• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** OcUK HAS 21 CUSTOM GTX 1080 MODELS READY FOR PRE-ORDER !! **

Associate
Not really, the Strix cards cost us nearly £50 more than an EVGA SC unfortunately.
Even if you're not currently the cheapest place with this in stock? I obviously don't expect you to go down to £580 - that'd be madness! I understand if there's nothing you can do though.

Thanks

Last edited:
Associate
The feeling I get right now is Asus have stopped testing and are just throwing the GPUs into the regular and the Gamer, as those speeds can be hit, so yes there could be some overclocking gems.

The issue for Asus is the way they pre-test is to strict and their clock speeds for the OC were simply to high, they made a clear error and as such were getting very poor yields and wasting a lot of time.

So for now I feel they have stopped testing because the result right now is Asus are not selling any 1080's, because they have no 1080's pretty much in stock in any good volume of Strix anywhere. So they need to get stock into channels, then they get sales and market share back and at the same time a lot of OC customers will happily switch.

Once they get production and the channel stocked on regular cards I can forsee they will start testing GPU again to try and get some OC's out the door.

For now we have increased the pricing on Gamer and OC to a crazy level to stop any new orders, we want our own customers who already paid to have first dibs and we'd rather limit any new orders on the OC part by pricing it so high no one buys it. :)

Looking this way but why the hell just make a statement its deafness which makes things worse not putting hands up saying an error was made.

Is the gamer version still on offer at what you said Gibbo. Your efforts on this and deals offered under circumstances show why safe to by from overclockers.

I also got reply from Asus yesterday.

Associate
been on hold for 7 minutes now had to get back to work. not a happy bunny

put a message in on the forum customer support but not sure how long it be before stig sees my message

Managed to speak to someone while sat at work (hopefully wont be shot) and he spoke to StigBourne who is already on the case. I love Overclockers customer service they are the best around.

Just had new order ship email now saying Saturday. Overclockers Customer Service come through again. Always a pleasure. Thanks all :D:D:D

OcUK Staff
OP
Looking this way but why the hell just make a statement its deafness which makes things worse not putting hands up saying an error was made.

Is the gamer version still on offer at what you said Gibbo. Your efforts on this and deals offered under circumstances show why safe to by from overclockers.

I also got reply from Asus yesterday.

Yes but only to those who are waiting for a Strix OC 1080, the offer is not for people waiting for other brands, just Asus customers.

OcUK Staff
OP
Even if you're not currently the cheapest place with this in stock? I obviously don't expect you to go down to £580 - that'd be madness! I understand if there's nothing you can do though.

Thanks

Well best I can offer is £639.99 inc on the Strix, you'd need to use livechat, link to my response here and they will change your order for you.

Associate
Well best I can offer is £639.99 inc on the Strix, you'd need to use livechat, link to my response here and they will change your order for you.

GIBBO did you say live chat. Live chat has never worked for me always says your too busy. I assumed your all busy. Are you telling me it does work and it must be my browser?

Back
Top Bottom