Rift £200 off

Associate
Have now got a return label, and the instructions are rather woolly.

The email says 'To return your Oculus hardware for review, please print and bring the pre-paid shipping label (attached to this email), along with your package, to the nearest postal carrier as stated on the pre-paid label.', yet all I can see on the label is the UPS Standard name and no instructions as to where to take it drop it off.

Do I need to go to the nearest UPS main depot (96 mile round trip there) or can it go to a UPS Access Point that accepts returns? Have emailed Oculus, but they only ever seem to reply in the evening time here, so will not hear anything back until tonight, which puts me into tomorrow for returning it

On the plus side, have set up my OcUK received one and am loving it. Only had one weirdy moment when floating around the ISS, but rest has been great. May get some wrist weights to do a small workout when throwing robots around.

Have briefly flashed up Elite and am gobsmacked at the scale an immersion from it. Wife is working all weekend so will be giving it some serious time.

Does anyone else find it rather spooky to see your hands in virtual form????

Soldato
Have now got a return label, and the instructions are rather woolly.

The email says 'To return your Oculus hardware for review, please print and bring the pre-paid shipping label (attached to this email), along with your package, to the nearest postal carrier as stated on the pre-paid label.', yet all I can see on the label is the UPS Standard name and no instructions as to where to take it drop it off.

Do I need to go to the nearest UPS main depot (96 mile round trip there) or can it go to a UPS Access Point that accepts returns? Have emailed Oculus, but they only ever seem to reply in the evening time here, so will not hear anything back until tonight, which puts me into tomorrow for returning it

On the plus side, have set up my OcUK received one and am loving it. Only had one weirdy moment when floating around the ISS, but rest has been great. May get some wrist weights to do a small workout when throwing robots around.

Have briefly flashed up Elite and am gobsmacked at the scale an immersion from it. Wife is working all weekend so will be giving it some serious time.

Does anyone else find it rather spooky to see your hands in virtual form????

Haven't a clue about the returns thing, sorry. The only RMA's that I did through UPS, they collected it at my house. I thought most returns were done that way.

Yeah, I still think it's so weird and cool at the same time to see your virtual hands. It really adds to the immersion factor.

Soldato
Damn!! Good for you guys :) But, Where is my sensor?? I ordered on the 7th and not even an email yet!! I think I better start breathing again.

Finally got the email this morning and my sensor will arrive on Monday. Wonder what took them so long.

As a bonus, my cable extensions(HDMI and USB), the retractable cable management system and sensors mounts will arrive tomorrow, so I can finally start using VR properly again.

It's been so awkward the last couple of weeks. My VR space is about 3M's wide but only 1/2 meter deep because of the cable lengths. I can't wait to see what the cable management system is like.

Hopefully I will get it all up and running tomorrow. And I will be online all evening tomorrow if anyone is around for some VR gaming :) If we can get 4 we can do the new Rec Room quest. Might be fun. I am sure Fluke Rogi will have it finished 85 times by then and can advise the best routes to take ;)

Associate
If we can get 4 we can do the new Rec Room quest. Might be fun. I am sure Fluke Rogi will have it finished 85 times by then and can advise the best routes to take ;)
Lol. Don't think it's gone live yet - will probably pop on about 9-ish this evening to see if it's up.

Have actually been getting back into Elite over the past couple of days. If anyone wants to go bounty hunting in a RES at some point, give me a shout.

Soldato
O
Lol. Don't think it's gone live yet - will probably pop on about 9-ish this evening to see if it's up.

Have actually been getting back into Elite over the past couple of days. If anyone wants to go bounty hunting in a RES at some point, give me a shout.
Oh I might do that, I keep meaning to play it in advance of the thargoids return.

Also, very much down for the new Rec Room quest!

Associate
Return sorted. Can drop it off at a local shop that is a UPS Access Point, which is good news. Would be handy if they put that in the email from the get go, instead of me having to ask about it. Their CS has been good, responding when I have asked questions (bar them not giving me Star Trek Bridge Commander......) but I feel that Oculus were woefully prepared for the uptake from the sale and have struggled to deal with it and the fall out of not being able to satisfy peoples orders.

Associate
Return sorted. Can drop it off at a local shop that is a UPS Access Point, which is good news. Would be handy if they put that in the email from the get go, instead of me having to ask about it. Their CS has been good, responding when I have asked questions (bar them not giving me Star Trek Bridge Commander......) but I feel that Oculus were woefully prepared for the uptake from the sale and have struggled to deal with it and the fall out of not being able to satisfy peoples orders.

I've done two RMA's with Oculus now and you can if you're lazy like me you can get it collected from your home by UPS instead :)

You just need to set-up a MYUPS account on their web page and request a collection but if you're happy to take it to your local shop then its all good.

+1 for trying the new Rec Room quest one night if you need to make up the numbers, looks like good fun!

Associate
Oh I might do that, I keep meaning to play it in advance of the thargoids return. Also, very much down for the new Rec Room quest!
+1 for trying the new Rec Room quest one night if you need to make up the numbers, looks like good fun!
Rec Room doesn't seem to have been updated yet, so will check again tomorrow evening.

Dev - that was my thinking with Elite, as I'd never even bothered getting any Engineer upgrades. Apparently there will be some anti-thargoid weapons introduced, but it might be worth stocking up on materials in case you can engineer upgrades for those as well.

Associate
Before I take the plunge.. Can anyone confirm if DOOM VR will be coming out on the Rift please?
No-one can confirm it except Bethesda/Zenimax (and they haven't so far), but you have to look at it this way - if it's available for SteamVR, they would have to specifically make it not work for the Rift. If they did that then Zenimax would be cutting off a revenue steam, which would be an odd thing for them to do.

Soldato
No-one can confirm it except Bethesda/Zenimax (and they haven't so far), but you have to look at it this way - if it's available for SteamVR, they would have to specifically make it not work for the Rift. If they did that, Zenimax would be cutting off a revenue steam, and it would be odd for them to do so.
Yeh it would be hugely disappointing if not...

Just Googled it as it happens and this was in the RPS website...

Unsurprisingly, given that Bethesda’s parent company Zenimax have been fighting in court with Oculus and their partners, neither game is currently headed to Oculus Rift goggs. It’s Vive or bust (or PlayStation VR), baby.

Read article on Rock Paper Shotgun

Shame if it turns out this way :(

Soldato
Rec Room doesn't seem to have been updated yet, so will check again tomorrow evening.

Dev - that was my thinking with Elite, as I'd never even bothered getting any Engineer upgrades. Apparently there will be some anti-thargoid weapons introduced, but it might be worth stocking up on materials in case you can engineer upgrades for those as well.
I've got a few engineered ships, but nothing fully kitted out. I think I will try and get some time this weekend to play it

Soldato

Rec Room buddy, me and Dervij are in there.

Rocksteddie, if you are around. come on!!

Associate
About to take the plunge on the Rift before the deal ends but I have a few questions if anybody can help.

I do not have 3 spare USB 3 ports so can I use a USB 3 hub and connect the occulus leads to that?

My PC connects to the monitor via HDMI, my monitor only has HDMI. My GPU has Dual Link DVI-I, HDMI 2.0, 3x DisplayPort 1.2. What would be the work around to have the Occulus and my monitor always connected. Would it be Occulus to HDMI and then Displayport to HDMI connector with HDMI to monitor? Sorry new to gaming on PC having abandoned consoles recently.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom