Post Your Home Cine & HiFi Kit...

Associate
Your TV probably doesn't support 5.1 passthrough over the HDMI connection from external sources. As Howard says, connect an optical connection from your Xbox directly to the amp and change the audio settings to optical. Et voila.

Associate
I redid Cooling in the Cabinet as the last setup was still keeping in heat, As the PS4 was next to Av Receiver so was blocking air vent. So i went for Ac Infinity Multifan S5, Quiet 80mm USB fan, Two exhaust at the back, 1 exhaust for AV Receiver and intake to the PS4 and control by Amazon Alexa to turn it on and off. Now stay nice and cool.

Before

After

Soldato
Still got the Panasonic TX-P50G10B
RX Yamaha 567
Boston Acoustics Soundware Xs Speaker and Rear and Sub
PS4

Using the Hole Saw making extra hole for PS4 And AV to feed the cables through and three small holes to let heat escape and 4" USB Fan to blow heat through the Holes.So i can have the door Close

The Subwoofer is side the sofa.

What TV Cabinet is that? Looks perfect for what I need.

Associate
IMG_20160214_122645.jpg

My new PMC 21's with the matching PMC stands.
How is the low end on these mate?

I have been really interested in getting some PMCs for the transmission line tech. Can you bypass the requirement for a sub with these?

Soldato
The twenty series were quite bass light, the newer twenty5 series are meant to be an improvement, though I haven't heard them myself.

The i series had plenty of bass, I'm running OB1i and they are very impressive, too much for my room as standard but I've tweaked and added DSP.

Caporegime
Haven't posted my setup for a few years now. I've gotten a new TV and Atmos speakers since then

VincentHanna_Atmos01.jpg

VincentHanna_Atmos02.jpg

Bonus dog picture

VincentHanna_HomeCinema_rear.jpg

LG OLED 65B6V
Q Acoustics 3050 fronts
Q Acoustics 3090c centre
Q Acoustics 3070 subwoofer
Q Acoustics 3010 rears
PSB Imagine XA Dolby Atmos Speakers

On display: Denon 3200W AVR, Sky Q, PS4 Pro. Sony BDP-S6500, Harmony Elite hub
Hidden away: Xbox One S, Nintendo Switch, PSVR

(original here) - https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/posts/28927372/

Soldato
Intreaged to know what system you are using it in. If it's the maratnz it's sat on it seems a tad overkill to have a £1500 + dac ,

Don't mean that in a snoby way, just interested

Associate
KidLoco> I totally understand where you are coming from. I just connected up to my PC for lulz. In reality as much as I love my budget amp it not really in the same league. I use to own the chord dac 1 and dac 64 so I am kinda familiar with chord products.

I am currently in the process of building my hifi setup. So just trying out different things to see what I like. It been a long time since I was involved in the hi fi scene. So my previous builds (roughly about 10 years ago) was predominantly around headphones setups.

So I bought the hugo tt as it is more recent dac than what I currently have from my last headphone build which was about 10 years ago. I have two dac's from at least 10 years ago. I wanted to see if the hugo tt or rather dac technology advancement since I was last involved in hi fi.

I think it is very very good. However while it is very versatile and the small footprint is welcome change to what I am use to and to be fair for the money you are getting a lot of features for it and compared to the dacs I use to buy it really is a bargain. And it does sound very good. The headphone amplifier pretty good but I still think dedicated headphone amps at least int this price range sound better even though I am no longer involved in headphone hobby side of things. And I do think the bluetooth section of it is a waste of time. I don;t see the point of spending this kind of money so you can stream music from your phone via bluetooth apt x.

And as good as it sounds, it is not in the same league as my other dac. It doesn't have the imaging, resolving ability or the soundstage that I use to use before but it stills sounds pretty good nonetheless. I will try and get some pics up of the other stuff.

Back
Top Bottom