Show us your kitty cats

Soldato
Dexter taking up his usual space on the sofa. This is why we needed such a big sofa! He's been loving it this week as the missus is away, it means he can take up all the space in the bed without being kicked.

cej8Plnl.jpg

Soldato
Meet Lucy. She is 11 weeks old and checking the new staff are up to scratch.

Linky

iMPImg1yK2YHuXGfIWcD6jO7AuSf4vY83BC_W6tXf-eN4sawaLBX-svSbXlV5LWfAZIa9916TjkeoM4hF3oPUtpXcya5-rFoolBLTWMuBVCizn10W7uB7ZvOM8zStv3YRwk934gnkq0i-VnmiXXcBWYZew8XeYwzIjFSsskK_Mq8d66Khoww_sWKHOSn3uHkTl8URTRK63e39ejvTjuxcP_tbd_UGyfRFvBuEm2gYXJzkzrKHoHxIAdazNJ0pDoGE23YEmdJJAgJnIEMZShgGK9NPClzkMLniJb2w-NKbvn2lYy2HU4-FdOTfGX1X1sn6F6ZeCSwMYZnLrjWYUFdDGWkl_2X-5Zy3ETv1jPGnWhWFY_ojj7u4-JZkJRVu5S-pmm5R33q2Dryhafv-3M1d8wo-w2usI7ufmmm4ISqST-363KErFK_qtqyBawelWQpSeTjVOPdKKJrMbHBDJYe4RtLkR2B0QP4lEKUKjL2ip4jEATZu2N46Co9rvLCz3SVvoQ_HDAKkdYfRoRa1W1F0lTzKrqKU_wsMV6-h2PzUJ7HzEqjEj87YuvJr5O7kr7CXHBMP3N5PrY21SMUReZrCJqIEt5mnDEuKdiYwXC84g-TVG5D=w1609-h972-no

Last edited:
Soldato
Our 11yo cat is currently not very happy with us for bringing a puppy into the home. The pup has been great and hasn't really bothered with her at all, but the cat is keeping a distance from the house (as opposed to sleeping all day inside).

She's a bit better than a few days ago, just wondering if any of you have introduced a dog and how long they took to adjust?

Soldato
Our 11yo cat is currently not very happy with us for bringing a puppy into the home. The pup has been great and hasn't really bothered with her at all, but the cat is keeping a distance from the house (as opposed to sleeping all day inside).

She's a bit better than a few days ago, just wondering if any of you have introduced a dog and how long they took to adjust?

I would maybe keep the pup in a seperate room for a couple of days. Let your cat think the house is very much still hers. Curiosity will get the better of your cat and soon enough she will go for a sniff and investigate. Never tried it with a dog but a slow introduction usually works best.

Soldato
Kind of doing that now, and she will come up to him have a sniff then go out again. She comes back for food, and still sleeps with us in the bedroom (pup isn't allowed in there). I think she'll be fine eventually just a waiting game I suppose.

Associate
Please don't skip cat vaccines like my father did.

Both my cats (13 yrs old) have calicivirus. One has a large ulcer on the tongue, and both have had most of their teeth removed as a result of secondary infections. They now both require a tremendous amount of work with medications etc, and one cat will only eat via spoonfeeding. Vet bills have cost roughly 2k each (thankfully insured), and will require medication for the rest of their lives as the virus is rarely cured.

Back
Top Bottom