• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

GTX 1060

DPB

DPB

Associate
Any chance of Nvidia releasing 1060ti ?

Maybe, but I don't think it's all that likely. The gap from 960 to 970 last generation was pretty huge, but even then they still didn't release anything in between. This time round the difference is much smaller.

Nvidia seems to be producing far fewer variants than they used to, like the 600 series when they had a card for every possible price/performance point.

Associate
Figured it was about time to retire my ageing 660ti (and contribute to this forum!), so have jumped on the Evga 1060 SC bandwagon. Size, temps and 0db mode were all too tempting.

Won't get chance to play with it until next weekend but will report back for anyone thinking of making a similar jump.

Was tempted by the 1070 but prices are silly. But hey, let's see what they're like in 89 days in case Step-Up tempts me back... :)

Associate
Figured it was about time to retire my ageing 660ti (and contribute to this forum!), so have jumped on the Evga 1060 SC bandwagon. Size, temps and 0db mode were all too tempting.

Won't get chance to play with it until next weekend but will report back for anyone thinking of making a similar jump.

Was tempted by the 1070 but prices are silly. But hey, let's see what they're like in 89 days in case Step-Up tempts me back... :)

I'm really happy with mine. Do report back what yours boost to without any overclocking from yourself, mine gets to slightly above 2ghz with no hassle at all. I also find that when I set my fan speed to 50% my temps somehow stay below 50c in less intensive games (WoW, CSGO etc). I'm not sure if the low temps are a testament to EVGA's cooling solution or the low power draw of the 1060. Either way, I'm very impressed.

Last edited:
Associate
Hello all,
I have Plait GTX 1060 SuperJeStream...but I can`t see my ASIC score because in GPU-Z it`s not supported on this graphics card... Is it common with GTX 1060?
Also, I have issue with PhysX in Warface, can not enable in the game in options... In Nvidea control panel I select GPU and still nothing... Any suggestions?
I`ve already reset Windows10 and install everything from scratch...nothing changed in Warface with PhysX...
Thank you.

Associate
I'm really happy with mine. Do report back what yours boost to without any overclocking from yourself, mine gets to slightly above 2ghz with no hassle at all. I also find that when I set my fan speed to 50% my temps somehow stay below 50c in less intensive games (WoW, CSGO etc). I'm not sure if the low temps are a testament to EVGA's cooling solution or the low power draw of the 1060. Either way, I'm very impressed.

Finally got around to installing the card and I'm very pleased so far. Immediately noticed the Boost clock reaching 2012 mhz without any adjustment from me, as you said it might. Will check out the 0db bios update, but other than that may not bother with overclocking at this stage as seems to be flying through anything I throw at it.

Associate
Finally got around to installing the card and I'm very pleased so far. Immediately noticed the Boost clock reaching 2012 mhz without any adjustment from me, as you said it might. Will check out the 0db bios update, but other than that may not bother with overclocking at this stage as seems to be flying through anything I throw at it.

http://forums.evga.com/EVGA-GeForce-GTX-1060-BIOS-Update-Single-Fan-Models-Only-m2520978.aspx

That's the 0db update if you're looking for it.

Associate
Immediately noticed the Boost clock reaching 2012 mhz without any adjustment from me, as you said it might. Will check out the 0db bios update, but other than that may not bother with overclocking at this stage as seems to be flying through anything I throw at it.

Same as mine.

Put a wee overclock on it with Precisionx.. Running very smoothly at 2100mhz. Happy to to leave it at that!

Associate
I'm getting similar scores in Valley and games run fine 95% of the time but sometimes in I get odd framerate drops to 57-58 fps and its really starting to annoy me now.

I thought it might be due to the variable clock / gpu boost thing but it still happens with power management set to maximum performance. So far I'm not entirely thrilled with my switch to nvidia :(

Associate
EVGA 1060 6GB SC @ 2100mhz

uv3.png

Associate
Never goes above 65. Usually it's around the 60 mark at load..

fan_curve.png

EDIT // Lowering the fan speed to a maximum 60% at any time still only sees the GPU running at 66/67 degreEs at full load

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom