• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

7700k delided CPU delided

OcUK Staff
Hello Sniperdude

I have had a look at the video and yes it is very odd, as you have spoken to me on the phone a couple of times today I have sorted you out with another CPU.

Its been personally tested and I have seen it with my own eyes and its perfect, I have even advance replaced it for you for a Saturday delivery so it is with you tomorrow :)

When you get this other cpu please make sure you can screenshot all your bios settings for me and give me the full system spec so we can make sure its all ok

I hope this helps

Bailey

Associate
Hello Sniperdude

I have had a look at the video and yes it is very odd, as you have spoken to me on the phone a couple of times today I have sorted you out with another CPU.

Its been personally tested and I have seen it with my own eyes and its perfect, I have even advance replaced it for you for a Saturday delivery so it is with you tomorrow :)

When you get this other cpu please make sure you can screenshot all your bios settings for me and give me the full system spec so we can make sure its all ok

I hope this helps

Bailey

Cheers Bailey

Told you it was really odd lol it actually don't look like it's really reading the temps
gets even more odd when you use a none avx version of prime and the temps are normal.

Gigabyte K5 motherboard ( latest Bios... default settings )
Corsair 3000Mhz ram (XMP profile used for timings/voltage )
Samsung 960 m. 2 card
And a few 7700ks lol (dark rock advanced c1 cooler)
MSI 1070
Bequiet Dark Power Pro 650w PSU

Last edited:
Associate
Hey all,

I ended up going for the 5.1GHz, the box says '5.1g 1.35v' however I have been unable to get it stable at even 5GHz with this voltage.
I finally managed to pass a RealBench stress test at 1.41v and it took 1.42v to pass it at 5.1Ghz (vdroop set to 5).

Temps are around 70-80 using my Kraken x62, I am a bit worried I am doing something wrong here, should it be requiring this much voltage?
My 3 housemates bought stock 7700ks and have all managed to get them to 5GHz at 1.33-1.38v with no issues, gutted I've paid double the price for what seems is just a delidded cpu. :(

Associate
Hey all,

I ended up going for the 5.1GHz, the box says '5.1g 1.35v' however I have been unable to get it stable at even 5GHz with this voltage.
I finally managed to pass a RealBench stress test at 1.41v and it took 1.42v to pass it at 5.1Ghz (vdroop set to 5).

Temps are around 70-80 using my Kraken x62, I am a bit worried I am doing something wrong here, should it be requiring this much voltage?
My 3 housemates bought stock 7700ks and have all managed to get them to 5GHz at 1.33-1.38v with no issues, gutted I've paid double the price for what seems is just a delidded cpu. :(

Apparently there's a 30% chance that these CPUs will hit 5Ghz. If three housemates got 5Ghz CPUs first time, they've all been fairly lucky, and they don't seem to have pushed the voltage that far either.

Associate
To be honest mate Bailey was awesome yesterday

he packed this so well even wrapped it in tissue, dpd must have been playing rugby or it could be the cold making the sealant harden and become brittle.

one hot chip
one faulty chip
one delided delid chip

I'm gutted new bf1 maps came out the other day and I haven't seen any of them other than 5 mins testing processors

waiting for Bailey to get off his dinner.

Ev0

Ev0

Soldato
My replacement arrived yesterday, had a few tests late last night and this morning and all seems good so far.

Temps looked good, around 7 degrees above ambient and running realbench at stock the temps looked good especially considering this is on air in a small ITX case :)

Need to do some more testing but seems happy running 5GHz at around 1.36 vcore which is nice (I bought the 4.9 chip).

OcUK Staff
To be honest mate Bailey was awesome yesterday

he packed this so well even wrapped it in tissue, dpd must have been playing rugby or it could be the cold making the sealant harden and become brittle.

one hot chip
one faulty chip
one delided delid chip

I'm gutted new bf1 maps came out the other day and I haven't seen any of them other than 5 mins testing processors

waiting for Bailey to get off his dinner.

Ah jesus that sucks real bad :(

I packed it and stuffed it so it wouldnt move in transit.

Really cant believe this if its been shaken up in transit again, gonna be having serious words with the courier on Monday :mad:

Bailey

Associate
Isn't there too much liquid metal on there ? and also how come there's no sealant, the first one had a few blobs dotted around but not this one.

Back
Top Bottom