• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

THE FASTEST GTX 1080TI's: Zotac, Inno3D, Aorus & ASUS!!!

Soldato
Yes to my understanding iChill cards are reference boards, hence the 8+6 pin power. :)
not sure if below is correct Gibbo, qoute from bit-tech review:

"The pre-production review sample uses a reference PCB with Inno3D's own flavour of cooling. Retail cards will use a custom PCB, we are told, though the Hong Kong outfit was keen to show just how much faster its card can be than the thermally-challenged FE."

be nice to know for sure, could you ask them?

on side note on their site they show DVI connector on the PCB

OcUK Staff
OP
not sure if below is correct Gibbo, qoute from bit-tech review:

"The pre-production review sample uses a reference PCB with Inno3D's own flavour of cooling. Retail cards will use a custom PCB, we are told, though the Hong Kong outfit was keen to show just how much faster its card can be than the thermally-challenged FE."

be nice to know for sure, could you ask them?

on side note on their site they show DVI connector on the PCB

They are still 6+8 power though, so any change will be minor unless they have changed the PCB without informing me. Stock is due any day so I will probably grab one to look at to see if they did change anthing.

The main thing about iChill cards is the cooler is fantastic and very quiet, yes the FE card does get hot which does limit its boosting potential out the box whereas the custom cards will boost higher out the box due to them running 20 degrees or so cooler. :)

Soldato
They are still 6+8 power though, so any change will be minor unless they have changed the PCB without informing me. Stock is due any day so I will probably grab one to look at to see if they did change anthing.

The main thing about iChill cards is the cooler is fantastic and very quiet, yes the FE card does get hot which does limit its boosting potential out the box whereas the custom cards will boost higher out the box due to them running 20 degrees or so cooler. :)

@Gibbo
How soon is any day and if I was to place an order today, that the ETA for delivery? Is there much of a queue?

Associate
What card is likely to be the quietest?

I used to have a Zotac 780 Amp Extreme and that thing made a lot of fan noise.

I'm using a SilentLoop 280 for my CPU so want a GPU to match.

OcUK Staff
OP
What card is likely to be the quietest?

I used to have a Zotac 780 Amp Extreme and that thing made a lot of fan noise.

I'm using a SilentLoop 280 for my CPU so want a GPU to match.

New Zotac Extremes are quiet, some people have issues with fan pulses at lower speed, but setting a fan curve or a fixed fan speed solves that and still remains extremely quiet. :)

Associate
Both the Zotac and the Gigabyte Aorus look nice, for me it might be down to the case on which comes first haha. How is Zotac's 5 year warranty with OCUK? Fast? Mainly wondering because i'll be upgrading from SLI'd 980tis since I have fell out of love with SLI so in the case of a card breaking down I wouldn't have a backup card.

Associate
Zero communication from MSI on clocks or dates, Asus and Gigabyte are way ahead of them as both are now shipping custom cards, were expecting Gigabyte and Aorus custom cards to land any day now to cover our pre-orders on those. :)
Asus are preparing a shipment next week. :)

No idea what MSI are doing.

Since people are asking, if you're looking for the MSI GAMING X specs, they've been on their website since last week.
Only a quick google search away. :)

Soldato
Both the Zotac and the Gigabyte Aorus look nice, for me it might be down to the case on which comes first haha. How is Zotac's 5 year warranty with OCUK? Fast? Mainly wondering because i'll be upgrading from SLI'd 980tis since I have fell out of love with SLI so in the case of a card breaking down I wouldn't have a backup card.

4 with Aorus, and have UK RMA center , reps can be found on here and pretty sure OCUK does a sweet job with their RMA anyway. To be honest they do a Good job on any RMA that i've had :D

Associate
What's the big deal with "boosts clocks"? All of these cards including Founders will do 1700Mhz+ easily, touching on 2000Mhz isn't uncommon either.

Back
Top Bottom