Brexit thread - what happens next

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Where is the money coming from to pay for all these immigration officer and port authority jobs?

Giz

Are you serious, or messing with me? We already employ them to do this.
There isn't going to be a World War Z style flood of people trying to get in with newly emplyed immigration soldiers fighting them back.
It's just a case of no freedom of movement untill we have a far more realistic population to resouces ratio.

Is that really to much to ask?

Soldato
Correction, it is called delusion, and you have succeeded in brainwashing your children, congratulations?

Gonna have to add you back to the ignore list mate, you're too daft for me to handle. I've already been banned far too many times! :eek: :p

I knew you couldn't do it. You never know what I'm saying about you and it gets you ;)

My children are doing very well in life. The two eldest have their own home and their not even 26 yet ;)

Caporegime
At what point to people accept that they were not invited here but came anyway en mass . There are millions of people that have not just been tolerated but massively pandered to by the left. It has gone on for so long and been thrust upon people who didn't want it. of course you are now seeing some backlashm it's been repressed for 20 years.

:confused: are you not descended from immigrants? I know I am. Should I go back to where they came from?

Associate
There isn't going to be a World War Z style flood of people trying to get in with newly emplyed immigration soldiers fighting them back.
It's just a case of no freedom of movement untill we have a far more realistic population to resouces ratio.

Are you serious or messing with me?
Surely even you can understand that an increase in workload means an increase in staff will be needed?

So you never went and read what the Leave party was planning? I feel sad for you.

Please show me this well documented plan they have, I must have missed it.

Caporegime
So you never went and read what the Leave party was planning? I feel sad for you.

Planning? They had no plan, that's been obvious ever since the referendum closed. They're running around like chickens with their heads cut off, desperately trying to figure out how they'll appease the rampaging hordes after admitting that they can't keep the promises they made.

Soldato
It's amusing (inspired by listening to Radio 2) to hear that Cameron obviously said before the referendum that the result will be delivered whatever it is, then the leave result comes in and he nopes right out of there and resigns.

Talk about bottling it. He really should've kicked off article 50, then dropped the mic and walked off.

You think so? I personally think it was probably the only decent thing he's ever done for the country. Effectively but a pause in the process of jumping off a cliff with a rucksack that may or may not contain a parachute. Whilst its caused massive uncertainty its staved off complete meltdown (for the time being).

Caporegime
I knew you couldn't do it. You never know what I'm saying about you and it gets you ;)

My children are doing very well in life. The two eldest have their own home and their not even 26 yet ;)

I'm not sure how the fact that they are allegedly doing well in life has any bearing... :p

I can now see hubris as well as delusion.

Anyway, this topic is pointless.

Last edited:
Permabanned
And the horrible twist is that that 350million will be needed to offset the extra costs to the NHS incurred due to the devalued pound if things continue the current trend.

I truly believe a lot of those who voted Out think the NHS receives too much funding, which is blatantly squandered and hope to see massive reforms or privatisation of it. My wife works in a job that services the NHS and the waste is extraordinary, the service mediocre, to third world, depending where and when one is unfortunate enough to fall ill or suffer an accident.

Every wealthy person I know, should they be really seriously ill would choose to go outside the UK for treatment. The NHS treatment of the elderly is appalling, and shameful.

Caporegime
Yes they do, they're the ones making life difficult for the ECB over stabilising the indebted economies of southern europe (e.g. euro bonds).

Hmm.... well, they have a central bank in name but it's not Lender of Last Resort so I would argue it's not a real central bank. However, I'll concede that if other people want to say the Eurozone has multiple central bank they are not wrong.

Caporegime
You think so? I personally think it was probably the only decent thing he's ever done for the country. Effectively but a pause in the process of jumping off a cliff with a rucksack that may or may not contain a parachute. Whilst its caused massive uncertainty its staved off complete meltdown (for the time being).

Indeed. It was partly his fault (though I genuinely think he never thought there would be chance we would vote to leave....just like Boris and Gove didn't...) but he has done the decent thing by not invoking it and at least giving the government a chance to not do it.

Soldato
Are you serious or messing with me?
Surely even you can understand that an increase in workload means an increase in staff will be needed?

Please show me this well documented plan they have, I must have missed it.

Why is there any increase of workload? Are you expecting people to just ignore the fact their are no jobs for EU countries and just attempt to be illegal?
Even if that was the case, like I itterated, the numbers would be small and managable with some employment, it's hardly going to bankrupt the UK by employing some staff. Christ, how does Australia and the USA manage with all those immigration officers it has. Must cost a fortune.

Man of Honour
I truly believe a lot of those who voted Out think the NHS receives too much funding, which is blatantly squandered and hope to see massive reforms or privatisation of it. My wife works in a job that services the NHS and the waste is extraordinary, the service mediocre, to third world, depending where and when one is unfortunate enough to fall ill or suffer an accident.

Every wealthy person I know, should they be really seriously ill would choose to go outside the UK for treatment. The NHS treatment of the elderly is appalling, and shameful.

My brother works for the NHS and also one of my friends - some of the stories (I've mentioned 1-2 before here) when it comes to inefficiency and waste, etc. are crazy.

NHS at its core (though some services, etc. should/could be) should never be privatised IMO but it definitely needs better management and safeguards.

Associate

Is that really to much to ask?

No I'm serious

You want to stop all people coming in to this country and close all borders.

Without 1000s more immigration officers, coastguard , HMRC, port authorities and even Army you cannot stop people from entering this country

Giz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom