• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Pascal GTX 1070 Owners Thread

Soldato
So I'm 99% certain I'm going to be replacing my 970 with a 1070 this week. Having a look through the ones on sale I'm struggling to work out why I would go for anything other than the KFA2 EX OC? It's only £20 more than the very cheapest, seems to have a good cooler, and a back plate, yet has clock speeds almost as high as some of the £420 cards.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/kfa2...ddr5-pci-express-graphics-card-gx-091-kf.html

Is there something I'm missing as to why I shouldn't go for this one?

Personally, I would spend the extra tenner and get the Inno iChill X3, even if it came with the same warranty (it has an extra year).

Associate
So I'm 99% certain I'm going to be replacing my 970 with a 1070 this week. Having a look through the ones on sale I'm struggling to work out why I would go for anything other than the KFA2 EX OC? It's only £20 more than the very cheapest, seems to have a good cooler, and a back plate, yet has clock speeds almost as high as some of the £420 cards.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/kfa2...ddr5-pci-express-graphics-card-gx-091-kf.html

Is there something I'm missing as to why I shouldn't go for this one?

I would take the msi card instead.

A tenner cheaper and an extra year warranty.

I would guess that it may be cooler as well as those fans are big.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/msi-...ddr5-pci-express-graphics-card-gx-32c-ms.html

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=28330031&postcount=4111

Looks like my Gaming X still the top 1070 score :D

Lets see some more results as I don't think mine is the best clocker out there plus its not even under water :)

Don't think it has anything to do with the brand of the card. You sir won the memory lottery there. My card can easily match your core clock for benching. My memory however can only do 2300 stable, maybe a bit more for benching though. But 2500 is very good. Essentially that is GDDR5X default clocks for 1080 ;)

I look forward to Vega, HBM2 will hopefully be awesome memory.

Associate
Don't think it has anything to do with the brand of the card. You sir won the memory lottery there. My card can easily match your core clock for benching. My memory however can only do 2300 stable, maybe a bit more for benching though. But 2500 is very good. Essentially that is GDDR5X default clocks for 1080 ;)

I look forward to Vega, HBM2 will hopefully be awesome memory.

Yes my memory clocks very well, maxed out the slider in Afterburner. Its not game stable at those clocks but will pass a few benches with 100% fan speed without artifacting. I game at +110/+600 and its rock solid at all the games I've tried.

I think there are others with better core speeds though :)

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Yes my memory clocks very well, maxed out the slider in Afterburner. Its not game stable at those clocks but will pass a few benches with 100% fan speed without artifacting. I game at +110/+600 and its rock solid at all the games I've tried.

I think there are others with better core speeds though :)

Memory seems to make a big difference in benches with this card so I don't think you will lose that spot easily unless someone has a good card that is maybe custom watercooled. Not many custom watercooling a 1070 though. Truth is apart from nice temps, watercooling will get you what, 5% more sustained stable performance? :p

My memory is a no go +600 (can't complain, +500 is still good), but had it do over +200 on core while benching when I first got it. Not that it meant anything much higher than 2100MHz for a long period anyway. I could probably get 2200MHz or close on the core with this card if watercooled though, still would not beat your score don't think though due to memory only going max +550 from what I last checked.

Soldato
How is it that your memory is near the 2000MHz region but Precision X shows mine sitting around 4000MHz? I'm obviously looking at something incorrectly since it doesn't seem to match anyone's in the bench thread.

5e7d3s.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
How is it that your memory is near the 2000MHz region but Precision X shows mine sitting around 4000MHz? I'm obviously reading something wrong here.

Different programs show different multiples - basically it's the lowest value x4 (2000MHZ), yours are both at 8000MHZ effectively.

Associate
Quick question, what's the better card between the MSI Gaming X and the Gigabyte G1? From what I've been reading, the MSI appears to have the better cooling and is quieter.

I haven't had an MSI 1070 but i've had their twin frozr 660 and 970 and can say their cooling is the best i've seen on any card. My 970 OC'd to max would sit around 66c~ under full load with custom fan curve (so high fan speed) yet it was dead silent, they use some very good fans.

Associate
I haven't had an MSI 1070 but i've had their twin frozr 660 and 970 and can say their cooling is the best i've seen on any card. My 970 OC'd to max would sit around 66c~ under full load with custom fan curve (so high fan speed) yet it was dead silent, they use some very good fans.

Yeh I've currently got the MSI 280X and I've had no problems with it, well other than AMD drivers haha. Think I'm set then.

Back
Top Bottom