***The Official OcUK Lego Thread***

Associate
So just finished box 1 of the Porsche, The complexity of it is pretty impressive!

31169708723_ff8a81c9e7_c.jpg

However I'm left with these pieces left over which is slightly worrying! :eek:

31978815445_5e53237788_c.jpg

Associate
Well colour me impressed. Ordered on AliExpress at 11.30am on Xmas day and it's just been delivered by DHL. All the way from China.

I'm almost scared to open it....

leper.jpg

Soldato
So I've been playing Lego Dimensions with my son today and I'm seriously impressed with it.
For those that don't know what it is - you build Lego characters & vehicles which you can then play with in the game, by placing them on the Dimension Portal. The amination of the characters is awesome and there are loads of themed worlds to explore. You can also upgrade the vehicles using the Lego studs collected in game, which triggers a new/upgraded Lego build.

These are the sets he got for Christmas but I sense there will be more coming soon.

31177466823_610f0526c6_b.jpg

Soldato
Done some more on the excavator today. Stages 3 & 4 have taken around 4hrs but im not exactly rushing. The level of detail and design is brilliant with this kit. Stage 4 has been the guts of the gearing for the power functions. Really happy with the results so far. I have posted pics below. I put them in spoiler tags as I know there is another guy also building this kit so dont want to ruin it too much :)

Stage 1 & 2 finished, tons of bags to go!

Making the tracks

Tracks done and fitted

Just started stage 4 - damn thats a lot of lego for 1 stage!

Part way through stage 4

Bit more of stage 4

And some more.......

Stage 4 finished.

Soldato
So I've been playing Lego Dimensions with my son today and I'm seriously impressed with it.
For those that don't know what it is - you build Lego characters & vehicles which you can then play with in the game, by placing them on the Dimension Portal. The amination of the characters is awesome and there are loads of themed worlds to explore. You can also upgrade the vehicles using the Lego studs collected in game, which triggers a new/upgraded Lego build.

These are the sets he got for Christmas but I sense there will be more coming soon.

Big fan of Dimensions, but be careful with the cost: if you want to unlock everything you'll be needing to buy a lot of packs.

I'd highly recommend the Lego Dimensions tracker spreadsheet:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Legodimensions/wiki/tracker

This helps you keep track of your spend and what abilities you have. Obviously the first priority is what characters and themes your son likes, but this has helped me avoid spending on figures that aren't going to see any use.

Soldato
Thanks for the link :)
I was looking around last night but couldn't find an up-to-date version.

Also, I've already ordered the Jurassic World, A-Team and both Back to the Future packs. The last 3 being for me :p

Associate
Cool, what did you buy?

Planning on buying their Red 5 after I finish the SSD.

How is the SSD build? I just ordered the SSD and UCS Falcon for doing in January.

I have a real Red 5 and Tie Fighter so will compare the quality of the kits against those but took the plunge on the OOP stuff.

Soldato
Back
Top Bottom