What film did you watch last night?

Associate
ARQ.
Wasn't to keen on the ending, but was an okay film, shame there wasn't a better conclusion. 5/10.

Capsule.
I forced myself to 30 minutes in watching the same bloke with terrible acting being called Guy every 5 seconds, I'd been wanting to turn it off for the last 20 minutes so I done well getting that far.

Not knowing, and not caring how it ended I can only rate on what I saw, maybe it got better, but for me 2/10.

Soldato
Captain Fantastic - 6/10. Couldn't quite make it to the end so my rating may be a bit off. The dysfunctional family theme has been done so much better in my opinion.

Hunt for the Wilderpeople - another 6/10, although I made it through to the end. Not enough made of the theme in my opinion, and Sam Neil wasn't the right casting choice for me.

Man of Honour
Tummy's guide to starting an argument in his film lecture.

'Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull (Spielberg, 2008) is 'better ' than Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom (Spielberg, 1984)..'

<Insert Joker 'here we go' picture from The Dark Knight (Nolan, 2008) here>

I just jumped down a flight of stairs in anger and broke my legs - ffs.

Associate
The Infiltrator

Was ok. Cranston and Leguizamo were both excellent. I thought I'd watch this to fill the Narco void, shame it wasn't as entertaining. I found it to be a little dull which is a shame as I had high hopes. Diane Kruger is rather nice too!

6/10

Soldato
The Infiltrator - 5/10 - Well in an almost copy/paste of Punts post I also did the same to feed my post-Narcos habit :D yet found the film to be a bit under-whelming considering the subject material. I mean it was well acted and shot but the script lacked a lot of punch for me.

Associate
Ice Age: Collision Course

Just finished this with my 7yo daughter. The first Ice Age was good but they've been getting progressivly worse with each movie. There were a few small laughs and I enjoyed the Neil deGrasse Tyson bits. Even the Scrat sections were a bit poor and they're usually my favouite bits.

3/10 base score eleveted to 5/10 since I love watching movies with my girls so the experience was also elevated.

Caporegime
It certainly is. Mind you, I think Temple is rubbish with the exception of the last half hour.

Temple is adequate

Skull is unnecessary:p

I just jumped down a flight of stairs in anger and broke my legs - ffs.

For what it is worth, I think that Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull (Spielberg, 2008) is fun in places, but poor overall, bordering on bad at times. However, Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom (Spielberg, 1984) is poorer and once again, fun in places.

It is very amusing dropping this question in a film seminar :D.

Soldato
Train to Busan - 8.5/10

Brilliant, best zombie movie I've seen in ages

The Siege of Jadotville - 7/10

Not as good as Kajaki or 13 hours, but a decent enough film based on the true story of a UN peacekeeper mission in the Congo in the 60's

Soldato
The Butterfly Effect (Directors cut) (8/10)

Always have liked this film, one that a watch every year or so.

The alternate ending is a bit Marmite but I don't mind it at all.

Associate
Independence Day: Resurgence

I found this to be an ok switch your brain off movie. I don't think it was as bad as a lot of people made out. It wasn't a good movie and not as good as the original but in my opinion, it was ok.

6/10

Soldato
Two starring Jesse Eisenberg for me:-

The Squid and the Whale - wow, Jeff Bridges plays an amazingly bigoted and opinionated writer while Jesse Eisenberg is a chip off the old block as his son both as part of a family during the break up of the marriage. The younger son has more issues and the film feels messy but somehow true at the same time. 3/5

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice - this was a lot better than I thought it would be after all of the attacks it has received, Ben Affleck was solid as Batman, the DC films are not as good as the Marvel ones but they are certainly not the dross some people are making them out to be. Although watching it with my two sons may have given it a bit more of an edge as they love superhero films. 3/5

Back
Top Bottom