• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

THE FASTEST GTX 1080TI's: Zotac, Inno3D, Aorus & ASUS!!!

Caporegime
What's the big deal with "boosts clocks"? All of these cards including Founders will do 1700Mhz+ easily, touching on 2000Mhz isn't uncommon either.
It is basic bum covering. If the cards get too hot, they will throttle but never under the stated boost clocks. In truth, without running AB and just having GPU-Z running in the background, my 1080 throttles but it is still massively above the stated boost clocks, so not too sure why they are so conservative with their stated boost clocks.

Soldato
I really REALLY want too and I'm not sure what's stopping me :(
Got the funds?
Not treated yourself in a while?
Need a cheer up?
Buy Buy Buy

I Bought the 1080Ti due to a few things,
i can
not treated myself in a while, last was x34 4 months+ ago
Stuck in pain for so long fancied something to look forward to

can sell my 1080 :D

Associate
any firmer date on the Asus Strix coming in? I know I;m at the top end of the queue with you guys and really wanted to buy the Strix via OC but I have an order for MSI Gaming X coming tomorrow via another retailer... seems a shame that the lack of clarity from Asus on when the card will actually arrive is costing them $$

Soldato
No, i will not be pressured by my peers, thankyou. I will deliberate over this decision.

...right, where's the buy button? :p

Seriously though, dunno if i can do it, it's the principle. Somehow i can justify £400 to £500 as it's the price of a console when new.
cost means nothing if you keep it for 5 years :p

Soldato
Why you would expect a card running higher clocks to consume the same power as slower cards? Use common sense man, can't have your cake and eat it. ;)

320W is correct!

Wow I can remember people saying an r9 290 @ 220W would basically melt your computer and turn your room into an inferno... how times change.

I really REALLY want too and I'm not sure what's stopping me :(

Let me guess, you're not divorced yet?

Associate
No, i will not be pressured by my peers, thankyou. I will deliberate over this decision.

...right, where's the buy button? :p

Seriously though, dunno if i can do it, it's the principle. Somehow i can justify £400 to £500 as it's the price of a console when new.

Question, is your current monitor being utilised to it's maximum framerate? If not you need to push the button to gain the return on investment you've already spent on it!

Back
Top Bottom