1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Work Toilets

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Casdawer, Jun 28, 2017.

1. mrk

Man of Honour

Just the other day I was speaking to one woman at work who then went to the loo next door. I heard the flush and immediately she exited and continued on. No hand washing or anything. Most people in the average workplace are just grim.

I've seen workers who pick their ears and inspect the treasures, workers who pick their noses and taste the goodness, workers who don't give a flying monkeys about their own work environment or other hygiene and so on.

2. Mark A

Capodecina

Why would anyone poop at work, especially if the toilets are in such a state? Either go in the morning before a shower, or after work before a shower. I'd hate to be walking around all day with a crusty bumhole.

3. Slam62

Soldato

Can you catch anything from toilets

4. [FnG]magnolia

Capodecina

The timelines are -

- converging.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2017
  5. adolf hamster

Mobster

at ours they had the slight issue that there were something like 2 toilets and 2 urinals to serve about 200 male employees, so they decided to add an extra toilet.

for a whole month the 200 employees had to deal with 2 portaloo's, suffice to say i held it in....

that said, on the whole they were reasonably clean, we had the "phantom ** Fully Star out all swearimg **" go round a few of the company buildings dropping logs on the floor who hit our building once, but aside from that it wasnt so bad.

the thing that gets me is non-enclosed cubicles, being as i am suffering from a certain auditory volume issue when doing one's business i feel the need to prevent such a soundtrack from unduly aggravating my fellow man. but of course non-enclosed cubicles require significant tactical timing to avoid this problem.

i'd wager "that guy" who appears to be in the cubicle for ages is someone like myself who doesn't wish to inflict his auditory prowess upon his fellow man and is instead waiting for you to leave.

of course this could be solved with either enclosed cubicles or a constant loud soundtrack played in the loo's in question

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2017
  6. KiNgPiN83

Mobster

Someone used to wipe their bogeys on the walls of the cubicles at our place. There would be 10's of the little crustys wiped on the walls in various cubicles across two buildings. It was pretty grim.

7. Telecaster

Mobster

Why would you have a crusty bum hole, didn't anyone ever teach you how to wipe?!

Wow.

8. Efour

Capodecina

My work bogs are pretty immaculate or the occasional slash in the pan that some one didn't flush.

I did work on a rig in south Africa, south seas driller, and it was literally caked in crap in the locals toilet. They couldn't quite get to grips with toilets, so would stand on the seats, crap all over everything , except in the pan...

9. Blackjack Davy

Wise Guy

Male toilets are generally worse than female toilets. But they have their own unique horrors. Like sanitary towels in the waste paper bin. I don't envy the guys who come round and empty the sanny bins. You must be able to smell the vans coming from streets away during summer.

10. azibux1

Mobster

Yes, gonorrhea potentially...

11. JessieD

Gangster

You'd need to get it on a mucous membrane or wound so highly unlikely but technically possible

12. ttaskmaster

Soldato

It should only be fluids going down the urinal, though. No solids at all. Pipe diameter should not matter, even if they're ¼".

13. FortuitousFluke

Wise Guy

Me time, need to keep my Netflix consumption up.

14. Angilion

Man of Honour

Should be no solids at all, but isn't always. There's always someone. I've also been told by a plumber who came out to do repairs that in some situations a buildup of solids can occur from urine. Similar sort of thing to "furring" from "hard" water, but with different substances. There's not much flushing and the drainage pipe is usually at an extremely shallow angle, almost horizontal. Almost perfect for a buildup of anything that can build up.

See, for example, the comments in this thread in a plumbing forum:

http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/threads/blocked-urinal-waste-pipe.27926/

15. Delvis

Caporegime

9/10 I just clean the seat, guarantee someone here has waterfalled all over it.

Also pet hate, not washing your hands? Really?

16. FortuitousFluke

Wise Guy

I have made an observation, the toilets in my office are all cubicles, no urinals at all. Now I have noticed that a lot of the gents who frequent said cubicles put the lid down after use, not just the seat, the lid as well. The frequency of this feels disproportionate to the frequency I would expect to see this done in the outside world. Anybody else experience this in their workplace? I have a theory it's because a large proportion of the chaps have very domineering wives, I need Tosno to confirm whether or not this makes my workplace "beta".

17. Orionaut

Mobster

Back in the Day, My parents visited South Africa. One of my Mums abiding memories was the sense of relief she felt, when having been caught short, in finding a Public Toilet with a sign on saying "Whites Only":p

18. kaptainmarc

Wise Guy

there's around 15 males in my building, 2 cubicles and 2 urinals.

The state someone leaves the cubical in is utterly vile, They have left logs on the seat of the toilet. It got to the point where the bosses were sending emails around as customers were using the same toilets.

19. Cleisthenes

Soldato

@Orionaut , I'm not sure that that's entirely appropriate

20. Efour

Capodecina

Reality isn't appropriate?