What have you done to your car today?

Soldato
Had a brand new set of Pilot Sport 4s put on and had some unexpected oversteer in my FN2 yesterday.

Checked pressures today... all between 37-40.... Rather than my usual 30 / 32.

Caporegime
Wheel bearing done in the Skoda, and an MOT which it passed with an advisory for a chip on the windscreen and some of the bulbs in the high-level not working.

Ready to sell now. Its like a new car without the bearing noise. For what it cost I should have done it ages ago!

Caporegime
Err. The aux belt snapped on the Skoda on the way to work and now I'm back home again. Collecting a new aux belt in a minute... :p

I think the freewheel clutch on the alternator has done the same thing as last time to the belt... :o

Better sort that out too then. Bah. Everyone at work thinks I'm bunking off because they know I have other cars, and to them the fact that I don't have commuting cover on the other cars is somehow a poor excuse. :confused:

Sods law etc. If someone hits me on the way in I bet my colleagues won't offer to pay and fix the resulting mess!

Soldato
Err. The aux belt snapped on the Skoda on the way to work and now I'm back home again. Collecting a new aux belt in a minute... :p

I think the freewheel clutch on the alternator has done the same thing as last time to the belt... :o

Better sort that out too then. Bah. Everyone at work thinks I'm bunking off because they know I have other cars, and to them the fact that I don't have commuting cover on the other cars is somehow a poor excuse. :confused:

Sods law etc. If someone hits me on the way in I bet my colleagues won't offer to pay and fix the resulting mess!
Ouch! When are you going to start dailying the 5?

Caporegime
I couldn't get insured for commuting on the BMW. And I never thought about it for the MX5.

Bimma is on its own modified classic policy.

If I tried to get a bus or a train I might arrive before the end of the day if I'm lucky. A taxi ride to where I work would probably cost more than I earn in a day. Plus I work for an IT company so I can just as easily work from home. Commuting is pretty pointless tbh. :p

Last edited:
Soldato
As suspected, my issue was again the bulb was at fault.

Like the others that have failed before it, the centre bulbous bit has gone very, very cloudy (as per below), whereas in the new bulb the bulbous bit is completely clear apart from one side of it which has some very slightly residue in it (as all the new bulbs did).

Failed bulb:

iCat4nKh.png

Back
Top Bottom