***The Official OcUK Lego Thread***

Soldato
Its up. May 15. Rocket looks a bit meh after Saturn V, but the launch pad is 10/10.

10341_Lifestyle1.jpg

Last edited:
Caporegime
As I'm not buying any more lego I have unsubscribed to marketing emails etc.
I should also not visit this thread.

Not looking forward to taking apart and finding pieces missing from the ones im selling

I loved Lego Space as a small child and lost all my old Lego when I lost my parents and moved out. Fast forward 45 years and I bought my grandson some Marvel lego and one Technic set. He wasn't overly interested but it piqued mine.

Here's his model I built for him:

gRDmy3U.png

Then I caught the bug and bought a couple more for me.

04mqSso.jpeg

ROe5f7T.jpeg

I might waste a few more quid on some more at some point.

Reactions: JRS

mjt

mjt

Soldato
What's the best way of cleaning old Lego bricks in bulk? My kids need some more stock and my old Lego has been collecting dust for the last 25 years my parents' loft.
Lots of Lego in uncovered boxes, open to the dust and spiders.

When I bought a massive load of Duplo years ago, I just dumped it all in a bathtub and washed it by hand. I can't see this being efficient or possible with tiny studs... Ideas?

Caporegime
Got a few UCS sets I need to dismantle and box up back in their original boxes to either sell or store long term - any recommendations on storage bags ? been looking at poly bags, freezer bags etc anyone have any other ideas ? ta

I got some from Aldi. I'm 2 years into a project of sorting my sons lego out. All the broken down kits where put into separate colour tubs. I've been going through the inventory on 150+ sets, trying to do 1 or 2 per week for just over 2 years. I'm now going to start putting them into ziploc backs for storage. After I've sorted the kits out I've had people from work build and check for missing parts :D

I also bought him a lot of single figures from ebay and I had no idea where they came from so I requested my full ebay purchase history from 2009. All I have to do now is sort out the mini figures left over after sorting out kits. Some of the single clone troopers he has are worth well over £100 each if we sold them! I have a list of parts that got lost but it's surprsingly small for 150+ sets that my son played with. My wife will be over the moon to get this pile of lego out of the spare room!

It's a huge regret the amount of this clutter I bought, I haven't lost anything but it was massively OTT for a kids phase that lasted about 7 or so years!

The absolute worst was when looking through my ebay history, I was buying up so many kits I've only just realised one I ordered in 2014 never actually came!

Last edited:
Associate
Jeez serious dedication there.

Thanks I went with some resealable ones from amazon. Work well although ive broken two outer pieces of the slave UCS set so that set will now be donated to my daughter! :D

Caporegime
We sold some of his Ninjago sets that they no longer make and he made enough to fund most of the cost of his first gaming PC. Some of them made 5 times what I paid for them! The Star Wars, Marvel and Castle stuff won't be getting sold. I regret selling all mine and he can make that choice when and if he has children of his own. :)

Sorting all this out has put me off lego for probably the rest of my life.

The amount of conversations I've had along the lines of:

Me "I can't find the winter soldiers left arm"

Him "It's on Princess Leia"

Me "So where's Leias arm?"

Him "It's on Mary Jane with venoms head"

Me "So where is MJ's arm"

Him "I dunno"

Soldato
more of a lurker only here..

been to visit my dad the other day and they still have this hidden under the bed...
AHye4H9.jpeg

XNEGjZT.jpeg

24G93tU.jpeg

there is this big lego figure there, i think it was a skiier , with helicpter ? cant remember...
and some smaller space lego ;)
not sure if to keep it or give it away/sell
thats lego from 80s

Soldato
Finished up my Tie Interceptor - built it over three afternoons in easy sessions.

Timelapse video here:

Price wise it's not dissimilar to other Star Wars UCS sets, where you're paying approx. £1 / 10 parts.

The scale is comparable to the X-Wing UCS set.

Soldato
Good to hear it’s the same scale as the X-wing. Mine is still in the box, I’ll open it over the next few weeks I think.

I’ve still got the UCS LAAT gunship to build I got last year!

Soldato
Good to hear it’s the same scale as the X-wing. Mine is still in the box, I’ll open it over the next few weeks I think.

Also got the gunship still in its box - planning to give it to the eldest one for his Christmas pressie. TBH the prequel stuff doesn't grab me the same way as the original trilogy sets.

Soldato

I've got the gunship and despite it being a 'cheap' (by Lego standards) set, it's a bit model. I reckon it's not far of falcon sized, I think it should have come with more minifigs though.

Back
Top Bottom