• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** AMD "Zen" thread (inc AM4/APU discussion) ***

Caporegime
Let's be realistic, it's beaten by over 8% on averages by a 4 core cpu released in 2013. Best dig out the slide showing a split second of bf1 nearly maxing out an i7 again :D

By that token Intel's old i7 is also beating the new one....:rolleyes:

Your seeing only what you want to see, what matters are the minimums, and Ryzen beats them all..... ;)

2yuyop2.png

Ryzen holding its own

Nice to see AMD are competing at the top again :)

Soldato
Let's be realistic, it's beaten by over 8% on averages by a 4 core cpu released in 2013. Best dig out the slide showing a split second of bf1 nearly maxing out an i7 again :D

The fact that it's even competing now is a good thing, this is good for everyone. For gamers they have an extra 4 cores to play with for streaming or whatever. For intel fans this is going to kick them into gear and release faster stuff this is surely a win win for everyone.

Associate
The fact that it's even competing now is a good thing, this is good for everyone. For gamers they have an extra 4 cores to play with for streaming or whatever. For intel fans this is going to kick them into gear and release faster stuff this is surely a win win for everyone.

I agree with you 100%. Never understood why some people prefer one company to have a monopoly and charge sky high prices.

Associate
By that token Intel's old i7 is also beating the new one....:rolleyes:

Your seeing only what you want to see, what matters are the minimums, and Ryzen beats them all..... ;)

Nice to see AMD are competing at the top again :)

doble the fps vs previous arc, pretty much legendary awesome and beating intel along the way

Associate
Hi,

If I pair an Asus Prime B350M-A AMD B350 (Socket AM4) DDR4 Micro ATX with a Ryzen will it have Integrated Graphics? If so, how does the onboard graphics compare to Intel?

Thanks.

Soldato
Doesn't the motherboard have onboard graphics? If so, how does it compare to Intels?
No it doesn't. No integrated graphics until Raven Ridge later this year and those are almost certainly only going to be 4c/8t, albeit slightly better than the current crop of 4c/8t Summit Ridge chips since they'll be on a single CCX instead of split between two.

Associate
No it doesn't. No integrated graphics until Raven Ridge later this year and those are almost certainly only going to be 4c/8t, albeit slightly better than the current crop of 4c/8t Summit Ridge chips since they'll be on a single CCX instead of split between two.

Thanks for confirming. What does this refer to in the m/b description and why does it have HDMI, VGA outputs etc? I assume Ryzen is series 8 so can't utilise?

Onboard Graphics Outputs Integrated AMD Radeon™ R Series Graphics in the 7th Generation A-Series APU Multi-VGA output support: HDMI, DVI-D, D-Sub port
- Supports HDMI 1.4b with max. resolution 4096 x 2160@24Hz / 2560 x 1600@60Hz
- Supports DVI-D with max. resolution up to 1920 x 1200 @60Hz
- Supports D-Sub with max. resolution up to 1920 x 1200 @60Hz
- Maximum shared memory of 2048 MB

Soldato
Thanks for confirming. What does this refer to in the m/b description and why does it have HDMI, VGA outputs etc? I assume Ryzen is series 8 so can't utilise?

Onboard Graphics Outputs Integrated AMD Radeon™ R Series Graphics in the 7th Generation A-Series APU Multi-VGA output support: HDMI, DVI-D, D-Sub port

It is for when said chips are available so you wont need a different mobo.

Soldato

Need to clear up a bit of confusion here.

AM4 is designed for both CPUs and APUs, two different families. AMD has unified their AM (CPU) and FM (APU) platforms together.

Ryzen is pure CPU only, so those display ports will be pretty much useless. Zen+, the 2nd gen Ryzen will also be CPU only.

Bristol Ridge APUs on the other hand is the 7th gen APU which has the inbuilt graphics and uses those display ports. However they're based on the older CPU architecture (Excavator), the 8th gen APUs will be based on Zen and either Polaris/Vega and should be out near the end of this year.

Back
Top Bottom