Rift £200 off

Associate
Note: Robo Recall I believe can expect you to keep your feet planted so you're always facing forwards? Yes? No?

Yes (from my limited experience with VR (recd Sat) you can do it facing front. After ducking around and doing little shimmys to the side etc (I have a small space too but the Guardian is great) I thougt I hadnt really turned around but when i took my headset off i was not facing the front anymore lol! Total immersion lol!

Soldato
Yes (from my limited experience with VR (recd Sat) you can do it facing front. After ducking around and doing little shimmys to the side etc (I have a small space too but the Guardian is great) I thougt I hadnt really turned around but when i took my headset off i was not facing the front anymore lol! Total immersion lol!
Well, if I wasn't facing front anymore... I'd be risking punching walls or shelves... So quite literally I wouldn't want to even move my feet I suspect!

Soldato
Robo recall I think at times you need to be able to turn around as the robots come at you from behind...unless you warp around to avoid being hit...
I would not be able to do that :)

ie: If I rotated say 90 degrees, putting an arm out to the side would risk hitting a wall.

Soldato
I would not be able to do that :)

ie: If I rotated say 90 degrees, putting an arm out to the side would risk hitting a wall.

Certainly with Robo Recall, I would recommend having some room to throw your arms around and turn slightly - If you turn 180, it asks you to turn back towards to the sensors (Unless you have a 360 degree setup).

My dad tried Robo Recall last night, and when one of the smaller spider bots came close to him, he tried to kick it away and full on kicked the **** out of the front of my PC case :p :p Fortunately, my Define R5 is built incredibly well, and survived without any damage :D

The Guardian System is good, but you do end up turning 90 - 180 degrees when playing, as bots come at you from all angles. If you get good at teleporting, you could possibly get away with it, but it gets intense at times! :D

Soldato
Certainly with Robo Recall, I would recommend having some room to throw your arms around and turn slightly - If you turn 180, it asks you to turn back towards to the sensors (Unless you have a 360 degree setup).

My dad tried Robo Recall last night, and when one of the smaller spider bots came close to him, he tried to kick it away and full on kicked the **** out of the front of my PC case :p :p Fortunately, my Define R5 is built incredibly well, and survived without any damage :D

The Guardian System is good, but you do end up turning 90 - 180 degrees when playing, as bots come at you from all angles. If you get good at teleporting, you could possibly get away with it, but it gets intense at times! :D

I tried an experiment. There's a small sweet spot in the middle of my study where I can put my arms out (within reason) and turn through 360 degrees. But it's a small sweet spot!

And that would be with my arms probably being over my desk slight too... (But obviously that's well down below waste level).

Associate
As lokiss says, there's plenty of cheap, or even free stuff. You just missed the Steam and Oculus sales as well which is unfortunate.

However, don't forget that Lucky's Tale is free on the Oculus store, and so is Herobound and Farlands. Also, check out Rec Room - get a good group of people together and it's one of the most fun things you can do in VR, especially the Quest games.

There's plenty of quality free stuff in the "experience" category on the Oculus store as well, so make sure you look up Henry, Lost, Dear Angelica, The Rose and I, Abe, Allumette, Invasion, Surge, and Senza Peso.

Great suggestions, thank you

Associate
So is the Oculus sale over now or what - nobody has stock, even Amazon is saying o/s?. Yeah and it looks like they have dropped the XB wireless control from the bundle here and at oculus.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
They've sold out of original stock, oculus are now shipping the single box pack which includes touch controllers but no xbox gamepad; might take a few days for stock to arrive at places.

Soldato
But apart from the lack of a wireless xbox one controller and a remote, is the new bundle otherwise the same?

Ie no differences in software/games included etc?

And how much do people even use the wireless xbox gamepad? Seems no one uses the remote.

Soldato
Neil - let me put it this way. I have yet to unbox the Xbox controller and Oculus controller.

All via the Rift Touch Controllers.
That's useful thanks.

And there's no software/games that was in the previous bundle that isn't in the new one?

If so I'll just order the new bundle...

Back
Top Bottom