Post Your Home Cine & HiFi Kit...

Soldato
I've had an LG oled for well over a year now and it's been fantastic.

No problems with screen burn here, it looks as good as the day I bought it.

No chance I'd ever have another LCD screen now.

I'm surprised that it's only really LG doing affordable oleds. LCD is old tech now if you ask me.

Associate

Work in progress. Shelves got put up today but need a coat of gloss unfortunately rain stopped play.
The Atmos speakers are going to be mounted high up on wall either side and slightly forward of the MLP for better sound when I have time.

TV is LG 55b6 OLED
Amp is a Anthem MRX 720 which I was lucky to land an exdemo unit for £2000 as the list price was way out of my price bracket at £3200
Sub is a BK XXXLS400-DF which I picked up from the EBAY B-grade store for £389

Speakers are Bower & Wilkins 685 Fronts, 686 Rears, HTM62 Center and the Atmos speakers are XTZ S2.

Sounds great in my 3.4 X 3.4 room but not sure the neighbours think so. :D

Last edited:
Associate
New 2.5m (92x92 inch) screen for my projector, pulls down over the windows when in use, rolls up when not (keeps the wife happier...). Use a Benq 1400W, fixed to the ceiling and with chrome cast at the moment.

apologies for the poor quality photo!!

file1-2_zpsghuvbc2u.jpeg

file-2_zpsvwlddj6i.jpeg

Last edited:
Associate
I've since upgraded the rear speakers... All I need now is the matching centre and (any) subwoofer..

Can you get good subs that are about 400mm wide and 450 mm deep? (height doesn't really matter)

Plenty of good subs within those dimensions.The BK XXXLS400 that is in my pic a few posts above comes in at 400 X 400 mm. Really depends on you budget as there are many others you could look at.

Sub £500 I would say get the BK but above that then you are looking at XTZ, SVS and Arundal among others.

Soldato
Just finishing re-decorating the main living room and updated the AV gear, Marantz NR1607 amp (had to find something that fitted the AV cabinet) and Q Acoustics 7000i speakers. Xbox One providing all content and looking to replace the ageing LG plasma soonish with something 4k and all the other bells and whistles.

Lounge02.jpg

Soldato
Looks nice and clean mate, but a quick comment on lighting behind the TV.

I think it's best to either get some lighting that is the right colour temp, or not bother with it at all. Bias lighting can alter the perception of colours in a negative way if not done right.

Back
Top Bottom