Rift £200 off

Soldato
i left the gamepad and the remote in the box.
Same. Totally redundant. The Rift Controllers are just truly epic and I cannot imagine using anything else but them.

Youll be fine Neil honestly.

If it makes you feel better Ill send you my Xbox controller and Oculus remote :p ?

(on your bike :D)

Just get the damned thing you will NOT be disappointed.

Not sure if I mentioned this or not....

ROBO RECALL JUST KICKS MY ASS :)

Associate
And there's no software/games that was in the previous bundle that isn't in the new one?

If so I'll just order the new bundle...
All bundled software is the same. It's not even in the box - some of it is just free on the store (like Lucky's Tale), and some of it activates on your account when you set up your Touch controllers (the free stuff will only activate on the very first Oculus account the Touch controllers are used with).

Soldato
All bundled software is the same. It's not even in the box - some of it is just free on the store (like Lucky's Tale), and some of it activates on your account when you set up your Touch controllers (the free stuff will only activate on the very first Oculus account the Touch controllers are used with).
Ta... The official Oculus website is slightly confusing as it's showing pictures of Bridge Commander on the bundle page...

At least OC's page gives a list...

So you can buy games through the OR store? Or through Steam?

Associate
How the hell do you speak to others with the Rift? I was beta testing a game and heard people nattering away and I was like "Hellooooooo, can you hear me......"
Nada.
Most games that have voice comms generally have it set to automatically transmit. If nobody else can here you, then it's probably disabled in that specific game settings, though it might be worth checking your Windows settings and see if your Rift is set as the default recording device.

Associate
Ta... The official Oculus website is slightly confusing as it's showing pictures of Bridge Commander on the bundle page...

At least OC's page gives a list...

So you can buy games through the OR store? Or through Steam?
When it comes to buying games, I generally do the following. If it's on both Home and Steam, I'll generally buy it on Steam. The thing is that I don't know in the future what HMD I might own, and having it on Steam increases the likelihood that I'll be able to play any given game on a future headset. There has been the odd exception in a sale where something has been so cheap on Home, that it didn't really matter if I had it on Steam or Home.

When it comes to Oculus exclusives, I must admit waiting for sales for a lot of stuff. It's that not knowing about what headset I might own in the future that tends to stop me paying full prices for stuff on Home, though Lone Echo does look tempting.

Soldato
And once again, as long as when you intiially install the Oculus software you put it on your D drive, then all the games/software for it will then also go onto your D drive?

Associate
And once again, as long as when you intiially install the Oculus software you put it on your D drive, then all the games/software for it will then also go onto your D drive?
I know that if you install to the default C: location, then it will ask you for a drive where you want to install the actual games. All of your games will then install to that location.

If you've used the command line modifier to install Oculus Home to D: I'm not sure if you'd get the option to install the games elsewhere, so I guess all of your games would install to D:

Soldato
I know that if you install to the default C: location, then it will ask you for a drive where you want to install the actual games. All of your games will then install to that location.

If you've used the command line modifier to install Oculus Home to D: I'm not sure if you'd get the option to install the games elsewhere, so I guess all of your games would install to D:
So when you run the OR installer it just gives you the installation location? So in my case I'd choose "D:/Oculus" for example? No painful/under the hood nonsense to achieve that?

Associate
So when you run the OR installer it just gives you the installation location? So in my case I'd choose "D:/Oculus" for example? No painful/under the hood nonsense to achieve that?
If you run the installer as normal, the Home app will install to your C drive. However, it also asks you where you'd like to install your games, so yes, you could choose your D drive. What you can't do is pick and choose drives for individual games like you can with Steam.

Soldato
Looks like OC have pulled the bundle - so I ordered direct from Oculus so lets see what happens now!
It's not that they've pulled it, I don't think anyone has stock of the "new bundle" other than Oculus at the moment.

The previous £399 bundle (with the XBox controller & remote) has seemingly sold out so is gone...

Soldato
OP
yes, oculus forums say they werent expecting them to sell so quickly so theyre shipping out the new pack that was supposed to go on sale after the 6 weeks.

Associate
Reading the thread it sounds really positive.

I'm still sitting on the fence, (The price drop has put me up there) but I'd still need to pick up a graphic card (thinking a 970 to get me started) and possibly the usb card as I've read my usb 3 may not be compatible on my msi motherboard.

Obviously this will be quite an investment for someone who doesn't really play games anymore. However, VR has always interested me.

Now some of you have had it for a few days and others longer do you think it's worth jumping on board now or waiting another year or two before taking the plunge?

Soldato
After a few days here, its absolutely awesome. Ive only been playing Roborecall and Elite but they really do kick my ass.
So definitely would take the plung (if your funds allow of course).

No doubt its a gadget but a very entertaining one and you have to think about it in that way and how much return on investment in terms of fun you will get with this thing.

Back
Top Bottom