• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

GTX 1060

Soldato
I notice there are some smaller versions available? Is there any difference in performance there? Tempted to grab a smaller one as the price is much better but worried its a cut down version, it would probably look a bit silly in my full size tower though :p

The spec looks the same...

Soldato
I notice there are some smaller versions available? Is there any difference in performance there? Tempted to grab a smaller one as the price is much better but worried its a cut down version, it would probably look a bit silly in my full size tower though :p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=no_NBTivfgY

EVGA SC overclocks great and runs cool and quiet.

Man of Honour
What's the deal about no SLI?

Picking up two low-mid range cards and going SLI was always a good option, giving you top-end card performance for half the price ish, but now we seem to have had that robbed from us.

OcUK Staff

Nope, all cards feature same amount of cores, memory bus etc. This card can be built on a very small PCB and small cooler, so board partners have used this to make smaller cards which is quite a smart move actually. It reduces cost and means they have no compatibility issues with cases.

Associate
I wonder if Gregster is picking one up and reviewing it? Maybe we should setup something like a paypal scheme or something along those lines to contribute 10-20 quid and buy one just for benchmarks and overall stress :)

Caporegime
I wonder if Gregster is picking one up and reviewing it? Maybe we should setup something like a paypal scheme or something along those lines to contribute 10-20 quid and buy one just for benchmarks and overall stress :)

Not this time and just gaming at the moment and lots of VR (a bit too hot for that through the day though).

At the prices I have seen though, I was very tempted.

Associate
Has there been a write up anywhere on how Nvidia managed to keep power consumption so much lower than AMD?
Is it in the chip design? Fab? Other components?

I think AMD is usually less aggressive on voltage than Nvidia are, since many have been able to undervolt their 480s with a corresponding decrease in power usage of around 20W whilst running at stock clocks.

Caporegime
I caved and swapped my 480 Nitro+ to the 1060, same price and get the 1060 tomorrow.

Don't blame you tbh, and i doubt you'll be the only one, as why wait for god knows how long for a custom 480, when you can buy a custom 1060 right this very second :)

it crazy how there are still no amd aib cards in stock yet.

+1, its an absolute joke you still can't get a custom 480 yet.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom