New forum! Post bugs & errors in here *CHECK FIRST POST FOR ISSUES FIRST - P.S. THE MM IS OPEN*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Please lose all the social link nonsense plus my username/avatar to the right of this text entry box. I don't need reminding who I am. Also, the whole box contain my username/posts/likes at the bottom needs to go as well.

I'm sure the floating buttons when there isn't much post content has been mentioned numerous times but I'm not reading the whole thread. :p

ZXPMr0y.png

Soldato
Is there some setting I need to alter to start receiving e-mail alerts again for postings in threads i am watching? Since the new look forum was made live I have stopped receiving them.
I checked I have "watch thread" checked, in fact I unchecked it and checked it again later, to see what happened. What I cannot see is an option to receive e-mail alerts though...
Thanks.

I have had email alerts for threads this morning but things had subtly changed so they were not being tagged correctly by my mail filters anymore. You might want to check that if you are doing any auto labeling in GMail etc

Caporegime
I think some people need to get a grip. It hasn't even been active for 12 hours yet and already people are moaning. Give them a chance. Some of the mods were up at 3 and 4am responding to posts and making tweaks. The added functionality is very welcome. Sure there are some things which could be improved but overall I prefer it over the old version. With some further tweaks and zapping the bugs it will be much better.

Man of Honour
I don't like it :( it looks messy and cluttered

I loved the simplicity of the old layout even if it was based on an ancient version of the software, that's part of the charm of this place

Man of Honour
So far so good, though for me I would like an option to show Avatars but not Signatures if at all possible as that just feels righterererer.

Soldato
If people want to share a post - for example the recent great community work for Ryan; perfect for this - if you don't want to use it either adblock the function, or remove it from the css :)
Can't we just have an option to enable/disable social media links in preferences?

Personally it doesn't bother me (I'll never use it), but the fact it goes through a 3rd party (even though fb is already a data harvesting goldmine) is more concerning.

EDIT: All these changes yet the archaic way the forums can only embed images from external URL's, with no quick & easy inline upload (to imgr/other CDN or such) is still pretty 1990's (even if you didn't want the nightmare of hosting them).

EDIT: If you edit a post, the post time/date gets duplicated. Vanishes if you refresh page.
EDIT2: Like this:
forum%20fun.JPG

Fun!

Last edited:
Soldato
It's here!

/edit - Certain things we're aware of which don't need re-reporting.
    1. Users in MM cannot close their own thread
    2. 20 posts per page default
    3. No spoiler button
    4. No edit button for users
    5. "New" tag overlapping original posts. Quotes are fine
    6. The "you've posted" in this thread icon is no longer there
    7. Drop shadow around user avatar box is gash
    8. Swear filter showing BBcode instead of ****
    9. Font colour change icon could do with some colour. Appears to look like the underline tool
    10. Total number of members not comparable to VB?
    11. Font for upper most menu (username etc) is in Times New Roman
    12. Do we need the RTM forum if RTMs are going to "Reports" anyway?
    13. When the notification pops up to tell you that there's a new alert you can't seem to dismiss it? Clicking on the x just takes you to the top of the page where the alerts are located
    14. A few subforums missing; Wanted, Football Stadium and Cycling in sports etc
    15. No usernotes for users
    16. Some usernames are caught in swear filter when quoted
    17. Only Spie showing as Staff member
    18. Vendor rep / OcUK staff title not showing for respective usergroups
    19. "Most likes" is still a section if you go in to "Notable Members"
    20. No collapsible forums
    21. Threads which have triple digit numbers of pages (100+) aren't displaying correctly i.e. without overlapping
    22. Notification that each forum contains new posts is too subtle - needs colour i.e. OcUK logo
    23. Underbosses not showing in the correct usergroup although avatar is correct
    24. White font on white background when adding or editing a "tag" for a thread
    25. PMs and deleting messages for users is turned on by default
    26. Clicking on the latest post takes you to the latest post, rather than the last unread post
    27. Alerts working on quotes, but doesn't appear to be on mentions.
    28. Dividing line between message body and signature is shifted right, not in line with sig.
    29. Black edit/reply boxes really need to have a blue background, they look really badly out of place.
    30. User titles are wrong in "People you follow". For example, Maccy is a Don, shows as Capo
This list is not exhaustive but please, don't keep reporting them, we know!

On 'Personal Details' page, 'Favourite Sport' is a required field.

Associate
I do love all the moaning in here about how OCUK have handled this...

Anyone would have thought they were hosting this community for free and at no charge to its users :rolleyes:

Soldato
I think some people need to get a grip. It hasn't even been active for 12 hours yet and already people are moaning. Give them a chance. Some of the mods were up at 3 and 4am responding to posts and making tweaks. The added functionality is very welcome. Sure there are some things which could be improved but overall I prefer it over the old version. With some further tweaks and zapping the bugs it will be much better.

LIKE ;)

Soldato
cant change my avatar (it was changed for me by someone dno why)
all the status crap is very facebooky
cant see recent posts done by me (most recent is sept 6 last year)
cant say the f word used in Father Ted. Is it always been the case?
smilies exactly the same ....so what was the point of the upgrade then?

jury still out but struggling to see where this is better than the old forum. The adage...if its not broken....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom