Work Toilets

Dup

Dup

Soldato
I do think that it's men who have overly psychotic women at home who take the opportunity to treat it like a deranged untrained child becasue they can't at home.

Then again, I hear the situation in the ladies can be just as bad, so maybe people are just selfish pricks all round.

Associate
In the toilets at my work the floor was always soaking wet it turned out to be the Muslims washing themselves before preying. Oh and someone took a dump in a sink and bunged the toilet up with paper towels.

We had something similar (Not in the sink like) at where i worked previously . Someone kept putting poo in the sanitary bin in the ladies toilet numerous emails got sent round.

Man of Honour
I do think that it's men who have overly psychotic women at home who take the opportunity to treat it like a deranged untrained child becasue they can't at home.

Then again, I hear the situation in the ladies can be just as bad, so maybe people are just selfish pricks all round.

It's the latter. I know people who clean toilets, people who check toilets as part of their job and I check toilets myself sometimes. The women's toilets are generally worse than the men's in my workplace, but I think that's due to about 2/3rds of our customers being women. More people = more use = more problems.

The only thing that comes to mind that is specific to one set of toilets is that urinals are more prone to blockages than toilets because the pipes are much narrower and flushed with much less water.

Caporegime
I can always tell when a certain member of our sales team isn't in because the toilet seat and floor isn't covered in slash once we hit 4pm. It's disgusting and I am not sure why people are incapable of using toilets or at least cleaning up after themselves.

Soldato
I'm sure we have some people in our office we don't know how to use a toilet, I mean how does one manage to crap on the actual seat?.

That would involve some kind of hovering mechanic going on, the worst I saw recently was somebody with a case of explosive diarrhoea using the aforementioned technique. Pebble dashed the entire cubical, looked like a scene from Saving Private Ryan.
LOL

Associate
I slipped on something in a cubicle at work the other day, had a look and someone had ****** all over the floor in the next cubicle!

Toilets only get cleaned once a day they're always disgusting.

TJM

TJM

Associate
My office was being refurbished a while ago and one suggestion was to add unisex toilets. The women were up in arms as - whatever else goes on - people don't habitually **** on the seat or soak the floor in the ladies. I couldn't disagree. I lose about 30 seconds to wiping down the seat almost every time I want to take a dump and I often have to make sure the ends of my trousers don't touch the ground.

Associate
To be fair urine is 100% sterile so it isn't really a health hazard just unpleasant.
That is an old belief & an incorrect one. Bacteria lives in the urethra, & urine is not sterile even in the bladder. Your urine contains epithelial cells & bacteria. This is normal.
If someone has a UTI or various cancers they can wee blood. In most cases that blood will only be detectable with testing not the naked eye.
I had a patient who got gonorrhea in his eye by putting urine on his sty to cure it. Only he didn't know he had an STD. The bloke nearly went blind. You are unlikely to catch anything from touching urine from a healthy person. Nonetheless avoid it.

Man of Honour
My work toilets are being refurbished so only one block on the floor is open. There are currently 4 men's cubicles for around 600 men on the floor. Usually one or two cubicles are out of action as they are constantly in use. It doesn't even meet the recommendation from the HSE of 4 toilets for every 60 to 100 men.

People have been known to queue for 20 mins to use them. I usually end up finding a cafe toilet outside as it's quicker.

Caporegime
The HSE view on that is a bit stronger than a recommendation. Pretty poor project management by whoever allowed the numbers to drop so low.

Associate
Try working on an aeroplane, then you will truly see how fowl the human race can be. I know they are small and cramped and turbulence only ever happens mid-flow, but seriously... the floor, the walls, the toilet, every single surface that can have a byproduct of human digestion on it will have.

Back
Top Bottom