Oculus Rift

Soldato
yep it's very useful. I've edited in an arrow shape pointing to my desk on the desk side so I know which way I'm facing.

Other techniques include the spiky wall if you want to avoid a particular edge. And very long spikes pointing to the middle if you want to keep yourself centered

Soldato
OK so I had a play around with the sensor location and fooled the system into thinking

OK so I had a play around with the sensor location and fooled the system into thinking I was facing my monitor when actually I was facing more towards the corner to the right of the PC. The left sensor is still in the same position but I mounted the right sensor in the corner where there's a windowsill and it works much better. Still not ideal but workable although I need to stand rather than sit. This gave me more room on my left and the stair indent is open at the top so I could move my arms much more freely. There's a lightshade directly above my right shoulder too which got a bit of a battering playing Robo Recall but it was ACE! Really immersive and to begin with there was a little bit of SDE but that went away within a minute or so and I got immersed into the game! Anything else free to play that is worth a go?

Really good fun though!

Brilliant!! Delighted that you found a setup that works for the space you have. Yes, Robo Recall is amazing!! And it's very detrimental to the health of your room, especially lights :p After breaking my second lightbulb, I now remove them before I play :)

FlukeRogi has some good suggestions. Dead and Buried and Rec Room are two you definitely should try. Rec Room has a whole lot of games rolled into one. And you should give Echo Arena a go. Even just play around in the lobby, the sense of freedom of movement is class. The games are bit one sided at the moment because the match making sucks.

Caporegime
I'm still having a lot of trouble reloading when playing Robo Recall and will often come up literally empty handed and have to go for my weapons again which is getting frustrating. Other than that it's great fun!

Considering getting Star Trek bridge crew too.

Google Earth VR is amazing too. Flying around NYC is fantastic although I found the controls a bit clunky. Will try some of the suggested games.

Soldato
I'm still having a lot of trouble reloading when playing Robo Recall and will often come up literally empty handed and have to go for my weapons again which is getting frustrating. Other than that it's great fun!

Considering getting Star Trek bridge crew too.

Google Earth VR is amazing too. Flying around NYC is fantastic although I found the controls a bit clunky. Will try some of the suggested games.
The guns have a re spawn countdown.

Soldato
Grrrr... Went to play Red Dragon and game audio is coming out of my Oculus head phones...

How do I make regular games put audio out of my headphones (like before)?

Soldato
Grrrr... Went to play Red Dragon and game audio is coming out of my Oculus head phones...

How do I make regular games put audio out of my headphones (like before)?

In oculus tray tool put a tick after these options
Start with windows
Start Minimized
Use Audio Switcher

When you put a tick on audio switched it will ask you for your backup devices, so select speakers and another mic(if you have one)
What this means is that it will switch to oculus headphones and mic when Oculus home starts and switch back to speakers when you close Oculus.

You should also do the following in Oculus tray tool
in power options
USB selective suspend - disable
Fresno Registry Tweaks - enable (needs a restart to take effect)
And put a tick beside disable Fresno Power management on Start.

In Oculus settings

Set super sampling to whatever your graphic card can handle
and set ASW to Auto.

Good luck :)

Soldato
I'm genuinely considering rewiring my lamp so that it's higher up. I have punched it so many times I'm amazed I haven't been showered with glass on numerous occasions

Soldato
I'm genuinely considering rewiring my lamp so that it's higher up. I have punched it so many times I'm amazed I haven't been showered with glass on numerous occasions

I have, smashed mine to pieces, then I smashed the light bulb a few days later. So now I remove the bulb before I start playing. :)

Soldato
I have, smashed mine to pieces, then I smashed the light bulb a few days later. So now I remove the bulb before I start playing. :)
Ha! I'm thinking I could potentially put a little hook in the ceiling that I could use to hang it out of the way temporarily. It's usually when we're playing Frisbee in rec room and you or Fluke throw it a bit high.

Soldato
If you take the option to remove something from the Oculus Library, does that completely delete the program?

For example, its added things like:-
GuardianBoundayEditor.exe
EliteDangerous64.exe

I don't want these listed in the Oculus library? They're weren't installed via Oculus and are in completely different folders - So why's it added them?

Associate
If you take the option to remove something from the Oculus Library, does that completely delete the program?

For example, its added things like:-
GuardianBoundayEditor.exe
EliteDangerous64.exe

I don't want these listed in the Oculus library? They're weren't installed via Oculus and are in completely different folders - So why's it added them?

Currently, once you delete them they're gone forever from Oculus Home - you can not yet undo this, and this was both in the patch notes and in the warning you get before removing it. People say they've been able to restore things manually though (not tried that myself). It will of course not uninstall the entire program.

Don
Maybe I'm being dumb, but how do I get Oculus Home to show me my Steam VR games with the latest update? I have "Unknown Sources" turned on but I don't see anything other than games I've bought through Oculus Home.

Soldato
Next problem... In Steam VR and for example Neuro I get pretty obvious jitter. If I move my head left/right I can see the scene stuttering enough at least to notice.

I can participate in loads of other stuff from Oculus and everything is rock solid, but go in to Steam VR and immediately jitter...

Any suggestions?

Associate
Maybe I'm being dumb, but how do I get Oculus Home to show me my Steam VR games with the latest update? I have "Unknown Sources" turned on but I don't see anything other than games I've bought through Oculus Home.

If you're on 1.17, just launch them directly or through steam, it'll add them to the list.

Next problem... In Steam VR and for example Neuro I get pretty obvious jitter. If I move my head left/right I can see the scene stuttering enough at least to notice.

I can participate in loads of other stuff from Oculus and everything is rock solid, but go in to Steam VR and immediately jitter...

Any suggestions?

Launching them without Steam VR (so launching directly, or from Oculus Home 1.17 onwards) seems to help me a bit ... it's particularly Steam VR that causes issues for me.

Back
Top Bottom