The Manchester United Club Thread **Sponsored by Comedy Central**

Look at animals like dogs for example. I know this may sound like a weird analogy but hear me out. When you work together as a group you learn faster and quicker because you bounce ideas and solutions off each other. Dogs who are brought up in packs learn to potty train and use skills that would normally take longer being single. Working from home is basically the same.
Good grief

My 2p:

We're deluded if we think the club is anything but an average club in terms of players, management, and assets (the stadium), they just to happen to be very lucky to have a history and brand and are living off this.

There is no guarantee that INEOS are going to make the right decisions, in fact, we can be sure that they will make plenty of mistakes along the way. Look at what's going on at Chelsea...

The way they're treating the back room staff doesn't seem great to me, I'd hazard a guess that the entire staff's wages for the year are probably less than one month of Rashford's wages.

The new people they've brought in, one missed the Tonali situation, even though it was apparently known before Newcastle bought him? The other is ex-City so has surely been heavily involved with the FFP scandal.

Also, there's no guaranatee that all these new people are going to be a success, even if they are, it's going to be YEARS before the club are "back where they belong" although they belong firmly where they are, in my opinion.

All the focus is on the manager currently, people seem to forget that the manager isn't on the pitch. Under Ole the players were playing as if there was no plan at times, remember "Ole's at the wheel"? Same under RR also. So many managers have come and gone, yet we're stuck with the same players and will be for the forseeable (yes, I know we bought more since Ole, but we clearly didn't buy well). ETH is an easy scapegoat, not that is isn't at fault to some degree.

Rashford needs to go but we're stuck with him
Sancho needs to go
Antony not good enough, needs to go but we're stuck with him
Shaw injury prone, needs to go
Maguire not good enough, needs to go but we're stuck with him
Mount, why did we buy him again, needs to go but we're stuck with him
Eriksen legs gone, needs to go
Casemiro not sure what's going on with him, needs to go
Onana - apparently not as bad as people think? Stats save him? I still think he needs to go
Greenwood, surely won't play for United again?
VdB? Who?
Amrabat, turned up for one game, absolute liability in others.

Nothing will change until the above are shipped.

Last edited:
This is definitely Adams seagulls and the trawler moment. Keep reading it back in a French accent.
When zee dogs learn to potty train togezzer, zey learn moosh quicker zan when zey are singal.

Seems like I triggered a load of WFH people but if you cannot see the point I was trying to make then meh.

Ironically the point Cantona was making at the time was genius.

Last edited:
Seems like I triggered a load of WFH people but if you cannot see the point I was trying to make then meh.

Ironically the point Cantona was making at the time was genius.
I work from home mostly as I work for myself, although I work from clients sites a day or two per week. I agree with you, I do the absolute bare minimum I can get away with. Not really the same though. Bit like you and Cantona. :D

no sorry, no one needs to 'respect' an opinion that is demonstrably incorrect. all the evidence points to people being more productive when they WFH.

What evidence?

There is nothing categorically that points either way. You can post "evidence" that proves your point and I can post "evidence" that proves otherwise. Just because "you" say it is incorrect doesn't really make it so does it.

What evidence?

There is nothing categorically that points either way. You can post "evidence" that proves your point and I can post "evidence" that proves otherwise. Just because "you" say it is incorrect doesn't really make it so does it.

Are you really asking people for evidence after posting this...

Look at animals like dogs for example. I know this may sound like a weird analogy but hear me out. When you work together as a group you learn faster and quicker because you bounce ideas and solutions off each other. Dogs who are brought up in packs learn to potty train and use skills that would normally take longer being single. Working from home is basically the same.

no sorry, no one needs to 'respect' an opinion that is demonstrably incorrect. all the evidence points to people being more productive when they WFH.
As a manager of a team who started working from home after covid I can safely say that not everyone is more productive in a WFH setup, the majority were less productive. It suits certain roles better than others too and shouldn't just be expected.

As a manager of a team who started working from home after covid I can safely say that not everyone is more productive in a WFH setup, the majority were less productive. It suits certain roles better than others too and shouldn't just be expected.
oh absolutely but generally speaking it's proven to be more productive for those who's role suits WFH.

edit: it also obviously depends on the individuals involved too - and on that note, i think i'm due my mid morning nap! :p :cry:

Last edited:
Coming back to the Man Utd element, Ratcliffe is likely doing this to try and reduce staff numbers in general. I imagine a significant number of employees may have changed living arrangements based around WFH, so can't just pop back into the office - offices which are not currently fit for purpose due to a lack of capacity, by the way.

It was reported a few months ago that they were looking at massively cutting back the amount of staff the club have, this is just part of that.

Coming back to the Man Utd element, Ratcliffe is likely doing this to try and reduce staff numbers in general. I imagine a significant number of employees may have changed living arrangements based around WFH, so can't just pop back into the office - offices which are not currently fit for purpose due to a lack of capacity, by the way.

It was reported a few months ago that they were looking at massively cutting back the amount of staff the club have, this is just part of that.
They should put all the players at risk also.

yea, it's quite obvious this is a ham fisted attempt to reduce staffing numbers on the non playing side. poor form how they're going about it, imo.

Back
Top Bottom