Shots fired outside parliament - Please refrain from speculative and antagonistic posts

Soldato
I assume the next time there's a genocide happening in a Muslim country you'll be advocating for non-intervention?

lawl
You can't compare a humanitarian mission where you enter as peacekeepers to stop a genocide (like we should have done in Rwanda and more recently Sudan) to that of an illegal war where hundreds of thousands of innocent people are killed.
What a ridiculous straw-man :rolleyes:

Soldato
Precisely. The west is lambasted when it takes action for 'interfering' and when it doesn't it's accused of failure to act or intentionally letting people suffer.
Gah. Don't you hate it when stuff's complicated? That's why the Daily Mail is so good. Everything black and white. Chewing gum for the brain. One answer and one scapegoat without the need to interrogate the situation and the specifics of each case.

Caporegime
lawl
You can't compare a humanitarian mission where you enter as peacekeepers to stop a genocide (like we should have done in Rwanda and more recently Sudan) to that of an illegal war where hundreds of thousands of innocent people are killed.
And who killed those hundreds of thousands? Other Muslims!

Soldato
And who killed those hundreds of thousands? Other Muslims!

Iraq :confused:

I think you'll find it was American, British and other western bombs and bullets that took a horrific amount of innocent life.
And even in conflicts we are not directly involved in where do you think many of the bombs and weapons are bought from ??

But hey we never do anything wrong and are squeaky clean, god knows why these nutters hate us so much. Maybe they are mistaking us for someone else :rolleyes:

Soldato

I think you'll find it was American, British and other western bombs and bullets that took a horrific amount of innocent life.
And even in conflicts we are not directly involved in where do you think many of the bombs and weapons are bought from ??

But hey we never do anything wrong and are squeaky clean, god knows why these nutters hate us so much. Maybe they are mistaking us for someone else :rolleyes:
Nah, mainly other Iraqis, saddam, etc.

Soldato
lawl
Can we have any impact on a genocide without killing? And what if the side doing the genocide has some supporters in the UK? No doubt they'd see it as western governments bombing and killing Muslims in foreign lands.

Soldato
I assume the next time there's a genocide happening in a Muslim country you'll be advocating for non-intervention?

Seeing as intervention literally means going to war there are good reasons to not get stuck into another middle east fiasco.

You wanna "fix" things? Better take over the country and run it forever.

Because hit and run missions by the west to destroy "bad" governments who have zero chance of defending against a western force haven't fixed anything.

Caporegime

I think you'll find you're wrong.

https://www.iraqbodycount.org/

The vast vast vast majority of civilian deaths were at the hands of islamists.

Total deaths from coalition forces:
15,141 (13%) of all documented civilian deaths were reported as being directly caused by the US-led coalition.

Soldato
I guess it's just a coincident that Iceland is the safest country in the world and the fact it has little to no involvement in foreign conflicts :rolleyes:

US Has Killed More Than 20 Million People in 37 “Victim Nations” Since World War II

The total number of Iraqi deaths that are a result of our current Iraq against Iraq War is 654,000, of which 600,000 are attributed to acts of violence, according to Johns Hopkins researchers. (1,2)

Since these deaths are a result of the U.S. invasion, our leaders must accept responsibility for them.
Source = http://www.globalresearch.ca/us-has-killed-more-than-20-million-people-in-37-victim-nations-since-world-war-ii/5492051

15,141 Deaths, yeah thats not a horrific number at all :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Caporegime
I think we can logically assume it's probably a combo. Also yeah - totally didn't get your sarcasm (Fwoosh!). However let's face it, Ireland was a very different situation. There was actually an understandable political motive. Not necessarily just or correct but understandable. These actions however generally defy logic and seem to be killing for killings sake.

I agree. :) Having said that as much as we think it's not an "understandable political motive" like NI, how much of that is just because we aren't religious. It must seem perfectly logical to a fair number of people I would assume, because otherwise they wouldn't do it, even if they aren't exactly upstanding members of society before hand*. I don't really understand, but then I don't really understand why people travel to far off lands to "convert the heathen" that so many evangelicals do either, or many of the other weird things some people do for their respective religions.

*No idea about this guy but many of these people have violent and criminal pasts, before becoming radicalised.

Caporegime
I agree. :) Having said that as much as we think it's not an "understandable political motive" like NI, how much of that is just because we aren't religious. It must seem perfectly logical to a fair number of people I would assume, because otherwise they wouldn't do it, even if they aren't exactly upstanding members of society before hand*. I don't really understand, but then I don't really understand why people travel to far off lands to "convert the heathen" that so many evangelicals do either, or many of the other weird things some people do for their respective religions.

*No idea about this guy but many of these people have violent and criminal pasts, before becoming radicalised.
It's true they have. So the question is what is it about Islam that attracts these violent criminalistic individuals? Certainly they don't seem to be turning to Judaism, Christianity or taoism before they carry out these attacks. Islam is the connection. To ignore that is fatalistic.

Caporegime
It's pretty simple. If you want to stop terrorism, stop bombing civilians and helping ISIS recruit. Otherwise, the cycle will continue forever.

But hey it's never that simple is it??
Islamic terrorism was occurring long before isis even existed. Look at how Pakistan suffers as a result of it.
I also notice how you fail to look at the other side of it...stop being an Islamic murderer factory and maybe people will stop bombing you.

Soldato
Yes and the US tried to stay out of WW2 and was attacked anyway, as did anyone any where near Germany. You can wrap it up in all the P.C you like, but in the end it all comes down to who is the strongest.

But this guy was British, so what exactly was he taking revenge for?...

Last edited:
Soldato
So if it's Islam the religion that's the problem then why isn't it a problem in Iceland??
Maybe because Islam ISN'T the problem, radicalized extremists hell bent on revenge and retribution are the problem.
Tarring all Muslims and Islam as the problem is a great recruitment tool for radicalization and is a sure way to make the situation worse.

Back
Top Bottom