The "New Gear/Willy Waving" thread

Soldato
Problem is I am coming from MFT and the f1.7 35mm equiv on there is tiny and weighs 87g.

Will double check Sony again but when i was looking last night, there are very few specific lense for that specific camera body, they are just using lens for other sensor sizes or relying on adaptors and using other manufacturers.

I would be struggling to replace my existing lenses like for like plus they would be much much more expensive, larger and heavier.

You cant beat physics. If you want one of the best IQ sensors in terms of Dynamic range, ISO and bokeh, you need to go full frame!

Kei

Kei

Soldato
Was given a 75mm f4.5 shift lens for my mamiya RZ today. All I can say is good god it's heavy and it isn't big it's downright massive. The tiny lens on the right is a nikon 28mm f2 for comparison. The front element on the nikon is 52mm and the 127mm f3.5 on the left is a 77mm, this 75mm shift lens is a whopping 105mm.

Soldato
Had a bit of a clear out. Sold my 10-22, 50 1.8 and all of my Micro Four Thirds gear and used the money to buy a 16-35 F4 IS L.

Three Ls in the family now for use with my 5d ii and still have my 7d and Sigma 120-300 f2.8 for motorsport.

20161123_181327.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Like most high street retailers prices can blow hot & cold, that lens I bought is £600 new so £200 off with 12 months warranty is a good deal for me as far as I'm concerned.

With purchases I always try and buy from an independent high street retailer first as they are a dying breed and need all the support they can get, Harrison's are a brilliant shop as well with excellent staff so when if price is right I'm happy to give them some business.

Back
Top Bottom