PlayStation 4 Pro in-bound

Soldato
Folded and grabbed a 1TB Firecuda. Don't need 2TB. 1TB just forces me to complete and delete games. Seems like the sweet spot for me.

Will keep my current launch SSHD 1TB PS4 for man den bravo upstairs. Will get the Mrs. on that!

Last edited:
Soldato
any open world game is cpu intensive/bottle necked

large scale shooters like battlefield might also be fairly cpu dependent but i haven't really played one in a while.

I think games that are lazily programmed rely too heavily on CPU, the Metro series is a perfect example, terrible coding.

Yes CPU is important, especially for multi-tasking (like playing Netflix the same time as a game is minimised, and you processing a youtube at the same time too). Memory is obviously required for multi-tasking, not the speed as such the amount.

So it all boils down to the fact if the developers take advantage of the Pro, or just keep churning out lazy ports that PC gamers have been putting up with for years now.

Associate
I think games that are lazily programmed rely too heavily on CPU, the Metro series is a perfect example, terrible coding.

Yes CPU is important, especially for multi-tasking (like playing Netflix the same time as a game is minimised, and you processing a youtube at the same time too). Memory is obviously required for multi-tasking, not the speed as such the amount.

So it all boils down to the fact if the developers take advantage of the Pro, or just keep churning out lazy ports that PC gamers have been putting up with for years now.
I dont think you understand what a cpu is doing. Say you are playing gta or assasins creed, its the cpu running the ai of all the people you see, running the physics behind all the explosions that send car parts flying etc all in a large area in often unseen by the plyer it has nothing to do with lazy ports or devs. The more on the screen the more the cpu is being stressed, if metro had areas as large with 100's of people running and driving about it would run like crap. Its why even games like wow on pc still absolutely batter cpus

Soldato

Yup, Fallout 4 is a joke at times with poor optimization and coding with terrible lag/huge frame drops. I have been wondering if the Pro will help out with that.

Soldato
I dont think you understand what a cpu is doing. Say you are playing gta or assasins creed, its the cpu running the ai of all the people you see, running the physics behind all the explosions that send car parts flying etc all in a large area in often unseen by the plyer it has nothing to do with lazy ports or devs. The more on the screen the more the cpu is being stressed, if metro had areas as large with 100's of people running and driving about it would run like crap. Its why even games like wow on pc still absolutely batter cpus

Yep there's a ton of stuff going on that you can't see in open world games that stresses the CPU. You can't just have the whole world loaded, it's constantly being streamed in and out to populate the world around you. Plus the layers of gameplay systems....

Soldato
Yup, Fallout 4 is a joke at times with poor optimization and coding with terrible lag/huge frame drops. I have been wondering if the Pro will help out with that.

What they need to do with Fallout 4 for the PS4 is introduce the MODS options, like they said they would. Let the community show the developers how to do a game right.

I haven't a copy for the PS4, so I'm assuming the MODS option isn't available?

Associate
Should I get a Pro or not? can't decide.

I've got a Panasonic 65TX902B, so HDR10 and all that.

I suppose I should in a way to help get best out of TV for gaming, but I think I may sit on fence for a little while......thoughts?

Soldato
Should I get a Pro or not? can't decide.

I've got a Panasonic 65TX902B, so HDR10 and all that.

I suppose I should in a way to help get best out of TV for gaming, but I think I may sit on fence for a little while......thoughts?

I bought a 4k tv in april and got my PS4 at the same time. I find that i prefer playing on PS4 to PC now so I think my pc gaming days are over except for RTS/Sim games. I have just pre ordered the pro after resisting for a few weeks. I just really want to get some 4k usage out of my TV. I mean, 1080p looks great on it but I want to see what it's really capable of. :)

Back
Top Bottom