• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** OcUK HAS 21 CUSTOM GTX 1080 MODELS READY FOR PRE-ORDER !! **

Permabanned
I would recommend the Pallit super jetstream to anyone who isnt bothered about it being a triple slot cooler. Its in stock and at £620 its one of the cheapest. Mine boosts to 2000mhz out the box, fans never go above 40 to keep it at 70 degrees after hours of gaming and I cant even hear it in case full of low noise fans. I'm VERY impressed with it

Associate
Scotsman here too so it's far too much trouble (and money) to change to another gpu. At £620 the strix is a steal but the wait is killing me slowly :mad: Also has a gtx 770 and it worked excellently for me until the day I sold it!

Another scotsman waiting for a strix here lol. Maybe its just us thrifty scots left who haven't switched!

I'm 16th in queue after ordering on 27th May, i'm not in a mad rush for it, i've waited this long, can wait a bit longer. Only thing is my 980ti is depreciating by the day but at least i can still use it for now

Lmfao just as I get my ftw edition delivered Today. I've just got a dispatch notice from Amazon for the Asus 1080 strix. Considering the price I paid for the strix (£589)is £20 less than the ftw edition from Overclockers I think I'll keep the strix!
Isn't it slightly hilarious that Amazon have got the strix in before ocuk? The power of these .coms!!

Either that or sell it, even with all the fleabay fees these cards are going for a premium.

interesting, is it the OC version of the strix?

Associate
I would recommend the Pallit super jetstream to anyone who isnt bothered about it being a triple slot cooler. Its in stock and at £620 its one of the cheapest. Mine boosts to 2000mhz out the box, fans never go above 40 to keep it at 70 degrees after hours of gaming and I cant even hear it in case full of low noise fans. I'm VERY impressed with it

Can you measure the width mate, I'm defo considering one of these if my xtreme doesn't turn up soon. Just want an idea of exactly how much space we are talking.

Permabanned
Can you measure the width mate, I'm defo considering one of these if my xtreme doesn't turn up soon. Just want an idea of exactly how much space we are talking.

Yeah mate no bother. I will post up sometime in the next half hour when I get a minute. Check out my pics on the 1080 owners thread to get a judge of the depth

Permabanned

Right, please bare in mind the card is installed so this isnt exact but its as close as I can get.

Length=29cm
Width=14cm
Depth=6 1/2cm (2 and a half slots)

I have the ROG VIII hero and its installed in the top PCI slot and I could still get another card installed below it even though it would be VERY close!

As I said though, I cannot recommend this card enough. Ive always gone MSI Gaming cards but this is cooler,quieter and faster so the extra £100 they want is out of the question

Associate
Yep full Asus GTX 1080 strix gaming OC direct CU model

At least this explains where the 1000 Strix cards that Asus promised were arriving in the UK this week went. Looks like they sent the lot to the jungle. :eek: A shame they choose to support the big etailers first but sadly that's the way big companies work these days. Fingers crossed we see our Strix soon.

Associate
At least this explains where the 1000 Strix cards that Asus promised were arriving in the UK this week went. Looks like they sent the lot to the jungle. :eek: A shame they choose to support the big etailers first but sadly that's the way big companies work these days. Fingers crossed we see our Strix soon.

Perhaps there are 50 on the way to ocuk as promised but will not arrive until monday?

Associate
Right, please bare in mind the card is installed so this isnt exact but its as close as I can get.

Length=29cm
Width=14cm
Depth=6 1/2cm (2 and a half slots)

I have the ROG VIII hero and its installed in the top PCI slot and I could still get another card installed below it even though it would be VERY close!

As I said though, I cannot recommend this card enough. Ive always gone MSI Gaming cards but this is cooler,quieter and faster so the extra £100 they want is out of the question

Thanks for that.

Soldato
Seems an almighty mess.

When I worked in manufacturing, we were penalised by buyers if we couldnt fulfil orders. Typically they got a discount on cost of items.

I would hope OCUK and other retailers get compensated for a total fail on ASUS part, as the retailer should have the strong bargaining position here.

Soldato
Looks like the majority of the FTW guys have disappeared now they have their GPU :'( please asus hurry up

I've now finally had confirmation of my order delivering Monday, I'll post up some pics and stats when it does - I've go a pair of them replacing a 980Ti in a custom loop... They will have to run on air until EK release the blocks so I'll be able to share my comparison out the box vs my overclocked 980Ti FTW. No HB bridges in stock in the right size anyway so those will have to come later...

Also planning to test using the 980Ti as a dedicated physx card, which I'm aware is overkill but it's also fun :)

Soldato
Sold my 770 on 4th June :mad: Been sitting with no games to play for over a month now :(

I've been on Intel graphics since May 20 and with a new Acer Predator X34A G-Sync ultra-wide. It's been hell!!

My 1080 FTW finally comes Monday. Hang in there dude your card will come. You could also switch models. MSI 1080 Gaming X card would be my second choice.

Associate
Lmfao just as I get my ftw edition delivered Today. I've just got a dispatch notice from Amazon for the Asus 1080 strix. Considering the price I paid for the strix (£589)is £20 less than the ftw edition from Overclockers I think I'll keep the strix!
Isn't it slightly hilarious that Amazon have got the strix in before ocuk? The power of these .coms!!

Either that or sell it, even with all the fleabay fees these cards are going for a premium.

I too have had my OC Strix since 6th July after my seller got their consignment in on the 1st. I'm not sure whats happening with the OCUK stock as Asus seem to be fulfilling other companies first. For what its worth this card is fantastic and was well worth waiting almost 6 weeks!

Associate
I've been on Intel graphics since May 20 and with a new Acer Predator X34A G-Sync ultra-wide. It's been hell!!

My 1080 FTW finally comes Monday. Hang in there dude your card will come. You could also switch models. MSI 1080 Gaming X card would be my second choice.

Just seems like forever lol. Hoping they get their act together soon and asus can make some nerds happy!

Back
Top Bottom