PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS - Thread

Man of Honour
Im having major issues running this for some reason.

My rig is my signature and I am getting awful performance on 4k with very low settings, I even tried 1440p with low settings and it wont stay at 60fps consistently. :/ Even dropping the resolution scale is glitched.

Am I doing something wrong? Does it need to be in windowed or something?

Hmm, something definitely isnt right there.

I have an i5 , 16gb and an 8gb 1070 and I'm getting decent performance. Initially I played with everything on Ultra but was experiencing some slowdowns so I now play with everything on High (fullscreen) and its fine. I get a patch of slowdowns right at the start of the map just after I have landed but it clears within about 20secs and then everything is fine, very playable. Mind you, I'm playing on 1920x1080 but even so.

Man of Honour
How does this hold up to h1z1?

I couldnt say I'm afraid, I never played H1Z1. Was going to try it but everywhere I read was people saying it was buggy and hadnt really progressed at all. So I waited for Battlegrounds, which may well have turned out to be a good decision as I'm loving it :)

Soldato
It's still beta and not amazingly optimized yet. Even streamers who have PCs worth upwards of £5k are having FPS drops here.

Yeah i know its optimised, but this was almost unplayable :/

Hmm, something definitely isnt right there.

I have an i5 , 16gb and an 8gb 1070 and I'm getting decent performance. Initially I played with everything on Ultra but was experiencing some slowdowns so I now play with everything on High (fullscreen) and its fine. I get a patch of slowdowns right at the start of the map just after I have landed but it clears within about 20secs and then everything is fine, very playable. Mind you, I'm playing on 1920x1080 but even so.

Yeah i thought it wouldnt be right! 2x980ti's struggling with this on very low (i know SLI aint working either) - just baffled me.

I will have a mess around with the settings later to see how i get on.

Soldato
OP
I had to drop down to 1080p to keep Frame rates up. Optimisation is coming soon they said on a stream other day. At the moment we just server testing.

Had a blast on this over the weekend so much so when game is released its replacing CSGO for me.

Associate
really enjoying this game, ive not played a game in a long time that makes me question my gaming style.

@Gamble not sure if any of this helps but found it on another forum i was reading :-

Step 1:

• Check the power settings on your computer so they are set to "high performance" instead of the defaulted "balanced"
  • Go to Nvidia Options in Windows and change the 3D-Settings to Performance
Step 2:

• Right click on the Game in Steam
  • Click on 'Properties'
  • Click on 'Set launch options'
  • Add "-USEALLAVAILABLECORES -malloc=system" to the text box.
  • "-sm4" changes shaders from dx11 to dx10, it does remove some distractive reflections and marks on the screen but puts a weird unplayable glare effect on the x4 scope (DONT USE THIS COMMAND! ONLY AS LAST RESORT!)
  • "-malloc-system" forces windows to handle the memory allocation
Step 3 (Experimental, ignore):

• Open C:\Users\PC NAME\AppData\Local\TslGame\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor
  • Open the "GameUserSettings" file in the "WindowsNoEditor" folder.
  • Change value to "sg.ResolutionQuality" to "sg.ResolutionQuality=70.000000"
  • Change value to "sg.ViewDistanceQuality" to "sg.ViewDistanceQuality=2" (Note: "1" causes a weird texture bug, maybe other values too)
  • These values might reset or won't change anything for you
Step 4:

• Go to ingame settings/graphics
  • Turn up "Brightness" to your preference to see enough in dark corners etc.
  • Change "Anti-Aliasing" to "Very Low" (Note: This game uses "FXAA" or something similar. It doesn't really cost much performance to use "Medium". However everything gets "smoothed" resulting in blurry enemy movement.)
  • Change "Shadow Quality" to "Very Low"
  • Change "Post-Processing Quality" to "Very Low"
  • Change "Texture Quality" to anything (Note: Depends on your graphics card and personal preference. Some pro's say its harder to see an enemy in high quality textures. Check your fps while changing this setting. I would play with "Low" or "Medium")
  • Change "Effects Quality" to "Very Low"
  • Change "Foliage" to "Very Low" (Note: "Very Low" might remove a little bit more grass etc, however it might be harder to see through the remaining ones due to the low quality)
  • Disable "Motion Blur"
  • Reduce your resolution to "1600x900" (Note: Depends heavily on your graphics card. Strong cards won't get a fps increase here)

Soldato
Managed to figure out what was wrong with my gfx settings yesterday - this game has an SLI profile but it is beyond messed up haha which is to be expected.

So ran windowed borderless 4k at medium and got 60-80FPS throughout - was awesome.

Looking forward to the next weekend :)

Man of Honour
Managed to figure out what was wrong with my gfx settings yesterday - this game has an SLI profile but it is beyond messed up haha which is to be expected.

So ran windowed borderless 4k at medium and got 60-80FPS throughout - was awesome.

Looking forward to the next weekend :)

Noice !

Man of Honour
Oooh this weekends Beta weekend will include not only the solo and 2 player teams mode, but also the 3 player teams mode and the 4 player teams mode too. WOO !

Soldato
OP
Oooh this weekends Beta weekend will include not only the solo and 2 player teams mode, but also the 3 player teams mode and the 4 player teams mode too. WOO !
Can't wait to play :D here is the patch notes.

Players,

Today we look at the major changes we have made this week. Before we get to that, we are exctied to announce a new gamemode for this weekend's testing, SQUADS! In SQUADS, you will be able to team up in groups of 2, 3 or 4 players, or if you prefer, you can still play solo and take on everyone alone!

BpBU8u7.jpg

All servers will open at 8AM PDT/ 3PM UTC on Friday, and close at 8AM PDT/ 3PM UTC the following Monday!

Next onto the changes and bug fixes we have made to the game for this weekend’s test.

KNOWN ISSUES

Your character may sometimes exit a vehicle in an unarmed state

CHANGES

GAMEPLAY

• Added SQUADS gamemode. In SQUADS, you can create teams from 1 to 4 players in size. You can enter a round with either the group you teamed up with, or be randomly teamed with 3 other players once in the match
• Increased player count to 100 per match
• All players now start the match in a single airplane
• Fixed a bug that prevented certain items not being lootable due to them spawning inside of walls, or stuck between different objects

ACTION

• The moving speed when in the REVIVE state has been slightly increased
• The moving speed when sprinting now varies slightly according to the weapon your character is holding
• Improved the quality of swimming animations
• Fixed an issue that caused the looting animation to not happen if a player has bad connectivity to the server

ENVIRONMENT

• Fog effects have been added to long distance views when freefalling/parachuting down to the island

UI/UX IMPROVMENTS

• The compass on the top of the screen is now more visible
• When in team modes, a speaker icon will appear next to the name of the teammate talking
• When in team spectate mode and there are more than 2 teammates alive, you can toggle between views of the remaining teammates
• The drag-and-unequip-from-inventory action has now been improved to be more responsive

LEADERBOARDS

• Balance changes made to rankings. There won’t be any changes to any previous ranking attained

BUG FIXES

• Fixed some issues that were causing client crashes
• Fixed a bug that caused the character to go under the map when landing with a parachute
• Fixed team spectator so now you will see all views (3rd/1st/ADS) of the spectated player
• Fixed a bug that prevented you from figuring out sound direction in spectate mode

See you in-game,

PLAYERUNKNOWN

Underboss
I was actually tempted last night to pre-order it direct from the site. I'm too lazy to wait until the 23rd as I need something new to play and 3/4 player Squads could be excellent.

Sadly they were sold out of all pre-order copies, something I have never heard of before. It's either very clever marketing hype "the game is that good we have run out" or they genuinely didn't expect it to become that popular this soon and under budgeted.

Either way my hand was forced, I'll have to wait until the 23rd :(

Soldato
OP
I was actually tempted last night to pre-order it direct from the site. I'm too lazy to wait until the 23rd as I need something new to play and 3/4 player Squads could be excellent.

Sadly they were sold out of all pre-order copies, something I have never heard of before. It's either very clever marketing hype "the game is that good we have run out" or they genuinely didn't expect it to become that popular this soon and under budgeted.

Either way my hand was forced, I'll have to wait until the 23rd :(

They stopped the pre-order because of high demand and putting way more player into the beta than they wanted. They also said the limited edition was selling so fast it wouldn't be limited edition anymore.

The main reason was over load, the closed beta isn't ready for high demand just yet and was the reason last weekend beta had issues for couple hours.

Back
Top Bottom