Aorus Owner's Lounge

Associate
Ha yeah, exact same situation as me. I am hoping most issues will be ironed out when the X7 does arrive and any issues, if I do buy, are dealt with quickly in the UK. You'd begin to expect Aorus to cover shipping if there are any issues.

@Ruadhan, shipping is covered by Aorus (or atleast they've not mentioned charging me yet) for items within warranty, there are some terms, such as if it's not actually broken (user pressing the space bar to turn it on as opposed to the power button!!) or if has been physically damaged (i guess, obviously dropped etc) then they will charge you for the postage and fix.

Associate
Just a quick question regarding RAM. If i want to make use of the additional slots and increase the amount of RAM do i have to replace all the slots (including the ones factory installed) or can i safely add to the ones I have without causing issues? If the answer is, as I expect, that I just have to match the speed, voltage, data integrity, Ranking and CL then great but are any of these flexible or will for instance have 2 sticks with a CL 17 and two of CL 16 cause my system to have a melt down!

Soldato
Just a quick question regarding RAM. If i want to make use of the additional slots and increase the amount of RAM do i have to replace all the slots (including the ones factory installed) or can i safely add to the ones I have without causing issues? If the answer is, as I expect, that I just have to match the speed, voltage, data integrity, Ranking and CL then great but are any of these flexible or will for instance have 2 sticks with a CL 17 and two of CL 16 cause my system to have a melt down!

Shouldn't cause any issues, just remember that total RAM will run as fast as your slowest stick.

I'm hoping the X7 v7 will include 32GB, I could have sworn the v6 had a 32GB option?

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
Thanks for the response Atom80, it does give me a bit of reassurance when it comes to RMAs and returns (of which I hope I won't have to use!). I'm anxiously awaiting the X7 reviews!

Do you know if the same 230w power brick will be included with the X7?

Hi OCdude,

The X7 ships with 230W AC adaptor and the X7 DT model now ships with 250W (whereas the X5 uses a 200W power brick)

Regards,

Team AORUS

Associate
Hi Ruadhan - we expect product to be ready in the next week or so.

With shipping time from HQ, we would therefore expect product to be ready to despatch from OCUK in approx. 2 weeks, w/c 24th July we would think is "safe", but could be a few days earlier.

Hope that helps,

Regards,

Team AORUS

Hi Atom80,

Brilliant, thanks for your response. Tempted to put in a pre-order!

R.

Permabanned
We also believe that all customers in UK have been given support at the highest level, being given exchange units wherever possible, and fast.....

.....we will continue to manage this area the best we can and offer the service, support and experience that you deserve for purchasing a premium product.

Team AORUS

EDIT:
atom80 definitely helped About our x5 v7 that arrived faulty straight out of the box.

Still waiting since a few days for pickup of the faulty unit thought. Hope to solve this issue promptly as we need it for professional purpose.

I'll keep informed on the situation.

Regards,
Mat

Last edited:
AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
Well to be fair... I was offered a direct replacement that was not respected. Even worse... because I shared this information with the seller, they actually cancelled the pickup which was scheduled for today! So now I've been waiting one week with an Aorus laptop that arrived faulty straight out of the box and no one is giving me any solution. Even WORSE, I'm now being asked to pay to send it!!!

This is unacceptable. I'm myself distributor of high-tech material with similar price range and if any client would receive unusable units out of the box, I would (or I would make seller) solve the issue ASAP.

Now I've given all info to contact me privately by MP to you collaborator (/mean machine) I cannot believe I still have to pollute a forum to get things done for something that could be avoided simply by pressing the power button as a pre-check before sending to customer.......!

I tried hard to keep this conversation private... I believe I did everything in my ability to do so.

I said as some other member that this is for professional purpose. I would still like to give it a chance but patience have its limits. I simply cannot afford to wait for ages to solve this problem.

I thank you in advance for contacting me privately to find the best course of action in solving this issue.

Regards,
Mat

We are still unable to contact you through the TRUST system, says its not enabled for you.

If you can post your order number, we will contact SCAN and get things arranged from this side.

Thanks,

Team AORUS

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
[QUOTE

Regards,
Mat[/QUOTE]

Hi Poiuzz,

Seems like the issue was because Switzerland falls outside the EU, so the courier situations isn't "standard".

As you will see from the mail we have asked SCAN to proceed and charge the carriage costs to us.

Should see things move forward today.

Regards,

Team AORUS

Associate
Another thing I have spotted is the speed of the CPU is 200MHz slower than the Aorus website - Which is correct?

Also do you know if the X5 MD will come in any other screen configurations?

p.s. It is also claiming IPS for the QHD screens, I think I am correct in saying that they aren't?

p.p.s maybe someone should double check the site as it really is misleading

Last edited:
AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
Another thing I have spotted is the speed of the CPU is 200MHz slower than the Aorus website - Which is correct?

p.s. It is also claiming IPS for the QHD screens, I think I am correct in saying that they aren't?

Hi Annihilation,

Where are you saying the clock speed is incorrect, and which product?

Regarding the screen specs, if IPS is stated it will be correct. IPS is just one panel manufacturer brand name for the type of panel, where manufacturers aren't using IPS, it will be "Wide Viewing Angle", but basically its the same technology as an IPS panel, just from different supplier.

X5 MD will just be shipping with the one panel type, as listed on OcUK site.

Look forward top hearing back from you,

Thanks,

Team AORUS

Associate
OK, so:

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/aoru...l-core-i7-7820hk-gaming-laptop-lt-02y-au.html

and

https://www.aorus.com/product-detail.php?p=216&t=35&t2=63&t3=64

OCUK claims that it is IPS, however according to the Aorus site it is "Wide Viewing Angle". If you read the whole of the OCUK product page you will see it has two different technologies listed in the title, specifications and descriptions!

If you then look at the CPU you will see it is saying 2.7-3.6GHz, and on the Aorus site it is 2.9-3.9Ghz

Don't mind pointing out some mistakes but all of the specifications need to be validated again as people will be making significant spending choices based upon the material differences!

Associate
OK, so:

Don't mind pointing out some mistakes but all of the specifications need to be validated again as people will be making significant spending choices based upon the material differences!

Yes, i specifically went for this model because it was the 1440p IPS 120hz GSYNC Panel. If that is now not the case i will need to review which machine is the best spec/quality that i'm looking for.

Associate

It's a WVA Tn screen. Last year's model was and this one should be the same unless they somehow found a way to have the only 2560x1440 120Hz IPS screen available. If they fixed the interlacing lines issue in the last model like they claimed, it'll probably be the same Tn screen that's in the AW17 r4. It's a good screen with very good viewing angles for a Tn panel, but still not as good as IPS.

The red flags in their specs are if you scroll further down. WVA usually means Tn. 5ms response time is also not possible with today's laptop IPS panels. If the IPS isn't wrong on the product listing, then those other specs certainly are.

Associate
Yes, my point is that they have a significant amount of errors in the specifications and as customers it is difficult to know what is right and wrong. Having to cross check elsewhere shouldn't be necessary.

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
OK, so:

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/aoru...l-core-i7-7820hk-gaming-laptop-lt-02y-au.html

and

https://www.aorus.com/product-detail.php?p=216&t=35&t2=63&t3=64

OCUK claims that it is IPS, however according to the Aorus site it is "Wide Viewing Angle". If you read the whole of the OCUK product page you will see it has two different technologies listed in the title, specifications and descriptions!

If you then look at the CPU you will see it is saying 2.7-3.6GHz, and on the Aorus site it is 2.9-3.9Ghz

Hi Annihilation,

Have just spent some time correcting the errors within screen descriptions with OcUK product team. Thanks for highlighting these. Clock speeds also now updated to correct 2.9-3.9GHz throughout the X7 range.

Hope that clarifies for all.

Regards,

Team AORUS

Associate
Is there going to be just one X5 MD model, with 256GB SSD (and 1TB HD) ? If so - I can add another/larger SSD without voiding warranty, right?

Edit: could one in theory put a cheaper sata style SSD in the place of the 1TB HD?

Edit2: Product description on OCUK says, "All these are found in the X5 MD which houses two 512GB M.2 PCIe SSD and one 2TB HDD, providing you a massive storage capability of up to 3TB!" I'd rather buy that model outright really.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom