• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Poll: ** The AMD VEGA Thread **

On or off the hype train?

• (off) Train has derailed

Votes: 207 39.2%
  • (on) Overcrowding, standing room only

Votes: 100 18.9%
  • (never ever got on) Chinese escalator

Votes: 221 41.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
All of them can still go out and buy a 1080ti right now. Unless they're now going to bypass Vega and wait for Volta, in which case they're just procrastinators and should really only blame themselves, as by then 7nm and Navi will be right around the corner...
I imagine a few have Freesync screens and wanting a GPU to power them and hence why the irritation at AMD for no news.

Associate
Literally 2 months wait for Vega, which is a short time for those waiting. No big games coming out (that I know of) in that time, so hopefully then, they will have HBM2 sorted and drivers up to scratch. Summer is here as well guys and the sun and beach are calling :p

On the topic of 'HBM2 shortage', does anyone know why GloFo can't produce memory?

Associate
I imagine a few have Freesync screens and wanting a GPU to power them and hence why the irritation at AMD for no news.

True, but then they should just admit to themselves that they're essentially either cash-strapped, or suckers for value-for-money. Ain't nothing bad with that. Just gotta keep waiting...

Soldato
Don't like the sound of any of this..... Been waiting since March. 970 still hanging in there. It's true tho that the summer is here and my gaming machine isn't going to see much action.

Winter is coming

Amen.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
OP
Yep or early August.
Definitely August, no one here will have a RX Vega in their machine before August is my guess, well, maybe Kaapstad :p

7nm and Navi will be right around the corner

Navi... Yes, that is what I am waiting for :D

That is not to say I won't have a Vega/Volta in my machine before that though, all depends if the games I want to play next year come out before Navi :p

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
OP
I will leave that with TNA. :)

Did anyone found out what was the fps for that Pray demo? It was ~120 or close to 200? :)
Hah! lol. I will start the Navi thread next if anything. But maybe even that is a bad idea, one guy got upset that I started a new thread for us (like the mods suggested we should). At least I am making the effort in keeping the OP updated, unlike the old thread ;)

Associate
A bit of a silly statement that.

I admit it sounds odd, but my point is: either you can fork out the cash for this or you can't. If you really have that sort of money lying around, then you have no problem going for a G-Sync and a 1080ti right now. And it doesn't matter if Vega arrives and turns out to be faster than Volta.

What I'm trying to say is: I think most people (myself included), can't justify spending that much money on gaming rigs. And when they do, it's a stretch. And when the next big thing hits (and it always does hit every other year or so) they feel numb. And when they've spent £500 on a monitor, they feel locked in.

If you feel locked in, then you've overstretched. I'm not saying that in the sense that you're in poverty or something. I'm just saying that even though you actually can afford a £500 monitor and card, you can only justify that to yourself once. Then you start waiting for Vega because you have Freesync and are frustrated and vent your frustration for your first-world problems here. I can understand it but I can't empathise, because that's just me.

P.S. Maybe my viewpoint is skewed because I can actually afford to spend £1000 per year on a gaming rig, I just think it's not really far from worth it...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom