PlayStation 4 Pro in-bound

Associate
This is less than 2 weeks away. Who is excited :D
Thinking about what game will show this off we'll at launch. I will borrow UC4 that's for sure.

Yep, I am for sure. Never bought a PS4 before so getting the Pro now is a no brainier as I also have a 4K TV. I've been buying all the exclusives 2nd hand in preparation. Also tried the PSVR on a friends PS4 yesterday and was totally sold on it so if the Pro can improve on that then I'll definitely be getting that too!

Soldato
Yep, I am for sure. Never bought a PS4 before so getting the Pro now is a no brainier as I also have a 4K TV. I've been buying all the exclusives 2nd hand in preparation. Also tried the PSVR on a friends PS4 yesterday and was totally sold on it so if the Pro can improve on that then I'll definitely be getting that too!

Yeh I had one but traded it in for quite a bit so I'm happy.
Not sold in PSVR though, only tried it for 10 mins though.
I reckon I will play the exclusives and trade this in for a Scorpio next year. Then get a PC based VR system later.

Caporegime
Yeah, looking forward to it too. I sit about 3 foot away from a 48inch screen so should clearly see the 4K benefits.

What I can't wait to see is how many of the people who are rubbishing it and saying it's a waste of money will actually cave when it's out and available. :p

Soldato
And then what happens to the PS4 exclusives after you trade in for a Scorpio? Why don't you just have both?

I can't really justify it. Before I traded in the last one it just sat there in the man cave unused as I gamed mostly on PC and Xbone (my mates have Xboxes). This time I want to focus on the exclusives I really want to play then get some value back from it (via trade in or sale).
I also want a Switch at some point so again something has to go otherwise they will be underused. In the long term, the Switch will be more useful to me as a handheld machine / screen to game on and the wife could make use of it too.

Yeah, looking forward to it too. I sit about 3 foot away from a 48inch screen so should clearly see the 4K benefits.

What I can't wait to see is how many of the people who are rubbishing it and saying it's a waste of money will actually cave when it's out and available. :p

Yeh this will be in the man cave on a 43" from 3 feet. I'm not sure that many will upgrade initially but I think despite what Sony say we will start to see some games that work so much better on the pro and force users to upgrade.

Last edited:
Soldato
So what is everyones Upgrade plan?

I'm planning on backing up my current 2TB to a 2TB external, swapping the drive after I've made sure it all works and restoring via USB. Currently have around 1.3TB of data on my current PS4.

I'll do the back up the day before, should give me some indication of how long its going to take to restore. I would have liked to do the transfer over the network. I still might yet. I think this HDD is failing. So could be time to buy another one. I hear a few squeaks from it now and then.

Caporegime
I'm going to just put my 2TB drive from current PS4 into Pro and let it get wiped. My saves are on a USB stick and I'll redownload the games as I need them. Then the original PS4 500GB HDD will get put back and be kept as a backup machine and the 1TB from the Pro will get put into my PS3.

Soldato

I'm planning on backing up my current 2TB to a 2TB external, swapping the drive after I've made sure it all works and restoring via USB. Currently have around 1.3TB of data on my current PS4.

I'll do the back up the day before, should give me some indication of how long its going to take to restore. I would have liked to do the transfer over the network. I still might yet. I think this HDD is failing. So could be time to buy another one. I hear a few squeaks from it now and then.

I was going to grab another 1TB Hybrid drive and pop it straight into the Pro but due to the expense involved I'm just going to swap drives around.

I thought there may have been a PS4 to PS4 Pro ethernet style transfer process but I'm going to take the 1TB out of the Pro, put it in a caddy then backup my PS4 up to it then transfer the hybrid drive from my PS4 to the Pro and then restore.

Soldato

None, Im keeping my launch PS4 and most of the important games I play are on retail disc. Anything else I redownload to the Pro.

Associate
Not really got a lot saved on my PS4 so will pretty much just start from scratch I think. Will be interesting to see what TLOU and Uncharted 4 look like. Not sure if I should get watch dogs on this or the PC. Was very disappointed in the first game

Associate
DONT FORGET TO DEACTIVATE YOUR ACCOUNT BEFORE SELLING THE OLD PS4 :D

Just a little warning as my brother sold his last week and forgot so had to reset on PlayStation site and only allowed to do it once every 6 months

Back
Top Bottom