US: **The Walking Dead Season 7 - Contains Spoilers - No future content to be discussed **

Soldato
Eugene is a weak survivor. He's loyal to whoever is keeping him alive in that particular moment. He'll stick with Negan for now until something happens to change that. The question will then be how Rick's lot see that. If they view it as him betraying them then he could be in trouble.

In fairness it's what makes the show so watchable. There isn't a character that isn't flawed in someway, it gives the writers opportunities to take the story in different directions at the drop of a hat. We haven't seen or heard much about his back story as some of the other characters, so I wonder if that will unfold a little more as he makes his choice. Definitely a better episode this week.

Soldato
Him being part of the Gnome project was what he'd told Abraham wasn't it? Which of course turned out to be a lie. He's just gone back to that again as it gives him some worth. As has been said, I can see him enjoying his new power (like taking all the crap off that lady) and becoming a valuable part of Negan's team.

Man of Honour
Him being part of the Gnome project was what he'd told Abraham wasn't it? Which of course turned out to be a lie. He's just gone back to that again as it gives him some worth. As has been said, I can see him enjoying his new power (like taking all the crap off that lady) and becoming a valuable part of Negan's team.

I'm in 2 minds as it would in some way ruin a great character but on the other hand Eugene "breaking bad" would make for some amazing TV if done right with him taking down Negan and then bumping heads with Rick (and make a change from a predictable demise for Negan).

Caporegime
Not long to go now until Reedus starts spouting how filming the finale was so hard to do and the speculation builds for the third year on the trot that Daryl is going to die.

Soldato
Not long to go now until Reedus starts spouting how filming the finale was so hard to do and the speculation builds for the third year on the trot that Daryl is going to die.

LOL. I don't think it will happen, they've been there done that. Show made a big deal of killing off key characters, thing is you can't just keep doing it as people just get miffed at you killing off their favourite face. Plus the story lines are quite long and convoluted for some of them, you can't just parachute in a new set of faces at the end of each season (well you could, but people wouldn't watch it for long) I'd sooner keep Eugene and lose Aaron, while Eugene is cowardly and awkward, Aaron is dull as dishwater. Daryl is going to be with us for a while yet, he's such a good character, or at least until the new faces build a decent back story for themselves. That said I think I read Redus has done some "road-trip" type TV, so you never know.

Last edited:

A2Z

A2Z

Soldato
LOL. I don't think it will happen, they've been there done that. Show made a big deal of killing off key characters, thing is you can't just keep doing it as people just get miffed at you killing off their favourite face. Plus the story lines are quite long and convoluted for some of them, you can't just parachute in a new set of faces at the end of each season (well you could, but people wouldn't watch it for long) I'd sooner keep Eugene and lose Aaron, while Eugene is cowardly and awkward, Aaron is dull as dishwater. Daryl is going to be with us for a while yet, he's such a good character, or at least until the new faces build a decent back story for themselves. That said I think I read Redus has done some "road-trip" type TV, so you never know.
I had to google who Aaron was in the show...oh that guy.. didn't even know his name...agreed he could easily be killed off and nobody would even notice/care.

Soldato
I had to google who Aaron was in the show...oh that guy.. didn't even know his name...agreed he could easily be killed off and nobody would even notice/care.

Same here I googled his name because I couldn't remember it either, he's completely lacking in personality. He's like the un-named ensign in StarTrek who goes to look for the monster and all you hear are screams. Surely he has to go soon?

Soldato
Another poor episode, and it does really seem to elaborate the point that any material they have is being spread so thin that it doesnt amount to much.

Billy Ray Cyrus (AKA Eugene), unless they (as someone else mentioned here) Breaking Bad him he seems irrelevant.

From Season 8 onwards then need to look to reducing the amount of episodes they have every season. 8 to 10 seems about right.

After Season 1 its all been downhill IMO, but like a battered housewife I keep going back for me.

Same time.....next week .

Soldato
After Season 1 its all been downhill IMO, but like a battered housewife I keep going back for me.

I don't understand why folk watch it if they don't enjoy it?? While I wouldn't count myself as some nerdy fanboy it's one of the shows I tend not to miss. I don't see how people can expect every single episode to be full-on gore or gunfight week after week. Some of the slower character backstory building episodes have been really good. There is always going to be the odd episode that doesn't appeal to your taste, the recent one where Rick meets the "Scavengers" was about the weakest imo. But on the whole it's good entertainment for a hour a week. I don't get all the hate for Eugene, he's awkward, dysfunctional and cowardly. Josh McDermitt, does a great job of playing him, you're supposed to not like him.

Next week looks like the pace is picking up again..;):)

Back
Top Bottom