Aorus Owner's Lounge

Associate
Yes exactly. The situation is like you describe and as shown on the picture above. I know it's ON because of the lights (obviously) but I also hear the HDD running. The screen never turned on. I have absolutely no way to see if the laptop is stuck in BIOS or else... This is extremely frustrating!

It's been stuck "ON" for about 48h now... (unplugged of course)

this is probably to late and not the solution but have you tried Function F6?!

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
I can converse with @AORUS - Mean Machine in private but not you...:confused:

As this is an HQ matter, maybe I can send any info to him?

I got same problem as you poiuzz, I can't private message Atom80... and the trust button does the same thing to me :(

Hi Both,

Is TRUST enabled on your own accounts (assume your is poiuzz, as you say you can message MEAN MACHINE)? @poiuzz - yes please send information to Mean Machine

If you click "TRUST" on your own message - this is where you check it's enabled.
We receive TRUST message on our Atom80 account, and have just checked that everything is enabled, and looks OK, so not sure what the issue is.

Regards,

Team AORUS

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
I can converse with @AORUS - Mean Machine in private but not you...:confused:

As this is an HQ matter, maybe I can send any info to him?

I got same problem as you poiuzz, I can't private message Atom80... and the trust button does the same thing to me :(

When I click on either of your accounts it says "This User has not configured his/her trust account"

So I guess this is why you cannot message us.

We think all you need to do is click "TRUST" on any of your own posted messages, and then re-type in your username and password - when we did this process the forum system pre-fills this information, but then when you enter/click through it says "not recognised" (or something like this) - but when you re-type in your details, same as when you log into forums, it accepts it.

Hope that helps,

Regards,

Team AORUS

Permabanned
Hi Both,

Is TRUST enabled on your own accounts (assume your is poiuzz, as you say you can message MEAN MACHINE)? @poiuzz - yes please send information to Mean Machine

If you click "TRUST" on your own message - this is where you check it's enabled.
We receive TRUST message on our Atom80 account, and have just checked that everything is enabled, and looks OK, so not sure what the issue is.

Regards,

Team AORUS

I tested TRUST multiple times everywhere... can't find any related options in parameters... I try to connect but it just won't accept it...

I sent contact information to mean machine yesterday.

To update the situation, the laptop's battery drained and finally turned off. I tried to plug it again to see if it changed anything but unfortunately not... it seems screen is dead PLUS it just won't turn off... I give up, this unit is really faulty.

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
I tested TRUST multiple times everywhere... can't find any related options in parameters... I try to connect but it just won't accept it...

I sent contact information to mean machine yesterday.

To update the situation, the laptop's battery drained and finally turned off. I tried to plug it again to see if it changed anything but unfortunately not... it seems screen is dead PLUS it just won't turn off... I give up, this unit is really faulty.

OK, sorry to hear this - please return to OCUK for exchange or refund - they have more stock of some product landing on Mon/Tuesday - was it the CF1 you received?

Regards,

Team AORUS

Permabanned
OK, sorry to hear this - please return to OCUK for exchange or refund - they have more stock of some product landing on Mon/Tuesday - was it the CF1 you received?

Regards,

Team AORUS

Yes it is the CF1. However we purchased to SCAN as OCUK was out of stock at the time. Does that change anything?

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
Yes it is the CF1. However we purchased to SCAN as OCUK was out of stock at the time. Does that change anything?

No, just return to SCAN and not Ocuk :)

Follow SCAN procedure and let them know if you want exchange, repair or refund - they will contact us anyway,

Really sorry for the inconvenience.

Atom80

Permabanned
No, just return to SCAN and not Ocuk :)

Follow SCAN procedure and let them know if you want exchange, repair or refund - they will contact us anyway,

Really sorry for the inconvenience.

Atom80
They prepared a pickup on Thursday. I informed them that you offered a direct exchange so I'm a bit lost, but sure I can send to them. I'm ready to give Aorus a change, but I really want to avoid any second disappointment finding another issue.

Associate
Thanks Atom80 for your positive response.

I have, however, returned the laptop and requested a refund. If this keyboard issue is so wide spread across different generations (v6 & v7) and different models (x5 and x7), even if we go through an RMA or just get a new one, how can we be sure that we will not end up with a new unit with the same problem...or worse...one that will develop the keyboard issue after a while? Please read the experiences of the people that got the first batch of the X5 V7 (on this forum and the official Aorus forum), they definitely have significant issues. Can you please ask your technical department if there is something wrong with this batch and if this issue has been sorted out? I really loved the specs on the X5 V7, but if I pay 2600 GBP for a laptop, I expect it to be solid and reliable.

Atom80, you might have missed my previous question but I would appreciate a response/statement from you or HQ regarding the keyboard issue.

Associate
Oh my oh my, I was so excited to buy an Aorus x5 v7 even considering a UK keyboard layout (even if I would have prefer a FR one) in order to get it sooner but now the only things I read about it since the first units were sold are keyboard issues, freezing screen, brand new units that cannot turn on, drivers update problems... I can't find any positive review, only complaints. Moreover on the official Aorus Forum, not a single person of the Aorus team seems to care about these issues as they don't even bother to answer the questions asked by unfortunate customers. I don't know if Aorus does take these problems seriously but now I am really doubting about getting one as, even worse, these issues are recurrent from the previous generation V6.

Something that is really surprising is that the screen are factory calibrated Pantone X-rite and that someone receive one that doesn't turn on :s (how does the guy that calibrate them has been able to calibrate a black screen ^^). I suspect that the units are not properly tested before sending them.

I really hate to summarise all these issues and complaints about this wonderful machine (on paper) but it is important to take them into account when you spend so much money. So if someone has receive a brand new unit x5 v7 that works well, I would really want to hear his short review cause I am hesitating too much about getting one now...

I would also like to hear Aorus giving us some more insights if these problems are only occurring on certain batches of laptops or if they will continue to sell faulty units and try to repair them after?

Sorry for this negative post but I think it had to be addressed in order, maybe, to shake up Aorus to finally have the laptop of our dreams ;)

PS: fingers crossed that everything will be sorted out so I can get one :p

Permabanned
For the sake of it I would point out that you will usually find problems in owners lounges. Same for the DJI mavic for example. If you go to the forum you will find many problem threads but not many simply saying they are happy. (That is just the nature of human kind until there are hard fans of the product)

But I agree it's hard to find any review even on x5 v6... maybe Aorus isn't known enough at the moment (in fact many of my geeky entourage had no clue of its existence) or many have given up... (but then we would maybe hear more bad reviews as they always spread faster than the good ones)

Anyway I also would like to see more insights from current owners...

Soldato
For the sake of it I would point out that you will usually find problems in owners lounges. Same for the DJI mavic for example. If you go to the forum you will find many problem threads but not many simply saying they are happy. (That is just the nature of human kind until there are hard fans of the product)

But I agree it's hard to find any review even on x5 v6... maybe Aorus isn't known enough at the moment (in fact many of my geeky entourage had no clue of its existence) or many have given up... (but then we would maybe hear more bad reviews as they always spread faster than the good ones)

Anyway I also would like to see more insights from current owners...

I have an X5 V6, any questions ask away.

Permabanned
Thanks guys,

For how long have you this unit?

Did you experience any problem after some strong use?

Am I correct in thinking the keyboard issue has only been experienced at arrival and is unlikely to show up later on?

@MiSJAH you review link doesn't seem to work for some reason...

Permabanned
Some other issues I wonder if you can confirm are solved:

-While exiting a game, ICC color profile turn to factory default

-Abnormal combination of keys:

Left ctrl + alt: + D, E, x, some ctrl + alt + (D, E, x, 3, `)
Left shift + alt + ctrl, some ctrl + shift + space button response to Ctrl + shift + B
Left SHIFT + ctrl + space
Ctrl + shift + alt

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
Atom80, you might have missed my previous question but I would appreciate a response/statement from you or HQ regarding the keyboard issue.

Hi Rutte,

We are looking into the issue with our supplier and investigating quality control with them, and our side. Its obviously disappointing to learn of any issues, but of course we have to accept that "it happens" in our world.

Once again we are sorry for the inconvenience caused to you personally.

Regards,

Team AORUS

Associate
Hi Atom80,

As you know I have my X5V7 and so far it's been pretty good, I've not experienced ('touch wood') any of the keyboard issues or screen problems. I don't game but do 3d render so have loaded the processors and graphics units. Although the fans can make a fair amount of noise (which I'm fine with as they do seem to do their job of reducing cpu/gpu temps quite well), whilst using it for general emailing and stuff the unit is really nice and quiet.

All this being said my colleagues 6 month old X3v7 just died. It wont power on at all. This follows his gigabyte P35X with a 980GTX also dying on him (which is why we bought the Aorus X3). Our problem is we use these for work not gaming and need a speedy repair or replacement, the vendor that we bought this one from, no longer stock it, so a replacement is not an option any thoughts of the best course of action would be appreciated? We've been in touch with your service repair reps at Mendit.

Thanks

P.S to all those who are commenting that there are no good reviews out there and that all the units are breaking, i don't believe this to be the case, I believe there is a saying in marketing that 'if a product/service is good the user will tell 1 person out of 10 about it, if a product/service is bad they will tell 9 people out of 10'! In my case we've bought 4 gigabyte products, 1 is 3.5 years old and has been thrashed and is still going strong, one was 2.5 years old, was thrashed and died, one 6 months old, mildly used and has died, and one is a few weeks old and seem pretty good! Read into this however you like.

Associate
Thanks guys,

For how long have you this unit?

Did you experience any problem after some strong use?

Am I correct in thinking the keyboard issue has only been experienced at arrival and is unlikely to show up later on?

@MiSJAH you review link doesn't seem to work for some reason...

https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/threads/misjahs-aorus-x5v6-review.18764426/

Will fix the link in my sig. :D

Edit: Just to add to this, any problems with my X5 have been through my causing. I'm amazed at the quality of the service provided by AORUS / @Atom80 after my dire experience with other providers (see link in sig ;) ).

I've had an X5 for over 7 months now. Recently improved my firestrike score to 15,783!!!!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom