• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

7700k delided CPU delided

OcUK Staff
Hi 8 Pack

I have spoken to Sniperdude on the phone today, lovely bloke we are going to sort him out. I said if I have to personally drive it up to him hand delivered I will do

He has the patience of a saint

Bailey

Associate
Ah jesus that sucks real bad :(

I packed it and stuffed it so it wouldnt move in transit.

Really cant believe this if its been shaken up in transit again, gonna be having serious words with the courier on Monday :mad:

Bailey

Shouldn't you be having words with whoever carried out the re-lidding ? If the lid was properly fixed back in place and you packaged it as claimed, then it should have easily stood up to whatever the courier did with it (within reason).

Associate
Hi 8 Pack

I have spoken to Sniperdude on the phone today, lovely bloke we are going to sort him out. I said if I have to personally drive it up to him hand delivered I will do

Bailey

I tested that cpu 5.1 no problem all day and delid fine. Not one issue I posted screens here. Send it back again please.

Again???

Hang on a min you seem to be getting mixed up with who's complaining about what 8pack

My first chip was hot across all cores as if it hadn't been delided at all. (was told to RMA)

(Second chip) Few pages back you posted saying I should accept that me being gobby was wrong after you described a problem another member "outcast" had been complaining about with his chip and not me at all.

I was then sent "outcasts " RMA, d chip and it was indeed still faulty still lol (serial number confirmed)

(third chip)
This last chip arrived delided was meant to be one that's not been RMA'd in the past according to Bailey but the fact you have said you have posted screens in here of this chip suggests that it is indeed another faulty chip that has been returned for what ever reason.

Last edited:
Associate
I'd just get a refund and buy a standard retail chip and take your chance, i'm shocked at the quality control of these considering the price , some aren't even re-lided properly some get a few blobs of sealant whilst others don't ?, and looking at the pics posted in here if I was part of the team doing these I'd be ashamed . following taken from the item description "- CPUs delidded by OcUK professionals with Liquid Metal replacing original Intel TIM for 15c-30c cooler running temperatures"

Also there's someone in the overclocking and cooling section (ask 8pack) that has a chip like the one previously in this thread that goes up to 100 straight away with one core being 10 degrees higher etc

Last edited:
Associate
I've watched a few delid videos, and as expected a thin layer of sealant is applied around the edge of the lid before it is placed back onto the CPU PCB inside the delid tool. Then it is left for 24 hours so that the sealant can set properly. I doubt very much that a lid would become detached if this process is followed properly. Lids becoming detached suggests that the sealant hasn't been applied or left to set properly. In other words, it's due to poor workmanship.

Associate
That's waaaay too much CLU/Conductanaut, and just bouncing round in the post wouldn't knock the ihs off unless the black gasket's not had enough time to cure.

Last edited:
Associate
Hi 8 Pack

Bailey

Been thinking about this over the weekend and I have decided it's best I get a refund mate, I've totally lost confidence in OCUK

would appreciate you sort this out ASAP

on Saturday you was meant to send RMA for this chip and that didn't arrive either so I would be grateful if you could sort that out so I can post this back today.

the second chip will be at OCUK today according to dpd.

regards
Lee

OcUK Staff
Been thinking about this over the weekend and I have decided it's best I get a refund mate, I've totally lost confidence in OCUK

would appreciate you sort this out ASAP

on Saturday you was meant to send RMA for this chip and that didn't arrive either so I would be grateful if you could sort that out so I can post this back today.

the second chip will be at OCUK today according to dpd.

regards
Lee

Hey Lee

Sorry to hear this, I did email an RMA number through for you but I will amend it to be refunded if that is what you want to do.

I will also speak to the people de lidding the cpus too

Thanks

Bailey

Man of Honour
LOL, but superglue solves everything ! :p

Seriously though, I hadn't thought about just using the socket to hold it in place.
all the videos I've watched have shown people removing the original silicone & putting new stuff on.

I used black liquid gasket meant for car engines on my 4670k and it's been fine. I did it a couple of years ago before we had any delidding tools and used the hammer method to remove the IHS. Cleaned the pcb up, lapped the IHS as it was very concave, applied CLU and put a thin layer of liquid gasket around the inner edge of the IHS stuck it in the motherboard socket and clamped it down tight with my waterblock.

I'm presuming the type of liquid metal used by ocuk doesn't need changing at any point?

I used CLU on my 4670k a couple of years ago and have seen no increase in temps since then so it must be ok.

Permabanned
I used black liquid gasket meant for car engines on my 4670k and it's been fine. I did it a couple of years ago before we had any delidding tools and used the hammer method to remove the IHS. Cleaned the pcb up, lapped the IHS as it was very concave, applied CLU and put a thin layer of liquid gasket around the inner edge of the IHS stuck it in the motherboard socket and clamped it down tight with my waterblock.

Don't want to delid the thread but I've been thinking about doing this to mine as I seem to have one of the worse performing 4670's made :(. How much of an improvement did it make Pasty? Trying to work out if It's worth spending any money on it or perhaps just moving over to Ryzen.

Associate
Don't want to delid the thread but I've been thinking about doing this to mine as I seem to have one of the worse performing 4670's made :(. How much of an improvement did it make Pasty? Trying to work out if It's worth spending any money on it or perhaps just moving over to Ryzen.

seen posts from people with your cpu dropping 15-20c after deliding

Associate
:(

If you're after more oc, deliding won't give you more clocks. It can make an oc more stable at a teensie bit less voltage if thermals become a problem at a certain voltage.
You're not guaranteed 15-20c drops in temps either, I've delidded a few cpus each with varying results depending on how poop the stock paste is applied/ihs gap etc.

Man of Honour

I got around 17-18 degrees lower temps when I did mine but I also lapped the IHS as well due to it being very concave. Overclocking was exactly the same and I was never temp restricted with my setup anyway. Mine does clock higher but takes a big jump in voltage to do so which is why I stuck with 4.4Ghz (cache and core) for day to day running. I had been thinking about dropping a 4790k in but I don't think it's worth it. I won't be changing platform anytime soon and I certainly wouldn't even consider Ryzen in it's current state. They should have delayed the launch until the fixes were in place.

Associate
Hi 8 Pack

Bailey

I actually canceled my order with Ocuk guys just to let you know

I will be getting a retail chip from somewhere when I get a refund
been almost month with no pc now :( refund can't come soon enough.

dpd has the last cpu and ocuk have the other 2.

Bailey has been great helped as much as he can an sent some freebies

Got Doom code
OCUk mug
an a mouse mat

cheers for the freebies little bit gutted that this buy went so wrong.

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
I actually canceled my order with Ocuk guys just to let you know

I will be getting a retail chip from somewhere when I get a refund
been almost month with no pc now :( refund can't come soon enough.

dpd has the last cpu and ocuk have the other 2.

Bailey has been great helped as much a an sent some freebies

Got Doom code
OCUk mug
an a mouse mat

cheers for the freebies little bit gutted that this buy went so wrong.

I am gutted too Sniperdude, I have fed back this info however to be addressed.

If you need anything else you know where I am

Bailey

Last edited:
Permabanned
I got around 17-18 degrees lower temps when I did mine but I also lapped the IHS as well due to it being very concave. Overclocking was exactly the same and I was never temp restricted with my setup anyway. Mine does clock higher but takes a big jump in voltage to do so which is why I stuck with 4.4Ghz (cache and core) for day to day running. I had been thinking about dropping a 4790k in but I don't think it's worth it. I won't be changing platform anytime soon and I certainly wouldn't even consider Ryzen in it's current state. They should have delayed the launch until the fixes were in place.

Hmm. Well mine is under water so I'm not exactly temp restricted but was just wondering if it's worth doing even if only just to bring the loop temp down a little. My chip is currently at 4.2 @1.225 but I've had it crash on me a couple of times recently so I think it needs a bit more. This chip on a whole has been rather underwhelming considering the money i spent on it. i came from a Phenom II, and whilst the 4670 is obviously faster I paid much, much less for the Phenom which I brought as a dual core but got lucky and unlocked to a quad core. you win some you lose some i suppose.

Must ponder some more but at the minute I'm leaning more and more towards a Ryzen 5 1600 or at the least the 2nd generation Zen.

Back
Top Bottom