• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** AMD "Zen" thread (inc AM4/APU discussion) ***

Soldato
Only using a 970 in that review. Hmm. Whilst I am certain a LOT of people have those cards, I would have at least expected a 1060 or 480 instead. It is almost always GPU limited with a card below a 1080 and the 7700k doesn't outpace Ryzen unless you use a 1080 upwards.

Soldato
Only using a 970 in that review. Hmm. Whilst I am certain a LOT of people have those cards, I would have at least expected a 1060 or 480 instead. It is almost always GPU limited with a card below a 1080 and the 7700k doesn't outpace Ryzen unless you use a 1080 upwards.

To be fair, theres not much between the 970/1060/480.

Soldato
2yuyop2.png

Ryzen holding its own

Caporegime
Let's be realistic, it's beaten by over 8% on averages by a 4 core cpu released in 2013. Best dig out the slide showing a split second of bf1 nearly maxing out an i7 again :D

Ha, I didn't want to comment, but that graph's not exactly a ringing endorsement of Zen superiority.
It's more "In line", the fact it's an 1800X means that it's outpaced by the cheaper 6700.

The Bulldozer performance is hilarious though, and really neuters that "It'll get better" mantra as we're 6 years on from launch almost.

Either way, 1700's still the absolute best buy CPU right now.

Soldato
Ha, I didn't want to comment, but that graph's not exactly a ringing endorsement of Zen superiority.
It's more "In line", the fact it's an 1800X means that it's outpaced by the cheaper 6700.

The Bulldozer performance is hilarious though, and really neuters that "It'll get better" mantra as we're 6 years on from launch almost.

Either way, 1700's still the absolute best buy CPU right now.

Well the FX CPU's when compared to the i5 of that time (2500k and 3570k) have supposedly aged better.

Soldato
Honestly, I couldn't care about Ryzen only matching the current i7's or being a little behind in gaming .

Didn't get it for a pure gaming machine. For multitasking they r7's are far better value for money than anything else Intel have.

Soldato
Ryzen is basically what Piledriver should have been - lots of threads for excellent multithreaded loads but also very solid per core performance and a good platform beneath.

Caporegime
Honestly, I couldn't care about Ryzen only matching the current i7's or being a little behind in gaming .

Didn't get it for a pure gaming machine. For multitasking they r7's are far better value for money than anything else Intel have.

Can't knock the Ryzen 1700 for what it is, for what it offers performance and price wise.
But I just don't understand why you had to come out with something about Intel fanboys.

I own a 1700 myself, came from a 4770K and absolutely happy with my purchase.

Soldato
Can't knock the Ryzen 1700 for what it is, for what it offers performance and price wise.
But I just don't understand why you had to come out with something about Intel fanboys.

I own a 1700 myself, came from a 4770K and absolutely happy with my purchase.

God man, I was only taking the mick!

:)

Soldato

There is that immeasurable quality tho that raw fps probably doesn't show and that's the smooth factor by having a high thread count.

Back
Top Bottom