• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

7700k delided CPU delided

Associate
They will need to start resoldering because amd do

Intel will market the soldering as super military thermal conductivity technology or something

Give it a year they'll be soldering with their chips with satellite beams from orbit.

Popped the lid off my 6700k a few weeks ago, only half the die was actually covered with TIM. Down to 55c 100% load @ 4.8 vs 87c.

I hope they change that sooner rather than later :|

Associate
Give it a year they'll be soldering with their chips with satellite beams from orbit.

Popped the lid off my 6700k a few weeks ago, only half the die was actually covered with TIM. Down to 55c 100% load @ 4.8 vs 87c.

I hope they change that sooner rather than later :|

so do I its a nightmare getting a decent delided chip........ you walked into that mate

Associate
so do I its a nightmare getting a decent delided chip........ you walked into that mate

I didn't 'walk into' anything, just because I'm staff doesn't mean I can't join in on the thread.

I went out of my way to assist because I saw issues arising in a topic I'm interested in, and contacted the people that would have been able to sort something out because I have nothing to do with tech. I sit in the CS office and answer webnotes. It's down to Ian and the RMA guys to help.

If you want to be snarky with backhanded comments towards myself then feel free but don't expect me to feel inclined to help any further.

Associate
You need to lighten up it was a joke.

bang out of order considering what's going on here.

edit

sick of this now

Had staff talk to me horribly on the phone.

Staff branding me gobby other staff basically calling me a liar on the forum.

Had used defective goods sent to me

Now you're e having a pop.... it's a forum it was meant to be friendly banter

it's unreal you a customer service team member saying you wouldn't be willing to help now.

To be honest I think I have been nothing but reasonable even today after seeing that the cpu had been returned as faulty before.. did I make a big fuss no! I laughed it off and again gave ocuk another chance to sort it

Do me a favour just cancel my order and issue a refund its clear ocuk are unwilling to help
This is the worst shopping experience I have ever had in my life.. if I was the shop owner here I would be mortified to see this.

Last edited:
Associate
Do not use superglue mate lol

You don't actually have to reattach it the socket will hold it in place

have no idea what silicone to use other than it has to be heat resistant to 100c

Soldato
yes there's 2..... 1 they're too tight 2 deliding voids warranty so less returns its win win for them really.
Saving money must be the main reason but then it also allows their retail partners to offer more expensive de-lidded versions of their chips at higher markups, which isn't really possible if all the chips are soldered to begin with for sensible temperatures at high clocks...

Associate
I know you've had issues with the delid process but the 'banter' is really not required (particularly at staff). Leave it with the CS/RMA team rather than take opportunities to make further comments.

It can sometimes be difficult to joke about it when both parties have an interest in the situation.

Soldato
Do not use superglue mate lol

You don't actually have to reattach it the socket will hold it in place

have no idea what silicone to use other than it has to be heat resistant to 100c

LOL, but superglue solves everything ! :p

Seriously though, I hadn't thought about just using the socket to hold it in place.
all the videos I've watched have shown people removing the original silicone & putting new stuff on.

Associate
I know you've had issues with the delid process but the 'banter' is really not required (particularly at staff). Leave it with the CS/RMA team rather than take opportunities to make further comments.

It can sometimes be difficult to joke about it when both parties have an interest in the situation.

i am the person running back and forth to pickup points with cpu's and I am able to laugh about it
but second something is said to a staff member here I am lynched.

unreal

Last edited:
Associate
Poor you.

All I am going to say is just imagine you're trying to help someone and they make a joke about your service. Although it may be in jest its easy to take it the other way.

I hope you get it sorted.

Associate
Poor you.

All I am going to say is just imagine you're trying to help someone and they make a joke about your service. Although it may be in jest its easy to take it the other way.

I hope you get it sorted.

he helped arrange RMA for the the first chip.... over a week ago i haven't spoken to him since so I have no idea how he's still helping me... far as I know he sent someone a message and then told me to ring for RMA that's all.

I am grateful he did that but his outburst isn't helping the situation.

I just RMAd the second chip because it was used returned faulty and redispatched to me
he wasn't involved at all in that.

if I can laugh about going back and forth to dpd repeatedly and removing coolers and reseating
why is such a fuss made about a little joke about it

Back
Top Bottom