Post Your Home Cine & HiFi Kit...

Associate
Just finishing re-decorating the main living room and updated the AV gear, Marantz NR1607 amp (had to find something that fitted the AV cabinet) and Q Acoustics 7000i speakers. Xbox One providing all content and looking to replace the ageing LG plasma soonish with something 4k and all the other bells and whistles.

Shame you had to stick with a slim line amp, but at least it is a great slim line amp. Also the 7000i's are an awesome upgrade even considering the huge size difference!. Look ace wall mounted!

Associate
slcAYm8.jpg
Xsesh8W.jpg

This is my living room system.

It consists of a full Dali Zensor 5 5.1 system with the E9 sub.
Yamaha RXA820 AV Receiver.
Pioneer BDPLX55 BluRay player
Optoma HD50 on a Saphire 92" screen.

And yes I like star wars. It used to have a lot more consoles and less board games seen below.

4qaLFMl.png

Man of Honour
j2y5H1h.jpg

Finally got round to wall mounting the TV. Pictures make the hue lighting overblown but it's very subtle and not distracting at all, and obviously can adjust it to any brightness/colour if needed.

Next I need to wall mount the speakers

Last edited:
Soldato
Yes thats impressive, sorry not wanting to derail the thread and someday I'll post mine but is that the lightstrip plus kit so 2m?

Just gotten into hue/hue compatible and I'd like to replace the crappy LEDs I have behind my TV at present but once again.. £70 for another "kit" seems.. challenging! Especially when you can get the extensions for £19.99 which I presume don't come with a plug?

Soldato
I have a 2m strip behind my 50" telly, and it's enough to do the top/sides as above - I'll be soon adding a 1m extension for the bottom as well. The 'kit' comprises of the power transformer as well as 'control module' that actually talks to the hue bridge as well as the strip.

Soldato
Yes thats impressive, sorry not wanting to derail the thread and someday I'll post mine but is that the lightstrip plus kit so 2m?

Just gotten into hue/hue compatible and I'd like to replace the crappy LEDs I have behind my TV at present but once again.. £70 for another "kit" seems.. challenging! Especially when you can get the extensions for £19.99 which I presume don't come with a plug?

Bear in mind that adding more length to the strip will reduce the overall brightness a little.

Also best time to buy the kit is in the sales for sure, paid around £35-£40 for the 2m kit last Black Friday, new version too not the older one they had.

Soldato
I've since upgraded the rear speakers... All I need now is the matching centre and (any) subwoofer..

Can you get good subs that are about 400mm wide and 450 mm deep? (height doesn't really matter)

wIoKI16.jpg

2kJXJeq.jpg

I'd recommend repositioning those rear speakers so that they fire across at each other, rather than into the room. It'll give you a much better surround effect when seated against the rear wall.

Associate
Still got the Panasonic TX-P50G10B
RX Yamaha 567
Boston Acoustics Soundware Xs Speaker and Rear and Sub
PS4

Using the Hole Saw making extra hole for PS4 And AV to feed the cables through and three small holes to let heat escape and 4" USB Fan to blow heat through the Holes.So i can have the door Close

The Subwoofer is side the sofa.

Soldato
I'd recommend repositioning those rear speakers so that they fire across at each other, rather than into the room. It'll give you a much better surround effect when seated against the rear wall.
Thanks I've done this and a bit better! I also realise I may have gimped my set up.

Goes
Xbox to tv (hdmi) bitstream dolby digital
TV to amp (optical) - it has NO ARC (old amp)
But comes up on the amp as pro logic 2? Is this actually 5.1? The Internet suggest yes but just checking..

Soldato
Thanks I've done this and a bit better! I also realise I may have gimped my set up.

Goes
Xbox to tv (hdmi) bitstream dolby digital
TV to amp (optical) - it has NO ARC (old amp)
But comes up on the amp as pro logic 2? Is this actually 5.1? The Internet suggest yes but just checking..

No, ProLogic is upconverted stereo. You'll need to check your TV's digital audio output settings. Failing that, connect the Xbox directly.

Back
Top Bottom