North Korea

Caporegime
http://english.yonhapnews.co.kr/news/2017/08/15/0200000000AEN20170815000900315.html

Well, guess I can tick off visiting Guam for a holiday for a while, I never been a fan of tans, I like my creamy white skin. :D

https://twitter.com/MicahGrimes/status/897223187066388482

DHOTjMjUQAArFpB.jpg

That line on the map NK to Guam.

Basically they've got a map and drawn a line down it with a Sharpie.

DHOXD4-XgAAErvX

Caporegime
Let's be honest here, if the US didn't have a base on Guam, it wouldn't even be important or currently in the news.

Is it any less unfortunate, no... but some perspective is important.

Associate
I just don't get it, all these generals look like such nice, friendly Grandad's, the kind you'd imagine being eccentric Asian supermarket owners or Mogwai peddlers in the back of an exotic pet shop, telling tall tales of dragons and stuff while puffing on a pipe. But no, the shifty buggers actually bow to this angry fat man child and believe him to be a god who wants to start nucular war.

What Muppets.

Soldato
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-40931775

Lol, looks like they have indeed bottled it...

They look a bit silly now, after making very specific, graphic and apparently genuine threats, to back down and not carry them out makes them look even weaker than before.

It's also incidental that yesterday china started enforcing UN sanctions on them, I wonder what else china have been doing or saying to them in the background, away from western media

Soldato
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-40931775

Lol, looks like they have indeed bottled it...

They look a bit silly now, after making very specific, graphic and apparently genuine threats, to back down and not carry them out makes them look even weaker than before.

It's also incidental that yesterday china started enforcing UN sanctions on them, I wonder what else china have been doing or saying to them in the background, away from western media

That's the whole point, NK aren't the global threat. They like to bang their drums make a lot of noise to get themselves noticed. Hence why the rest of the worlds leaders just nod sagely and say 'it's just NK'

It doesn't need an imbecile like Trump to ratchet up the stakes with his rantings about 'fire and fury', it needs diplomacy, which as you say, was going on in the background

Caporegime
I just don't get it, all these generals look like such nice, friendly Grandad's, the kind you'd imagine being eccentric Asian supermarket owners or Mogwai peddlers in the back of an exotic pet shop, telling tall tales of dragons and stuff while puffing on a pipe. But no, the shifty buggers actually bow to this angry fat man child and believe him to be a god who wants to start nucular war.

What Muppets.

Which man child you talking about?? Trump or Kim?? :p

Caporegime
As for NK?? Anyone with half a brain cell could very well see they were talking out of their proverbial backsides.

The only muppet in this whole farce is Trump, him believing that NK were going to launch some missiles at Guam.

Like I said anyone with half a brain cell could see what this was. Says it all about Trump, who thought NK were being serious:p.

Associate
I think Kim (and his father previously) expected this to go the same way as when dealing with previous administrations, kick up a fuss, threaten everyone .. get thrown a nice bone for something you wanted.

Maybe this will stop that cycle.

Associate
They look a bit silly now, after making very specific, graphic and apparently genuine threats, to back down and not carry them out makes them look even weaker than before
Don't believe every thing you read in the news, especially from the BBC.
NK probably never made that threat in the first place.

Soldato
The problem is, next time they will have even better missiles and they will be threatening the US mainland. Then maybe Europe and the UK. Because he wasn't dealt with now, he will be holding the world to ransom in future.

Soldato
The problem is, next time they will have even better missiles and they will be threatening the US mainland. Then maybe Europe and the UK. Because he wasn't dealt with now, he will be holding the world to ransom in future.

I don't think it's that one dimensional to be honest,

Those sanctions bite and they bite hard - even China is enforcing them by preventing imports of things like Iron/Coal etc, because China likes making $trillions from the rest of the world and doesn't want the upset.

It won't let NK get too far off the leash, I suspect this back down of NK is probably being accompanied by other things that we won't see or hear about - maybe China will intervene in the missile development... A nuclear armed NK that can target the west doesn't help China in any way - it hurts them, so I think they'll act accordingly.

Soldato
Do not forget the arms exports, via intermediaries like Malaysia (...watch the BBC2 catch-up on murder of Kim Jong-nam - if it was not fake news)
surprising USA have not been able to stamp down on this ? but maybe it is an easy way to monitor their technology.

edit :utube marketting
maybe usa can introduce software bugs like stuxnet

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom