Titanfall 2

Soldato
Right played for a couple of hours now so my thoughts.

It's optimised well enough, more than well enough but its far from perfect. I get better or equal frames in BF1 and that looks much better and has far more going on. That said around late 70s to the locked 100 isn't exactly shabby.

It feels like the first but with a few more weapons and a few more Titans (still not loads though but that's not an issue for me), visually it doesn't seem a huge step up but it's not the type of game you get to notice the environment etc due to the pace... Map wise they have gone for a COD style 3 lane approach.

It's quick and took me a few games get up to speed, i'm still not utilising the movement as much as I should but that will come, wall running, sliding, grapple hooks etc... all manic and all fun.

Only played Amped whatever game mode it's called, you capture the zone then if you stay there for another 30 secs you amp it up that double the points gain, if you leave it slowly trickles down back to a normal capture, kinda like this.

All in all its fun its fast and longevity wise? I don't really care as long as I get my fun out of it up to the New Year. With this BF1 and COD all paid for I wont be short of shooters to keep me mindlessly running around.

Oh and I think a team on comms would wreck in this.

Last edited:
Soldato
Only played a hour or so of the campaign but liking it so far. Runs very well at 3440x1440 with my 1080 and is actually using ALL of the memory with textures on Insane :)

Soldato
Campaign is really well paced

First mp match was a mess but then i did hardpoint and had a much better time as i focused on an onjective! The amp thing is a nice twist on that mode, gives you incentive to defend

Associate
So what's the deal with cheaters? I mean every BF1 match I play 5 people are being banned by their detection system and yet I haven't seen a single person banned in all the TF2 games I've played... Do they do it preemptively behind the scenes or something?

Caporegime
So what's the deal with cheaters? I mean every BF1 match I play 5 people are being banned by their detection system and yet I haven't seen a single person banned in all the TF2 games I've played... Do they do it preemptively behind the scenes or something?

The BF1 cheat detection in game is a feed throughout the whole player base, not just your game.

Associate
Just finished the campaign and I really enjoyed it wish it was a little longer but it was good anyhow I would give the SP a 7/10 if you going to play it on hard not normal

Back
Top Bottom