Post Your Home Cine & HiFi Kit...

Caporegime
We're due a TV change soon, we've got a 60" plasma which is great but there's screen burn of the sky pause logo (why on earth doesn't that disappear?!) and we'd like something thinner and bigger and I'd like to give 4k a shot.

We're talking ourselves into an LG OLED but I keep flip flopping over the fact I know I can get 2 half decent LEDs for the same price..

Is it that much better?

Do they get screen burn?

Would I be better getting a decent Sony/Samsung LED?

I love/hate telly choosing time, I normally tie myself in knots but end up with something new and shiny!

OLED all the way coming from a Plasma

Soldato
We're due a TV change soon, we've got a 60" plasma which is great but there's screen burn of the sky pause logo (why on earth doesn't that disappear?!) and we'd like something thinner and bigger and I'd like to give 4k a shot.

We're talking ourselves into an LG OLED but I keep flip flopping over the fact I know I can get 2 half decent LEDs for the same price..

Is it that much better?

Do they get screen burn?

Would I be better getting a decent Sony/Samsung LED?

I love/hate telly choosing time, I normally tie myself in knots but end up with something new and shiny!

All depends on the plasma you have, if its a top end one then probably lcd and lower end OLED screens are not going to be an improvement except in the thinness etc.

Soldato
Coming from an LG 60PM680T, never top of the range to be honest! I mean some friends LEDs look stunning but then thats popping colours not blacks and motion.

Soldato
Throw my very basic AV into the mix. Never been bothered with TV's and setup's as I do not watch it enough but recentlywatched Daredevil on a proper TV with HDR and what not and wow, so picked up few items. Got KS7000 for smashing price so started from there. Nothing compared to some on here, but like it all the same and just like PC building, know getting a proper sound system is the next bug to bite :eek:

KS7000 55"
Samsung HW-K551 sound bar, quiet like how it falls under the feet of the TV and being 3.1 so is okay for now
HTPC - PC-05s with 4790k and R9 Nano for gaming
Xbox one S for Blue rays though currently being RMA'd :(

2961vue.jpg

5pl9id.jpg

Soldato
Thanks :) Am indeed trying to get as much white in the room or silver / Tungsten colour and avoid black. One reason why the HTPC case is now winding me up :p:(

Soldato
Where is your Rug from Radox? :)

Furniture Village. Can't find exact one on their site to link to, but its very similar to this one: http://www.furniturevillage.co.uk/p...ver&dwvar_ZFRSP000000000003898_size=140-x-200 minus the larger chunks that seem to be in that one.

Damn, that's nice Radox.. I like the lighting effect, is it dimmable/colour changeable ? ;)

Thanks :) What do you take me for, in this RGB world it has to be :p But yup, RGB and dimmable accordingly.

Permabanned
Here is mine, no fancy TV stand so looks poor :( Just moved and have a 2 year so everything needs to be high up unfortunately as she like to throw everything ATM!

I have been looking at the Evoque Range and will probably purchase one of those in the next few weeks/

IMG_0569.jpg
013607210ffaf539b4ec80e03df8f203447ff07bbf.jpg
IMG_0565.jpg

Soldato
Thought I'd post an update since there's been a few minor changes since last time - addition of an Xbox, Logitech Harmony Elite remote (best thing ever), the world's comfiest sofa, and most recently (and importantly) a new cabinet with doors. I love having everything hidden away and when watching a film in a darkened room the lack of distracting LEDs and displays makes quite a difference to how absorbed you feel in to whatever you're watching. I'm really happy with it. It's also home-made, in 22mm MDF with a grey eggshell finish and a nice piece of oiled walnut worktop and soft-close doors, so no you can't buy one :p

Apologies for the state of our dining table.

UbTkA0w.jpg

5aPqYgb.jpg

KBWQ7TO.jpg
^ The cable above has since been pulled over to the left so you can't see the wires, only the wrap

Back
Top Bottom