Titanfall 2

Permabanned
Incredible.

The original is still my favourite shooter of all time and the fevered expectation I had for this was like nothing I'd ever known for a game.

Was up playing until 04:00 last night and I can't quite believe what the team at Respawn have managed to achieve. The sense of speed is nothing short of exceptional and that true sense of purpose you have as a player that's SO lacking in games like CoD and BF is astounding.

I was so disheartened following the mostly negative reviews of the beta but now...

There's a couple of balance issues that need to be addressed in regards to the Titans specifically. But other then that I honestly have no complaints. Runs superbly well on my system to.

Soldato
More tempted by this than BF1 which looks great but after BF:BC2 the entire series has been boring for someone who more often than not plays alone.

How is the singleplayer aspect of the game? I appreciate it's primarily multiplayer, but I do like a good singleplayer experience before I delve into the other side of things.

Soldato
More tempted by this than BF1 which looks great but after BF:BC2 the entire series has been boring for someone who more often than not plays alone.

How is the singleplayer aspect of the game? I appreciate it's primarily multiplayer, but I do like a good singleplayer experience before I delve into the other side of things.
Literally got past the training and in to the first mission but hear nothing but praise

Never gets boring, pacing is amazing and they switch things up ebough that you dont get bored

Story is apparently so so but the gameplay is key here

About 4-5 hrs long apparently

Permabanned

It's just speculation at this stage. As there's no season pass and all future MP content will be free, people are wondering how Respawn will fund said future content. I don't think it's the worst idea personally. People complained that the last game lacked longevity due to a split player base. Now there's no pay wall causing that divide via monetising future content, they need get that cash somehow.

Soldato
It's just speculation at this stage. As there's no season pass and all future MP content will be free, people are wondering how Respawn will fund said future content. I don't think it's the worst idea personally. People complained that the last game lacked longevity due to a split player base. Now there's no pay wall causing that divide via monetising future content, they need get that cash somehow.

By adding a monthly sub? I imagine that would equally split the player base

Other games do it with lootboxes for cosmetic items i dont know if titanfall has that stuff?

Or maybe EA is just funding it as a whole package and they roll it out as a normal dlc idea but "free"

I imagine they will make enough money out of bf1 content, packs and passes.

But then, they are evil :D

Last edited:
Soldato
We should make an ocuk network (clan) as you can set a happy hour wherein during that hour everyday the clan members get double exp. Such a good idea, not seen that before?

Permabanned
By adding a monthly sub? I imagine that would equally split the player base

Other games do it with lootboxes for cosmetic items i dont know if titanfall has that stuff?

Or maybe EA is just funding it as a whole package and they roll it out as a normal dlc idea but "free"

I imagine they will make enough money out of bf1 content, packs and passes.

But then, they are evil :D

They're not so bad anymore tbh. Well, they're not the EA of old at least. They're output has been fairly solid these past few years and EA access is fantastic as far as I'm concerned.

Soldato
They're not so bad anymore tbh. Well, they're not the EA of old at least. They're output has been fairly solid these past few years and EA access is fantastic as far as I'm concerned.

I agree though many argue that access could be the death to gaming as we know it lol. Haters gunna hate. Its good value especially if you dont own the games already

Soldato
To achieve borderless window as there isnt an actual option for it, set the games launch options as follows in origin

-noborder -window

Source, some chump on reddit

Associate
I didn't like the bots idea on the first one and was hoping that player count would be raised and they got rid of the bots for this one,ahhhh well...may pick it up in the future when its cheaper

Soldato
I didn't like the bots idea on the first one and was hoping that player count would be raised and they got rid of the bots for this one,ahhhh well...may pick it up in the future when its cheaper

Thats fair, though i think more actual players on these sort of maps would just unbalance the flow of the game. Its been tightly designed with the player count in mind. But i see what you are saying, it could have been designed around more players etc. I suppose thats what seperates this from bf1 1 week apart

Permabanned
Thats fair, though i think more actual players on these sort of maps would just unbalance the flow of the game. Its been tightly designed with the player count in mind. But i see what you are saying, it could have been designed around more players etc. I suppose thats what seperates this from bf1 1 week apart

I disagree. I think if the designers of all people decide that more then 6 player would make it far too hectic, who are we to argue?

Soldato
I disagree. I think if the designers of all people decide that more then 6 player would make it far too hectic, who are we to argue?

No i agree, they have made it this was as its clearly how it works best. I was trying to say if they thiught it would be better bigger, they would design it to be so

So excited to play later

Hope the microtransaction cosmetic items arent too tacky etc, i wish we had an option in the menu to just show stock or normal stuff then on each players screen if they want to see all the cosmetic upgrades they can, or if they want to ignore it all together they can

Meh minor gripe doesnt matter tbh

Soldato
Indeed, so long as it stays cosmetic I have no complaints.

Yea! I dont want to see titans with pumpkins on there heads of father christmas hats etc. Paint jobs etc i dont mind i suppose but i dont like it when it ruins the feel of it

Overwatch is fine as that is quite crazy and cartoony looking

Permabanned
Eurogamer said it was the best Single player campaign since modern warfare 2.

High praise indeed.

For an FPS? I guess that wouldn't be too outlandish a statement. The quality of the FPS campaign has been nothing if not severely lacking the last 5 years. Wolfenstein had an adequate story I suppose. Halo perhaps, if you like utter nonsensical drivvle... ;P

Back
Top Bottom