Show us your kitty cats

Caporegime
Whats the best treat for brihing cats?

Said cat seems to refuse "real" food so tuna/salmon/bit of chicken doesn't work

I've got to look after it for the weekend and it always hides in the cupboard

Caporegime
no I keep up with all my pets, funny enough I received a booster reminder for the cats today

Although I haven't said it out loud. I am suspect that my Dad's gf lax attitude when it comes to meds is was caused Tony to pass on.

He was bigger than ever when I saw him and was only active when eating. Part of me thinks she didn't keep his worming up properly and he ate his way until he had an internal rupture or something.

But, I'd never ever ever say that to them. Medication is essential for cats. Especially specific/special breeds imo.

Soldato
Although I haven't said it out loud. I am suspect that my Dad's gf lax attitude when it comes to meds is was caused Tony to pass on.

He was bigger than ever when I saw him and was only active when eating. Part of me thinks she didn't keep his worming up properly and he ate his way until he had an internal rupture or something.

But, I'd never ever ever say that to them. Medication is essential for cats. Especially specific/special breeds imo.

Probably more important to cats than dogs as my cats are out all the time coming into contact with God knows what

Permabanned
Hand rearing is awesome... the bond is really special. My first pair got cat flue just before we collected them at 6/7 weeks old. One of them nearly didn't make it and we had to keep bottle feeding him til he was about 3-4 months old.

Even his shouting for food sounded like he was shouting the word "milk" it was hilarious :)

We had a great bond.

A kitten we found later in the road turned out to be about 3-4 weeks old when we found her, most likely a stray/wild kitten as she was already eating bits of solid food by then which is quite unusual for such a young kitten.

She was the most affectionate little kitten I've ever known... she'd be waiting for me in the morning to give me a face nuzzle and cuddle and always have the happiest expression on her face.

Soldato
:D :D

IT was an amazing thing you did. Had rearing a kitten is almost like a new born baby. Milk every few hours., Creates a real bond though

it was hard work with the feeding and toilet regime but luckily me and the mrs were on opposite shifts when working, i have to say though there was a great rewarding feeling watching them grow up

Associate
My first post here although not my first visit to the thread. There are some adorable cats in here!

Anyway, this is Luna, she'll be 1 soon. She was from a rescue centre, aroundd 6 months when we got her, the picture was taken the same day we got her home.

REf3wEL.jpg

Last edited:
It is with a tremendous sense of numb sadness that I type this post, but my faithful cat of 12 years passed away about half an hour ago.

She'd been missing for 2 days (very unlike her as she never missed a meal, or one of mine), and one of the neighbours found her half gone when he got in this evening. Pancaked out on their back grass, covered in flies and fly eggs. Pretty grim, but to my amazement she was still alive. Barely, but hanging in there.

Managed to get her over to the emergency vet, but she was freezing cold and hypo-calcemic. Nitrate levels in her blood were through the roof. They incubated her and got some fluids in to her to kick start her back up, but it seems that only made her symptoms more prevalent and neurological issues started to present. Both the vet and the neurological consultant concluded that she'd ingested ethylene glycol, malicious or otherwise. I don't really care too much at this point of the mo(u)rning.

She'd had a seizure between phone calls and blood tests, and hadn't passed any of the 600ml of fluid she'd been given in 5 hours so her kidneys had shut down and her brain wasn't far behind. We made the call and had her put to sleep as to avoid any further suffering.

My awesome little cat of 12 years who'd seen me through good times and bad, countless trials and tribulations, house moves, life changes, the birth of our son, new jobs, and so on has gone so suddenly. I always thought she'd live to a ripe old age of 20 something, being that noisy frail cat wondering the house looking for a warm place to sleep the day through and the odd rub behind the ears every now and then.

Had her from a kitten of 6 weeks, proper horror she was too destroying just about anything she could but she turned into a chilled out cat full of personality when it was needed and for the rest of the time she was just there being. Being awesome.

So long Feeb, your only misadventure was your last.

1_25pc_zpsjdcyrp49.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks dude, means a lot. :)

We had a chance to say goodbye, so I take comfort from that. Could have found her already gone, or hit by a car or something. She was lucid when we dropped her off at the vet and said goodbye then, but when we went back she was properly dosed up so I don't think she'd have known what was going on towards the end.

There was a possibility of getting her referring to Royal College, but even if we got out of the neurological woods the damage to her kidneys would have been too severe for any quality of life. Not to mention the five figure sums that our insurance wouldn't have covered, and we couldn't get an answer until tomorrow morning anyway. A time she would have spent suffering to an uncertain outcome.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom