The Manchester United Club Thread **Sponsored by Comedy Central**

Soldato
Following up on my comment in the weekend football thread... why isn't Schneiderlin getting game time? He's not even getting on the bench - he was pretty decent for Soton, wasn't he? I guess he'll be wanting out soon.

Man of Honour
OP
Following up on my comment in the weekend football thread... why isn't Schneiderlin getting game time? He's not even getting on the bench - he was pretty decent for Soton, wasn't he? I guess he'll be wanting out soon.

Can only assume Jose doesn't rate him.

Soldato
Surely against a more physical side he'd be more at home in midfield than Herrera?

I guess he'll use Fellani instead :rolleyes:

Soldato
Needs to kiss and make up with Schweini

No he doesn't.

Schweinsteiger was a great player but last season he made Rooney look like the winner of "The Biggest Loser". You can't switch to a more physically demanding league and carry the weight he was carrying.

United dont lack midfield options at all, they lack a pecking order and a blend. If and when they get that right they will be a massive force.

Soldato
JM needs to move to a 4 - 3 - 3 formation 1st and foremost for EPL games at the very least and then the current Utd squad has a fantastic XI with decent options depending on fitness , bans etc

Permabanned
Mourinho update on Mkhitaryan

http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-F...te-on-Henrikh-Mkhitaryan-and-his-availability
Jose Mourinho has suggested Henrikh Mkhitaryan needs time to adapt to English football, but the Manchester United manager has backed his signing to become a "top player" for the Reds.

The Armenian has not featured since the Manchester derby in the Premier League on 10 September and that is partly due to him suffering an injury just prior to the recent international break in October.

Mourinho confirmed during Friday’s press conference at the Aon Training Complex that Mkhitaryan is no longer injured, telling reporters that he is working hard on his fitness behind the scenes.

"He is not injured," the manager said. "Sometimes I confuse the word 'fit' in the English language. Sometimes you can say that it is 'not injured', but you could also say that you are in great condition and ready to compete. That is different for me as we use different words in Portuguese for the different situations. Mkhitaryan is not injured, he is training with the team 100 per cent.

Asked if it takes some players longer to adapt to the English game, Mourinho continued: "I think so, yes. Some players find it very easy whereas others need more time. They need time to feel the intensity, the aggression, the game without the ball and the competitiveness.

"The realities are often different, particularly in terms of the competitiveness. It doesn't matter who you are against, you have to play at the highest level otherwise you will not be able to do it. Micki needs time to become the top player he knows he can be."

Mourinho expressed his confidence in Mkhitaryan when expanding on the topic that dominated Friday’s press conference, pointing to two of his former players at Chelsea and Real Madrid who required time blossom in their new surroundings. "I think Micki will work here for sure," he said.

"I don't like to speak about players from other clubs because I don't want to be misinterpreted, but I don't think he'll mind. A player who had a problem to play when he first arrived was Willian. He went through a process and then, after a few months, he became a top player. Then, when we won the championship, he was phenomenal and still is. That is just an example.

"Similarly, Di Maria had to learn a lot about his game when he came into Madrid from Portugal. Sometimes this is what happens. It happens with defenders, but it is often easier for them to adapt than attackers. Some go straight to success and others it takes more time.

"In Micki's case the process was interrupted by injury, which does not help the process of evolution. Being out for a month meant he has had to go through the process of getting match-fit, then once he has that he needs the competitive level to do it. We believe him and, sooner or later, there will be no problem."

Caporegime
I think Mkhitaryan is a quality player. I'm not sure I buy that excuse, I would love to see him play more for Manchester United, and them to finally play a system that suits them (4-3-3, specifically 4-1-2-2-1).

Don
You never learn. I'm closing this until MOTD has been shown. If people continue to post spoilers in this thread or break other club thread rules it will be closed permanently.

Soldato
Probably just to get fit for moving on. It wouldn't be the worst thing in the world to rotate him and Carrick though.

as a 4-3 3 (with Herrera and Pogba ahead) or instead of one of those?

Utd did make it easier on Heaton by not shooting into the corners / insides of the posts - every shot map Ive seen from Sat seems to indicate everything went to the middle 2/3's of the goal , which obviously makes it easier to save to start with.

The one thing I found really infuriating is the poor quality of the subs. Martial had a knock, but after a few weeks in the EPL a lot of players are still playing with knocks so that seems like a poor excuse to leave him out, and as for Mhki not being selected again is just infuriating.

He may have had a good game according to the stats but Im still not convinced by Mata in the No 10 position - who wouldnt prefer Coutinho, Hazard, KDB just to name three who would do a better job in the same position (and they are all a lot younger and less experienced as well). Im not suggesting it was just his fault, it clearly wasnt (just highlighted the poor bench selection) but it really doesnt help matters.

Back
Top Bottom