The next Conservative Leader thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Why would it be? Your pension is based on contributions already made. Whether you like Mr Farage or not (personally I can't abide him) he will have paid contributions into his pension pot so those rights have already been accrued.

Agree completely, but just for the record MEP pensions were non-contributory until 2009. The current scheme does take (pitifully low) contributions, but incredibly they're not deducted from an MEP's salary - rather they're taken from one of their supplementary allowances.

Soldato
Why would it be? Your pension is based on contributions already made. Whether you like Mr Farage or not (personally I can't abide him) he will have paid contributions into his pension pot so those rights have already been accrued.

Actually it entirely depends on the type of pension you have.

Caporegime
I'd take Farage over Leadsom just because you can say with near certainty that he would enforce economic policies that means drinking myself to death would remain an affordable option.

Suspended
Actually it entirely depends on the type of pension you have.

Well as it's government the I would expect it to be loosely based on typical civil service pensions i.e. a defined benefit scheme. Having said that our government has now moved civil servants to a 'career average' model in order to save themselves even more money.

I notice they haven't moved themselves onto the same scheme though. :rolleyes:

Soldato
Well as it's government the I would expect it to be loosely based on typical civil service pensions i.e. a defined benefit scheme. Having said that our government has now moved civil servants to a 'career average' model in order to save themselves even more money.

I notice they haven't moved themselves onto the same scheme though. :rolleyes:

And those pension systems aren't based on your contributions.

Caporegime
I'd take Farage over Leadsom just because you can say with near certainty that he would enforce economic policies that means drinking myself to death would remain an affordable option.

You can smoke yourself to death too! Remember Farage says “doctors have got it wrong on smoking.”

Soldato
It strikes me as excessive for Farage since he never bothered doing his job properly as an MEP but it doesn't strike me as excessive for an MEP, no. Why do you think it should?

Lots would say he has done a very good job, why do you say otherwise? The result after the referendum was what he spent the past 20 years fighting for wasn't it?

Leave out whether you like him or not, i dont know any other politician that has done what Farage has done, or even come close in the past 20 years.

Soldato
Andrea has also gone on air to mention that the single market has outlived its usefulness and the establishment is out to get her. I call false flag. She must be scorza!

Some how the Tory party members are going to vote her in though when you think about what the demographic is of the voting members, Leadsom likely gives at least 70% of them a boner...................:eek:

Soldato
You need to get out more. :D

Meeooowww :D

andrea_leadsom.jpg

Caporegime
One of Ms Leadsom’s most high-profile backers Penny Mordaunt, the Defence minister, promised the Tory leadership candidate would set out a “third way” to solve the apparent dilemma over the single market and free movement – but this is yet to materialise.

An unsubstantiated claim of grass being greener. Now where has that happened before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom