US: **The Walking Dead Season 7 - Contains Spoilers - No future content to be discussed **

Caporegime
meh episode...

How many times do we need to see zombies getting their heads hit with sharp objects... And the same tactics being used where they draw them to a fenced of area just so that they can show some more brainless zombie killing.

Guess this just goes to show again that zombies really aren't much of a threat at all now... Pretty sizeable horde at that fairground yet just 2 people cleared it just fine with a katana and hatchet.

Can't help but feel that the Michonne + Rick relationship is being forced down our throats now too.. Perhaps bigging it up only for Negan to kill her possibly?

Oh well, it should at least keep some people in here happy, they finally got some zombie action :p

Hopefully next week returns to the character driven side of things or/and we see **** go down with the women group or we see Rosita + Sasha failing miserably to take out Negan.

Soldato
I quite enjoyed that episode actually, although not quite sure what world the two girls are on thinking they can complete mission began themselves. Seems particularly out of character for Sacha

Soldato
Makes you wonder how such inept **** like that deer actually gets past whomever it is in charge of quality control. Somebody actually looked at that deer and thought it good enough to be broadcast. Shocking!

Caporegime
The bit with Rick throwing the sword to Michonne was utter cringe.

I think it's a waste that they've introduced this other group at the dump when we're already dealing with Negan. Why double up on antagonists?

Soldato
meh episode...

How many times do we need to see zombies getting their heads hit with sharp objects... And the same tactics being used where they draw them to a fenced of area just so that they can show some more brainless zombie killing.

Guess this just goes to show again that zombies really aren't much of a threat at all now... Pretty sizeable horde at that fairground yet just 2 people cleared it just fine with a katana and hatchet.

Can't help but feel that the Michonne + Rick relationship is being forced down our throats now too.. Perhaps bigging it up only for Negan to kill her possibly?

Oh well, it should at least keep some people in here happy, they finally got some zombie action :p

Hopefully next week returns to the character driven side of things or/and we see **** go down with the women group or we see Rosita + Sasha failing miserably to take out Negan.

That's about how I read it. The whole "even if one of us dies we still go on" conversation was a big hint. Though if they keep killing off key characters at this rate the show will just fizzle out due to lack of a contiguous story line. For me at the moment this series has been far less imaginative than the previous 6. Negan is supposed to be the ultimate insurmountable "Baddie" but everything they need to find or do is just falling together A-B-C. Need to find more people! Ah look we've found the scavengers. Need to find weapons, as if by magic a weapons & food cashe appear within a couple of days. At least I think it's days, the time line seems a bit skewed at the moment. We've gone from Negan appearing out of the blue every other day, to him being no where in sight while all this searching and exploring is going on.

Can't say as I'm really fussed over 30 seconds worth of wonky CGI. I found it more unbelievable than a deer would be grazing in a compound full of walkers, than it just being a bit fuzzy round the edges..LOL I also though the whole gung-ho lets kill all the walker at the fair was out of character for Rick. He's normally the one telling people to "Stay safe"

Still hooked though, the promo of next weeks show looks like it's back on the pace.

Last edited:
Soldato
I actually enjoyed this one......dodgy CGI deer aside......yes the action was good. However

1)Junk yard people are annoying. Who the hell talks like that? Sure the world has changed but there is no reason for them to talk like that?
2)Rick and Michonne seemed to be too relaxed taking out about 50 zombies? The whole Rick pausing to count them was too Lord of the Ringsy for me.

I agree it seems to be setting up a Michonne death (I cant ever imagine them killing off Rick).

Soldato
Yeah there was a moment where I thought do they really trust the junkies, I mean they could have just used the guns to kill Rick n co, so maybe they still pose a threat?

Part of why it was a good episode is to see Rick and Michonne "relaxing" after a period of siege. This also fits in with the whole surrender/sacrifice thing I thought, as they've lost so much it's almost as if a part of them has given in.

I'm guessing Tara spilt the beans at the end, regarding jungle group?

Caporegime
it was a okay episode the deer was funny :p it is annoying though as you kinda know what going to happen next but are restrained to wait and have to watch before it gets to that place.

Man of Honour
That's about how I read it. The whole "even if one of us dies we still go on" conversation was a big hint. Though if they keep killing off key characters at this rate the show will just fizzle out due to lack of a contiguous story line.

Yeah if you keep killing them off it (a) loses the impact (b) people don't know what to get attached to in the show and lose interest - dunno why TV shows keep doing it as 99/100 it kills shows off fast.

The CGI oh wow that was tragic that aside one of the best episodes in a long time IMO.

Soldato
Yeah if you keep killing them off it (a) loses the impact (b) people don't know what to get attached to in the show and lose interest - dunno why TV shows keep doing it as 99/100 it kills shows off fast.

The CGI oh wow that was tragic that aside one of the best episodes in a long time IMO.

Yeah, it's all good to have that big moment cliffhanger where you get drawn-in and root for your favourite character at the end of a season showdown. However should they be killed off, that leaves a hole that needs to be filled and you can't just keep parachuting in new characters. For one there's a chance that the audience will feel cheated and also less likely to invest their time following new characters, incase the same happens to them. It's Ok here and there but we've lost a shed load the past season or so. Obviously Glenn & Abraham, but also Olivia, Denise & Spencer who's characters were just building.

I'm sure I've read that Sacha, will be also be leaving shortly to be in the new StarTrek series.

Last edited:
Soldato
I really won't mind if they kill off Sasha, Rosita or Michonne. I've never really rated the Rosita character, Sasha was interesting when Tyreese was around but went off her quickly after that. Michonne used to be one of my favourite characters but she has so radically changed from what she was. She and Rick need to break up (it all seems really forced anyway, I never got any chemistry there) :p On the other hand I really like Eugene. Horses for courses.

Soldato
Same here I like Eugene, he's like a square peg in a round hole most of the time. Be interesting to see whether he's been won over by the dark-side, I hope not. Miichonne has gone the other way for me, I wasn't much for her to begin with but she's grown on me. As you say, horses for courses, though I've always thought Rosita was a bit dull like Spencer.

Soldato
Junk yard people are annoying. Who the hell talks like that? Sure the world has changed but there is no reason for them to talk like that?

this - its really annoying and immersion breaking - human beings don't talk or behave that way, not unless they have some kind of brain damage.

Back
Top Bottom