies your side peddled.

£3.5 million to the EU every week. Leaving the EU means we can get immigration to the 10s of thousands. Leaving means we become sovereign again. Leaving means we'll have less regulation. Leaving means we'll have greater influence.

Now what have the remain side said that is a lie?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom