• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

THE FASTEST GTX 1080TI's: Zotac, Inno3D, Aorus & ASUS!!!

PDW

PDW

Associate
Depends on how much time you spend running the GPU, mine run 24/7 so that's an extra 70W every hour every day multiplied by the cost of your electric.
If you only use it for a couple of hours a day then it doesn't amount to much, but for me it is a big percentage increase in cost for very little gain in performance.

Soldato
Depends on how much time you spend running the GPU, mine run 24/7 so that's an extra 70W every hour every day multiplied by the cost of your electric.
If you only use it for a couple of hours a day then it doesn't amount to much, but for me it is a big percentage increase in cost for very little gain in performance.

Do the math, and you'll be surprised how utterly insignificant 70w is.

Soldato
£860 for the gigabyte :eek: ooooof .....Taking ROG tax to another level :p

That iChill looks a great deal though.

4 Years warranty vs the 3 years is a silver lining, bar Zotacs 5 years - if you buy through OCUK

still waiting to see if Zotac actively cooles their RAM/VRM on the main heatsink. This ASUS took a step back by using a midplate and then a thermal pad with Main heatsink fins grooving into it. Surely wouldn't of been to hard to weld a plate contact like the do for the 1080/70/60 version.
So far only one I know to do it is Aorus. Interested to see under the hood of FTW3

Last edited:
Soldato
Zero communication from MSI on clocks or dates, Asus and Gigabyte are way ahead of them as both are now shipping custom cards, were expecting Gigabyte and Aorus custom cards to land any day now to cover our pre-orders on those. :)
Asus are preparing a shipment next week. :)

No idea what MSI are doing.

That's a real shame on behalf of MSI. This was the card i was waiting for but looking at the iChill, I think I may have to change my mind on which to purchase. MSI haven't done themselves any favours it seems :(

OcUK Staff
OP
That's a real shame on behalf of MSI. This was the card i was waiting for but looking at the iChill, I think I may have to change my mind on which to purchase. MSI haven't done themselves any favours it seems :(

Not a brand I can recommend due to lack of communication from MSI or their distributors. :(

Asus, Gigabyte, Zotac, Inno3D, EVGA and other brands are way more communicative and which just like you guys is just good customer service and this is at pre-sales level.
We also witnessed how poor MSI were at paying the recent RX 480 cashback they did way back in November and December, having only just paid by end of March and generally ignoring customers complaining.

So you can see and workout for yourselves.

PDW

PDW

Associate
Even at 24/7 use, you're talking £8 a month. For the average user, you're lucky if the difference would be £2 a month.

@Gibbo is the INNO3D ichill card a reference board?
I appreciate you can't do the math, you have worked out a total based on a single card, you don't know how many cards I have running :)

Also a little disappointed that product descriptions that are known to be wrong are displayed by OcUK on their website. Has no effort been made to get the manufacturers to provide accurate figures ? If Zotac are being truthful in stating 320W and the others are lying (maybe they are all actually 350W) then Zotac could be losing sales for being honest :(

Soldato
I appreciate you can't do the math, you have worked out a total based on a single card, you don't know how many cards I have running :)

Yes, I must be thick because I don't know how many cards you are buying.

70w of power is not an influence on the vast majority of people buying an £800+ GPU. If you're a special case, then good for you. :)

OcUK Staff
OP

Also a little disappointed that product descriptions that are known to be wrong are displayed by OcUK on their website. Has no effort been made to get the manufacturers to provide accurate figures ? If Zotac are being truthful in stating 320W and the others are lying (maybe they are all actually 350W) then Zotac could be losing sales for being honest :(

We can only advertise figures given to us!
Cards using 6+8 and reference PCB will be 250W TDP give or take a few watts.
Cards using custom PCB with 8+8 will have higher TDP, it is maximum it does not mean the card sits their sucking 320W.

OcUK does way more than any other competitor in providing info, no other competitor is giving you this level of information about cards, NOT ONE!

OcUK is even ahead of most of the announcement PR/News sites with info on new cards, you see it here first which is why so many of my forum post get leaked and reports, I do it to try and help customer base and of course its free marketing for OcUK.

But to express disappointed in our product descriptions when we clearly go way above and beyond to give more information than competitors is also very disappointing and really makes me wonder why I bother at all times.......

Soldato
We can only advertise figures given to us!
Cards using 6+8 and reference PCB will be 250W TDP give or take a few watts.
Cards using custom PCB with 8+8 will have higher TDP, it is maximum it does not mean the card sits their sucking 320W.

OcUK does way more than any other competitor in providing info, no other competitor is giving you this level of information about cards, NOT ONE!

OcUK is even ahead of most of the announcement PR/News sites with info on new cards, you see it here first which is why so many of my forum post get leaked and reports, I do it to try and help customer base and of course its free marketing for OcUK.

But to express disappointed in our product descriptions when we clearly go way above and beyond to give more information than competitors is also very disappointing and really makes me wonder why I bother at all times.......

Most people who benefit from your graft don't post here. You're doing a stellar job mate, don't listen to the **********.

Associate
Agreed, the silent majority appreciate it! At the end of the day if you give people an opportunity to moan about something (the forums), then some will :)

The Zotac AMP Extreme looks like an absolute beast again just like with the 1080, and would be my choice for sure. The only concern is sagging!

Associate
Yes, I must be thick because I don't know how many cards you are buying.

70w of power is not an influence on the vast majority of people buying an £800+ GPU. If you're a special case, then good for you. :)

Exactly, people spending that sort of money on a GPU will not be even thinking about electric costs

OcUK Staff
OP
Agreed, the silent majority appreciate it! At the end of the day if you give people an opportunity to moan about something (the forums), then some will :)

The Zotac AMP Extreme looks like an absolute beast again just like with the 1080, and would be my choice for sure. The only concern is sagging!

Zotac is heavy yes, but that is because their cooler is very high-end, less cheap nasty looking plasty and more premium plastics and more use of metal. There are plenty of stuff on the market to support heavy PCI-E cards and some cases even have built in support.

My money would probably go on the Zotac, its the best card, OK actually it ties with the Aorus Extreme, though the bigger power phase and huge cooler always win me over with the Zotac, then the 5yr warranty is of course a nice bonus.

Back
Top Bottom